HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

could my skate blade be in the wrong place?

Old
09-23-2008, 05:49 PM
vyktor

vCash: 500
could my skate blade be in the wrong place?

I really like the boots in my CCM Vector's 10.0 I think (the shiny ovechin ones)
I've noticed however it's hard to balance on the right foot.

While the left feels like the blade is under the center of my foot,in a neutral position; the right blade feels like it isn't centered, it looks like it's in the center but doesn't feel like it, can these be moved to accommodate what are probably my bad feet?

vyktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 07:38 PM
XweekendwarriorX

maybe you have a jacked up foot? i dont know i never heard of that problem i really dont think it is the skate unless its one of those 1 in a million things. it could be due to the way you bend your ankles or knees and the foot reacts to it im not sure.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Heat McManus

It's not unheard of to have the holder mounted incorrectly. If it's within the warranty period you may be entitled to a new pair. If not, you can have new holes drilled.

Drilling is not something I highly recommend though because the holes will be a lot larger and the holder may shift. A new holder (E-Pro->LS2 for example) may have the holes spread out more allowing the rivets to hold better.

Bring it back to your hockey shop and they can take a look at it.

If the runner (skate blade) is aligned correctly it may be your foot. You may be tilting one way or the other (pronating or supinating leaning in or out) which may be corrected by putting a shim under the sole or an orthodic insert.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
greech

Send a message via AIM to greech
Umm...how long you been skating? Could it be, maybe, you've got a bad sharpening or you have no edge...

greech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 07:35 AM
vyktor

Thanks for the input

I've been skating about 2 years, I've had these skates about 6 months, they are an upgrade over a pair of CCM Edge 4.5, the boots are quite a bit more rigid and it has take a bit of time to get used to. I tried the old skates on out of curiosity and the blades seem to be centered on both feet.

vyktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 04:02 AM
Crosbyfan

Put the blades together with the soles facing each other so that the skates line up. (the same way you would compare their blade profiles) They should be perfect mirror images of each other.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 02:26 PM
MikeD

it is very possible that the blade has a poor grind or holder is not square to the boot. Your radius profile's bottom could be shifted with a bad grind. Talk to the locals and find a good grinder whos been at it a while. If you dont know the name of the guy whos grinding your skate, you risk getting crap grinds. Always know the name so you can make sure to go get the same or avoid

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote