HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line-up against Ottawa

Old
09-25-2008, 08:27 PM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
Poor Weber p;aying with Henry... They should match both Weber and Subban with NHK D i think so they are a bit more confortable out there. Henry will have lots of job with Weber pinching like crazy.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Koivu skated the last 3 days... I think he'll be good to go on Saturday. Lang, Tanguay and Higgins should all be there too. They better, I'll be at the game!!!
Lang, Tanguay, and Higgins are realistic options as they've been practicing and haven't missed any game time. So they likely just have little bangs and bruises and might play.

Koivu on the other hand has only been skating alone and not practicing, so I doubt we see him before Tuesday at the earliest.

Enjoy the game!

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 06:04 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
What I'm wondering now, looking at that line-up, is who exactly will play on Saturday?! I hope some of Tanguay, Latendresse, Higgins, Lang, Hamrlik, etc. are good to go, or else a bunch of guys will need to play both nights. And we don't get a break after that, since we play Sunday as well.

For the heck of it, if none of the sickbay crew are back, and no one plays 2 games in 2 nights, this could be our team Saturday, including playing some guys on their off-sides:

Lehoux - Glumac - Beauregard
Fortier - Chipchura - Dandenault
Wyman - Trotter - Aubin
O. Latendresse - White - Flinn

Bouillon - Komisarek
Valentenko - Belle
Martin - Anderson

Price
Desjardins

Poor Price!

Old
09-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Sharp Skates

vCash: 50
With Glumac as a 1st line center, you don't need a goalie. Pull him so Glumac can play the whole game.

Sharp Skates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 07:18 AM
ngc_5128

Quote:
What I'm wondering now, looking at that line-up, is who exactly will play on Saturday?! I hope some of Tanguay, Latendresse, Higgins, Lang, Hamrlik, etc. are good to go, or else a bunch of guys will need to play both nights. And we don't get a break after that, since we play Sunday as well.

For the heck of it, if none of the sickbay crew are back, and no one plays 2 games in 2 nights, this could be our team Saturday, including playing some guys on their off-sides:

Wyman - Trotter - Aubin

Bouillon - Komisarek
Valentenko - Belle
Martin - Anderson

Price
Desjardins

Seeing this makes you glad there is a minimum number of NHL players that need to be on a preseason game roster (10, I think).

ngc_5128 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Wyman - Trotter - Aubin

Bouillon - Komisarek
Valentenko - Belle
Martin - Anderson

Price
Desjardins

Carey Price: C'est mon dernier match icit!!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Wyman - Trotter - Aubin

Bouillon - Komisarek
Valentenko - Belle
Martin - Anderson

Price
Desjardins

With that lineup, you better let Lever be the coach.....he'll feel right at home....

Come to think of it, would be better to have Lacasse be the goalie for the whole game....Thing is that since Ottawa starts their year sooner, they already have a full lineup right now with only 28 players at camp.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
number 11

at some point in exhibition i'd like to see hammer play with gorges. wonder how kaptain kelowna would do in the number 4 spot.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
Solid lineup for tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow's lineup will be, as I'll be going to the game in Ottawa. Probably most of the guys from the Detroit game but I really wanted to see Pac-Max and Subban... hopefully a few of them will play tomorrow night as well.

2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Poor Weber p;aying with Henry... They should match both Weber and Subban with NHK D i think so they are a bit more confortable out there. Henry will have lots of job with Weber pinching like crazy.
I understand where you're coming from... it's not exactly like playing with Markov.

However Henry, although far from flashy, and slow of foot didn't look too bad in Halifax. He's conservative and responsible in his own end. Opposing forwards we're not beating him, even wide, as he has enough experience to know when to give ground and when to pursue. In fact, in the event of catastrophic injuries I think he can help out in Montreal for a few games (he'd be exposed over a long stretch, but in a pinch, he looks serviceable to me).

Conversely, Weber struggled in his own end in the game I watched. He struggled with his decisions and his positioning. I like the pair because Henry's strengths are Weber's weaknesses. Henry may lack the physical skills but mentally he's sound. He's got 170 games of NHL experience and he can help the rook learn some of the tricks of the trade. That's why Henry's been brought in.

I agree it could be a stressful night for Mr. Henry with Ottawa icing their almost opening day line-up.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
*no game thread posted musings*

hehe, they really really REALLY can't stand the Habs over at the Sens board. It's getting to be nearly at the level of Bruins fans. The misconceptions about the Habs over there are hilarious, but oh well. Let them continue to think the Kostitsyn's are soft players.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Kovy's a beast!

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

hehe, they really really REALLY can't stand the Habs over at the Sens board. It's getting to be nearly at the level of Bruins fans. The misconceptions about the Habs over there are hilarious, but oh well. Let them continue to think the Kostitsyn's are soft players.
yeah cause we all know that on paper theyll be the toughest meanest team ever ever, remember there lions gerrrrrr, scary.

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

My favorite is the guy preferring Mike Fisher over Saku. Might wanna look over those playoff numbers buddy...

Saku - 50 16 29 45
Fisher - 69 12 11 23

Ya what a beast that career third liner is..

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Newhabfan

No GDT for this one? Don't they deserve it?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Now that the Habs are playing at home , i don't know if Carbo is going to play for the victory ; until now , he put a lot of prospects on the ice , and keep them there until the end . I thought that the Wings looked ridiculous yesterday , with their big canons againts the Habs prospects , and i was so proud that Carbo choose to go with the prospects during the shutout .

We know that we have a good team this season , so Carbo choose to go for the evaluation of his youth .
I agree except carbo went to the vets after detroit used datsyuk, hossa, holmstrom by countering with higgins and then markov to win it.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I agree except carbo went to the vets after detroit used datsyuk, hossa, holmstrom by countering with higgins and then markov to win it.
Higgins was selected before the shootout started. Had nothing to do with the Wings sending out the vets.

the coaches have to hand in a list of the first 3 players prior to the shootout starting.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote