HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chipchura

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2008, 06:37 PM
  #1
Habs_46
Registered User
 
Habs_46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New-Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Chipchura

I just have to say.... WOW... what a period so far...

this guy is playing like someone who's tired of riding the bus!!

Habs_46 is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 06:43 PM
  #2
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,060
vCash: 500
He should have stayed up last year. He's certainly making a case to begin the season on the Habs. Looking better than Lapierre for sure.

le_sean is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 06:44 PM
  #3
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,235
vCash: 500
Here it comes again...

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 06:44 PM
  #4
Sparepart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
If he was really tired of "riding the bus" he would of been playing like this for the entire training camp, instead of just one period.

Chipchura has had a very average training camp up until this point.

Sparepart is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 06:57 PM
  #5
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,371
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
If he was really tired of "riding the bus" he would of been playing like this for the entire training camp, instead of just one period.
huh? he actually had a strong 2nd half in the Detroit game according to the CKAC crew that night.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
09-27-2008, 07:29 PM
  #6
GNick42
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
I am kind of worried about his skating. However, even with that he will be a very good NHLer. Ryan White kind of makes Chipchura redundant in my opinion. I would consider packaging Chips in a deal to get a star player at the deadline because of this.

GNick42 is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 07:38 PM
  #7
7th Player
Registered User
 
7th Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
chipchura

7th Player is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 07:43 PM
  #8
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
I am kind of worried about his skating. However, even with that he will be a very good NHLer. Ryan White kind of makes Chipchura redundant in my opinion. I would consider packaging Chips in a deal to get a star player at the deadline because of this.
Maybe he can go to the same skating school as gui as become an olympic speed skater just like Latendresse!

Andy is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 07:44 PM
  #9
Sparepart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
huh? he actually had a strong 2nd half in the Detroit game according to the CKAC crew that night.

Uh, well didn't listen to that game, but the reviews I read weren't great. My point is, if Chipchura hopes to make this team he's going to have to give a full effort 100% of the time, not half the time, not a quarter of the time, all the time.

Sparepart is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 07:47 PM
  #10
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500

znk is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 07:49 PM
  #11
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,696
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Uh, well didn't listen to that game, but the reviews I read weren't great. My point is, if Chipchura hopes to make this team he's going to have to give a full effort 100% of the time, not half the time, not a quarter of the time, all the time.
His play in this one period has been better than any montage of Lapierre's "best plays of the preseason" you can come up with.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 08:22 PM
  #12
Sparepart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
His play in this one period has been better than any montage of Lapierre's "best plays of the preseason" you can come up with.
Are we talking about Lapierre or Chipchura? It doesn't matter what Lapierre is doing, it doesn't change anything for Kyle. Chipchura has to play his own way onto the team, rather then having someone else play their way off it.

Sparepart is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 08:45 PM
  #13
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Ive been reading all the comments on Chip since the begining of camp from you guys and the media and i had the idea that his days in MTL were numbered.

After whatching the Ottawa game ive came to the conclusion that many people here and in the media must hate him. The guy should be on this team centering the 4th line and i dont care what people think. Chip is exactly what a championship team needs;

He's VERY smart, has size to work in the corners and does all the little things that are not always noticeable on the scoresheet but very valuable to his team. Lapierre as a center is a mistake and so would sending Chipchura to Hamilton. I hope Chip keeps it up cuz he looks like he might be a key piece to this important season.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
  #14
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
he played a very good game overall . I like this player . I don't know what woud be his role this season , but i would put his name ahead of the ones of Dandeneault , Bégin and Lapierre .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 08:51 PM
  #15
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Ive been reading all the comments on Chip since the begining of camp from you guys and the media and i had the idea that his days in MTL were numbered.

After whatching the Ottawa game ive came to the conclusion that many people here and in the media must hate him. The guy should be on this team centering the 4th line and i dont care what people think. Chip is exactly what a championship team needs;

He's VERY smart, has size to work in the corners and does all the little things that are not always noticeable on the scoresheet but very valuable to his team. Lapierre as a center is a mistake and so would sending Chipchura to Hamilton. I hope Chip keeps it up cuz he looks like he might be a key piece to this important season.
Quoted for the truth!!

Andy is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 08:52 PM
  #16
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Are we talking about Lapierre or Chipchura? It doesn't matter what Lapierre is doing, it doesn't change anything for Kyle. Chipchura has to play his own way onto the team, rather then having someone else play their way off it.
Chipchura HAS been playing his own way onto the team. He was playing well last year before he got sent down and two things he needed work on were his skating and faceoffs, tonight he showed he improved on both of those skills especially on faceoffs.

Chipchura isn't necessarily the better player between him and Lapierre but Chipchura is a lot better as a center. Chipchura needs to be the 4th line center as Lapierre is 100 times more effective as a winger and he'll be able to become more of a pest as he would have less responsibilities.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 08:54 PM
  #17
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
I heard that Kyle Chipchura was the captain of the Prince Albert Raiders, is that true ?

SpreeEndaz is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:05 PM
  #18
BulldogFever
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Chipchura has to play himself on the team, I think he will. If he was going to be traded, it would've happened by now. In 100 games Lapierre has 31 points, -3 & 86 penalty minutes. Chipchura - 36 games, 11 points & -1 - very similar stats. Next year, not everyone is coming back - Begin, Kovalev, Tanguay, Lang, Koivu, Dandenault, Kostopoulos and don't expect Maxwell, White or Pacioretty to make the team after one year in Hamilton. Free agents don't want to come here. We don't have 3rd or 4th line centers ready to play.

BulldogFever is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:06 PM
  #19
Sparepart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Chipchura HAS been playing his own way onto the team. He was playing well last year before he got sent down and two things he needed work on were his skating and faceoffs, tonight he showed he improved on both of those skills especially on faceoffs.

Well, its upto Carbo to decide if Chipchura has been playing his way onto the team. IMO Chipchura could be doing more (consistency), tonights game was a good step, but he needs to continue his strong play in EVERY game.

Besides, even if he does earn a spot on the team, then what? Send Lapierre down? thats not exactly fair to him, he hasn't been playing poorly (despite the opinions of some people here). Trade Danedenault? that would be my solution, but from Gainey's/Carbo's comments it seems like Dandy is not going anywhere.

Sparepart is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:08 PM
  #20
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,696
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Well, its upto Carbo to decide if Chipchura has been playing his way onto the team. IMO Chipchura could be doing more (consistency), tonights game was a good step, but he needs to continue his strong play in EVERY game.

Besides, even if he does earn a spot on the team, then what? Send Lapierre down? thats not exactly fair to him, he hasn't been playing poorly (despite the opinions of some people here). Trade Danedenault? that would be my solution, but from Gainey's/Carbo's comments it seems like Dandy is not going anywhere.
Move Lappy to the wing.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:14 PM
  #21
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Really smart with his stick and his positionning. Habs need a player like him in the organisation, he's the only one I can see becoming a top checking line center. I'd keep him around the team this year personally, we'll see what Carbo thinks.

Little Nilan is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:25 PM
  #22
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
His play in this one period has been better than any montage of Lapierre's "best plays of the preseason" you can come up with.
What happened to his 3rd line center spot, son?

BigTimer* is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:27 PM
  #23
Sparepart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Move Lappy to the wing.
Yeah, but it still does not solve the numbers problem on the team. Roster limit is 23... Chipchura is #24

Who do the habs move to make room for him? unless you assume the habs will always have a player on the injured-list (which would give Kyle a spot).

46-14-27
13-11-21
84-20-74
6-40-32
25-22

79-8
44-3
51-26
71

31
41

= 23 players

Sparepart is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:38 PM
  #24
jsol
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Yeah, but it still does not solve the numbers problem on the team. Roster limit is 23... Chipchura is #24

Who do the habs move to make room for him? unless you assume the habs will always have a player on the injured-list (which would give Kyle a spot). ......

the easy solution in my opinion ...
dandenault has to go.

jsol is offline  
Old
09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
  #25
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,371
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Yeah, but it still does not solve the numbers problem on the team. Roster limit is 23... Chipchura is #24

Who do the habs move to make room for him? unless you assume the habs will always have a player on the injured-list (which would give Kyle a spot).

46-14-27
13-11-21
84-20-74
6-40-32
25-22

79-8
44-3
51-26
71

31
41

= 23 players
IMO Kostopoulos could be the one moved. Hear me out...

For a few reasons:

- He played a solid role for us last year, so his value could be decent for a 4th liner.

- The arrival of Laraque makes him not nearly as needed from a physical/toughness standpoint.

- It's hard to imagine Laraque not playing at least 50 games and they both are mainly RW's.

- It would be a typical ''out of nowhere'' surprising move from Gainey. Also, Gainey may feel bad that a player who signed here as a UFA may not get as much ice time this year and could find a better situation playing time wise for him.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.