HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards is Captain Cannon, 3rd with a C

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2008, 02:17 AM
  #101
Miracle80
Registered User
 
Miracle80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
I just ordered my jersey.....finally, I've been waiting for this day. I am thrilled with this decision.
I see both sides of this story, Kimmo with the experience but we can't take away the captaincy from him in the middle of his contract to give it to Cannon and we can't wait years for Cannon to take over. I truly believe that Richards is ready and the team is ready to follow him. He made a name for himself last year, he proved himself with actions on the ice. He is the now and the future of this team. Personally, I feel he needed to accept this role now, and not "pull a Gagne" so to speak. I love Simon, don't get me wrong, but he dissappointed me by turning down the "C" in the past. Not so long ago Gags was our franchise player/face of the future/captain for life(maybe too strong words). Richards is the real deal, a complete player that is ready to be in this position. Some people were just born to lead and he is one of them.
He led this team last year without the "C" on his chest, I can't imagine what he will do with it.

Miracle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:23 AM
  #102
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Wasn't M.Richards a captain in WJC? A team that had Bergeron, Crosby, Carter, Staal, Parent, Coburn, and so on? That team was loaded with talent.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:28 AM
  #103
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,506
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I think Ironman's been done...But I'll check. In the meantime...


Bow before your maker

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:56 AM
  #104
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Wasn't M.Richards a captain in WJC? A team that had Bergeron, Crosby, Carter, Staal, Parent, Coburn, and so on? That team was loaded with talent.
Goaltenders


Réjean Beauchemin, Winnipeg, MB.
Prince Albert (WHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Jeff Glass, Cochrane, AB.
Kootenay (WHL)/Ottawa Senators

Defensemen

Cam Barker, Winnipeg, MB
Medecine Hat (WHL)/Chicago Blackhawks
Shawn Belle, Edmonton, AB
Tri-City (WHL)/St. Louis Blues
Braydon Coburn, Shaunavon, SK
Portland (WHL)/Atlanta Thrashers
Dion Phaneuf, Edmonton, AB
Red Deer (WHL)/Calgary Flames
Brent Seabrook, Tsawwassen, BC
Lethbridge (WHL)/Chicago Blackhawks
Danny Syvret, Millgrove, ON
London (OHL)
Shea Weber, Sicamous, BC
Kelowna (WHL)/Nashville Predators

Forwards

Patrice Bergeron, Ancienne-Lorette, QC
Providence (AHL)/Boston Bruins
Jeff Carter, London, ON
Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Jeremy Colliton, Blackie, AB
Prince Albert (WHL)/New York Islanders
Sidney Crosby, Halifax, NS
Rimouski (QMJHL)
Nigel Dawes, Winnipeg, MB
Kootenay (WHL)/New York Rangers
Stephen Dixon, Halifax, NS
Cape Breton (QMJHL)/Pittsburgh Penguins
Colin Fraser, Surrey, BC
Red Deer (WHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Ryan Getzlaf, Regina, SK
Calgary (WHL)/Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Andrew Ladd, Maple Ridge, BC
Calgary (WHL)/Carolina Hurricanes
Clarke MacArthur, Lloydminster, AB
Medecine Hat (WHL)/Buffalo Sabres
Corey Perry, Peterborough, ON
London (OHL)/Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Michael Richards, Kenora, ON
Kitchener (OHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Anthony Stewart, Scarborough, ON
Kingston (OHL)/Florida Panthers

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 06:11 AM
  #105
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
Sam Donnellon thinks Cannon shouldn't be Captain:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s_captain.html
This guy sounds like a complete idiot. The Jeter reference alone made me ill. Here's a newsflash Sam, Tino was never captain of the Yankees--the last captain before Jeter was Mattingly. And I really don't know what he's getting at with the whole press thing. I know I don't live in Philly, but the national interview after the ECF loss was done by Mike Richards not Kimmo.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 06:20 AM
  #106
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
Sam Donnellon thinks Cannon shouldn't be Captain:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s_captain.html
Donnellon just goes to show that that old saying about opinions really does hold true.......

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 09:18 AM
  #107
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Sam Donnellon knows little or nothing about sports in general, let alone hockey. He always makes an ass of him self on Daily News Live.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
  #108
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief
 
Chuck Downie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Sam Donnellon knows little or nothing about sports in general, let alone hockey. He always makes an ass of him self on Daily News Live.
Doesn't suprise me. I bet he loves Crosby.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:02 PM
  #109
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Goaltenders


Réjean Beauchemin, Winnipeg, MB.
Prince Albert (WHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Jeff Glass, Cochrane, AB.
Kootenay (WHL)/Ottawa Senators

Defensemen

Cam Barker, Winnipeg, MB
Medecine Hat (WHL)/Chicago Blackhawks
Shawn Belle, Edmonton, AB
Tri-City (WHL)/St. Louis Blues
Braydon Coburn, Shaunavon, SK
Portland (WHL)/Atlanta Thrashers
Dion Phaneuf, Edmonton, AB
Red Deer (WHL)/Calgary Flames
Brent Seabrook, Tsawwassen, BC
Lethbridge (WHL)/Chicago Blackhawks
Danny Syvret, Millgrove, ON
London (OHL)
Shea Weber, Sicamous, BC
Kelowna (WHL)/Nashville Predators

Forwards

Patrice Bergeron, Ancienne-Lorette, QC
Providence (AHL)/Boston Bruins
Jeff Carter, London, ON
Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Jeremy Colliton, Blackie, AB
Prince Albert (WHL)/New York Islanders
Sidney Crosby, Halifax, NS
Rimouski (QMJHL)
Nigel Dawes, Winnipeg, MB
Kootenay (WHL)/New York Rangers
Stephen Dixon, Halifax, NS
Cape Breton (QMJHL)/Pittsburgh Penguins
Colin Fraser, Surrey, BC
Red Deer (WHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Ryan Getzlaf, Regina, SK
Calgary (WHL)/Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Andrew Ladd, Maple Ridge, BC
Calgary (WHL)/Carolina Hurricanes
Clarke MacArthur, Lloydminster, AB
Medecine Hat (WHL)/Buffalo Sabres
Corey Perry, Peterborough, ON
London (OHL)/Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Michael Richards, Kenora, ON
Kitchener (OHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Anthony Stewart, Scarborough, ON
Kingston (OHL)/Florida Panthers
Nice touch with the pink

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
  #110
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Michael Richards, Kenora, ON
Kitchener (OHL)/Philadelphia Flyers
Haha, Cannon Kramer?

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:21 PM
  #111
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Nice touch with the pink
I thought so.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 12:51 PM
  #112
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Bump, All Cannon discussion here for now.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 12:57 PM
  #113
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
wooo cannon

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 01:16 PM
  #114
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 02:17 PM
  #115
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
And another shorty today...great video, chaos.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 02:18 PM
  #116
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
What are the odds of Cannon becoming all-time short-handed goal leader?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 02:19 PM
  #117
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
This is the new Richards thread. Mike Richards is Captain Cannon, 3rd with a C

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:19 PM
  #118
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
What are the odds of Cannon becoming all-time short-handed goal leader?
TOP 10

1.gretzkey-73
2.Mark Messier-63
3.Steve Yzerman- 50
4.mario Lemieux- 49
5.Butch Goring -40
6.Dave Poulin- 39
7.Jari Kurri-37
8.Sergei Federov-36
9. Theoren Fleury- 35
10.Dirk Graham- 35

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 07:09 PM
  #119
DMBgags
Registered User
 
DMBgags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Country: United States
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DMBgags
How many fights did Cannon have last year?? Not a huge deal, I am just curious.

DMBgags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
  #120
XS Chop
Registered User
 
XS Chop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maple Shade, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBgags View Post
How many fights did Cannon have last year?? Not a huge deal, I am just curious.
NHL.com stats shows 4 last year, 4 in 06-07, 5 in 05-06. Not as many as I would have thought.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
  #121
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
NHL.com stats shows 4 last year, 4 in 06-07, 5 in 05-06. Not as many as I would have thought.
That's because you may be thinking about all the times Crosby ran away from him.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
  #122
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
NHL.com stats shows 4 last year, 4 in 06-07, 5 in 05-06. Not as many as I would have thought.
5 in his rookie year, 4 in the forgotten year, 5 last year. Also, he's fought once each pre-season except this one.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Fig...x?Player=10521

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
  #123
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
"Timonen proved to be that guy last year. Richards has been that guy his whole career."

Quoted from that Sam Donellon article. So, if he's been "that guy" his whole career, why shouldn't he be captain again Sam?

BTW, Cannon.... I mean Captain Cannon looked awesome today!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 12:24 AM
  #124
Claude28Giroux
praiseG
 
Claude28Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lewiston, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,707
vCash: 500
I like the conversion to the new CDT

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 03:51 AM
  #125
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
5 in his rookie year, 4 in the forgotten year, 5 last year. Also, he's fought once each pre-season except this one.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Fig...x?Player=10521
Well, the pre-season isn't over yet and we still play the Caps. May the evil Ovechking wants a re-match.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.