HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Preseason: 9/26/08 Ottawa @ Montreal 7:30PM EDT CKAC, CJAD ‎

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Ottawa fans are so bitter in their thread, and this started last season along with their sissy Lion thing. They are really becoming insecure and boy is it fun to watch. Esp that poster from QC who pretends he doesn't have 'hate' for the habs, yet he cheers for the Sens and he was admittedly a Nordiques fan

Old
09-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Sticky it. And while your at it, get rid of five or six of the stickies that are already there and nobody needs anymore.
Sticky: 08/09 Habs Ticket Exchange Thread -NEEDED
Sticky: 2008-2009 Euro/NCAA/CHL/USHL Prospects thread -NEEDED
Sticky: The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Part VI... Return of the Rabbi (Brisebois edition) -ok, this one could go because we have the LW Beaker OT thread
Sticky: Habs fan at hfboards..who are we? -USEFUL
Sticky: OT - The Official Montreal Alouettes 2008 Season Thread -NEEDED
Sticky: Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part IV ‎ -NEEDED
Sticky: The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 3.0 -NEEDED
Sticky: Official summer 2009 Habs salary cap situation/UFA's discussion thread -NEEDED
Sticky: Habs Library: FAQs, Boutique, Ole, History (French player), Out of Town, etc -USEFUL

So tell me, where are these 6 that are not needed anymore?

Old
09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Sticky: 08/09 Habs Ticket Exchange Thread -NEEDED
Sticky: 2008-2009 Euro/NCAA/CHL/USHL Prospects thread -NEEDED
Sticky: The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Part VI... Return of the Rabbi (Brisebois edition) -ok, this one could go because we have the LW Beaker OT thread
Sticky: Habs fan at hfboards..who are we? -USEFUL
Sticky: OT - The Official Montreal Alouettes 2008 Season Thread -NEEDED
Sticky: Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part IV ‎ -NEEDED
Sticky: The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 3.0 -NEEDED
Sticky: Official summer 2009 Habs salary cap situation/UFA's discussion thread -NEEDED
Sticky: Habs Library: FAQs, Boutique, Ole, History (French player), Out of Town, etc -USEFUL

So tell me, where are these 6 that are not needed anymore?
Personally, I am from Montreal much like all of these posters so I don't dwell into the "what to do in MTL" one, n'or am I interested in The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret which I think is a little over-the-top as thread but almost needed with such a huge fanbase. The Hamilton thread is mandatory and I don't really care who the posters are, just what their ideas about our hockey team are. And the lilbaker stuff I won't say nothing about cause I dont wanna get banned lol

Old
09-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Personally, I am from Montreal much like all of these posters so I don't dwell into the "what to do in MTL" one, n'or am I interested in The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret which I think is a little over-the-top as thread but almost needed with such a huge fanbase. The Hamilton thread is mandatory and I don't really care who the posters are, just what their ideas about our hockey team are. And the lilbaker stuff I won't say nothing about cause I dont wanna get banned lol
The what to do in montreal is needed because people were comming here and making new thread everyday about comming here and what are the best hotels, resto, club...ect.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Ottawa fans are so bitter in their thread, and this started last season along with their sissy Lion thing. They are really becoming insecure and boy is it fun to watch. Esp that poster from QC who pretends he doesn't have 'hate' for the habs, yet he cheers for the Sens and he was admittedly a Nordiques fan
I know guys like that. Anti-Habs all the way, it runs in families. These guys are different than Nordiques fans from Québec because having lived in Québec, I haven't met a single one that converted to the Nation's capital side. He's just a pure Habs hater.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I accidentally the Senators, is this bad?
You are my new hero.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Roke

Quote:
I just read through the thread, and maybe I'm missing something, but it's pretty tame besides a few posters perpetuating the myth of the supposed French-Canadian rule.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:38 PM
lasainteflanelle*

GO HABS GO!!!

i wish i could be at the centre bell ce soir. anyone know of any live feeds?

Old
09-26-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I think it's great...i'd love for the Habs vs. Sens rivalry to intensify

It was never like this before, cause the Habs sucked, things are different now...The Leafs are done for a bit, Ottawa's still very good and I believe the Habs are too.

Should be a fun season

Old
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
I just read through the thread, and maybe I'm missing something, but it's pretty tame besides a few posters perpetuating the myth of the supposed French-Canadian rule.
Yeah they are seriously bashing our cup wins. Well I guess that can't be too bad, could be the other way around?

nahhhhh I guess I like it this way

Old
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
how else do you think marcel dionne won us all those cups?

Old
09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
lasainteflanelle*

personally, i'd mych rather have a competitive leafs-habs rivalry than this sens one we got going on.

at least leaf fans don't have an inferiority complex, it gets quite annoying to read the junk sens fans have to say.

LIONS!!!

Old
09-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
personally, i'd mych rather have a competitive leafs-habs rivalry than this sens one we got going on.

at least leaf fans don't have an inferiority complex, it gets quite annoying to read the junk sens fans have to say.

LIONS!!!
Yeah leafs are still priority#1, and even if they will suck this year I'm gonna do my best to playfully throw salt on the wounds

Old
09-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Next Best Thing*

Pacioretty's third "semi-pro" game, I think he will score a goal tonight. Can't wait.. T - 15 mins.

Old
09-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Esp that poster from QC who pretends he doesn't have 'hate' for the habs, yet he cheers for the Sens and he was admittedly a Nordiques fan
I love how he uses what the CKAC tools (Villeneuve and Lajoie especially) say against the Sens as some sort of important thing.

I mean sheesh, most Habs fans think those guys are morons and certainly not Habs homers...Villeneuve still goes to bed with Nordiques PJ's on, I have no doubt about it.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 09-26-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old
09-26-2008, 06:11 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
how else do you think Gilbert dionne won us all those cups?
Fixed

Old
09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I love how he uses what the CKAC tools (Villeneuve and Lajoie especially) say against the Sens as some sort of important thing.

I mean sheesh, most Habs fans think those guys are morons and certainly not Habs homers...Villeneuve still goes to bed with Nordiques PJ's on, I have no doubt about it.
Hey, we've got Garrioch and how many posts does that guy generate?

Old
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Hey, we've got Garrioch and how many posts does that guy generate?
More than Id care for for

Old
09-26-2008, 06:15 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
More than Id care for for
More than the number of sandwiches he eats in a day.

Old
09-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Gil Gunderson

Hey GUIZE!!!!1

Old
09-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
More than the number of sandwiches he eats in a day.

I don't think the server could handle that amount of posts.

Old
09-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Lone Rogue

I have a confession to make: I have never cared for the Senators. I know its kind of wrong to say and a "who cares" but I actually remember their first home game and being shut out by the Canadiens 3-0 and how absolutely embarrassing their whole opening theme was. It doesn't help that Spartan Slapnuts just kept the tradition alive.

I think the only time I cared about what was going on with the team was when the Ottawa Media tried to lynch (yes, I used that word on purpose) Ray Emery for being bla... cocky.

So yeah, would love to see Montreal win, but if they don't, I won't lose any sleep. Though I do admit, I'd love to see Chris Phillips in a Hab sweater...

Old
09-26-2008, 06:31 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I know its kind of wrong to say and a "who cares" but I actually remember their first home game and being shut out by the Canadiens 3-0 and how absolutely embarrassing their whole opening theme was. It doesn't help that Spartan Slapnuts just kept the tradition alive.
Actually the Senators won their first home game since returning to the league 5-3 against the Canadiens on October 8th, 1992. One of only 10 games won that year.

But "A" for effort, chief!

Old
09-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Actually the Senators won their first home game since returning to the league 5-3 against the Canadiens on October 8th, 1992. One of only 10 games won that year.

But "A" for effort, chief!
Was it the opening of a new arena? What 3-0 game am I thinking of? I just remember people dressed stupid and banging drums.

Old
09-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I have a confession to make: I have never cared for the Senators. I know its kind of wrong to say and a "who cares" but I actually remember their first home game and being shut out by the Canadiens 3-0 and how absolutely embarrassing their whole opening theme was. It doesn't help that Spartan Slapnuts just kept the tradition alive.

I think the only time I cared about what was going on with the team was when the Ottawa Media tried to lynch (yes, I used that word on purpose) Ray Emery for being bla... cocky.

So yeah, would love to see Montreal win, but if they don't, I won't lose any sleep. Though I do admit, I'd love to see Chris Phillips in a Hab sweater...
They're like the Leafs' and Habs' ugly sister. Or something.

Closed Thread