Notices

Former Ducks Discussion

Old
09-28-2008, 02:51 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 500
Former Ducks Discussion

I thought it might be good to have a thread about the status and wherabouts of ex-Ducks. Both as news, and just to discuss.

1) Old: Konopka and Bochenski placed on waivers. Not unexpected with the million forwards TB has. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=555200 Although someone is saying they won't actually be waived until Monday? I still kind of wish we had Konopka, but it wasn't a big loss or anything. He seems like a nice psycho who could be an agitator with the protection of our enforcers.

2) Also old: Shannon among 1st cuts. Anybody surprised?

3) Dustin Penner story by Canadian press. http://tsn.ca/story/?id=250670 Looks like he's being moved to the 2nd/3rd line (3rd line in terms of offensive skill, but probably going to be the 2nd line in terms of getting the most and hardest ES minutes). Looks like they're now realizing that he's "more of a mucker" and "a complimentary player." It's not like we've ever mentioned it or anything. Mildly amused about them comparing Moreau and Pisani to Perry and Getzlaf, even if it is sort of correct stylistically.

4) Schneider has 1st practice. http://thrashersprospectsannex.blogs...hotos-and.html Anyone think he should get powder blue teeth to match?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Randall Graves*

I'm really shocked Konopka can't manage to stick with someone I always liked him and I don't know why we gave him away because he played well when he got the chance.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM
12 oz Papa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
I'm really shocked Konopka can't manage to stick with someone I always liked him and I don't know why we gave him away because he played well when he got the chance.
We got rid of him because he had an attitude problem or something, didn't we?

12 oz Papa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Michael Scofield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevat View Post
We got rid of him because he had an attitude problem or something, didn't we?
thats what i heard, apparently he was descibed a lazy player off and on ice

i always liked him though

Michael Scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I don't remember anything about his work ethic or anything like that. Any chance someone could dig something up?

I remember Columbus fans were mixed on him. Some liked his intensity, others thought his penalties made him a liability.

Digging up some old threads, there was that time he signed a contract in Russia. I'd actually forgotten about that. I'm sure that didn't endear him to Burke, and was a big part of why he didn't get a sniff with the Ducks in 06-07 after playing 23 games in 05-06. That's probably why he'd never get a spot with us.

Here's where one member asked Burke about him in the SOF, Burke said that he wouldn't be able to play in our system: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=7838613

Old
10-06-2008, 10:21 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Shane-o moved to Vancouver. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2518...=headlines_nhl

He supposedly have a pretty poor preseason. And regular season, with those 2 games (well 1, he was healthy scratched).

That's a pretty poor return for him, I'm rather not impressed with Krajicek. Although Canucks fans seem to think he's gold based on past trade proposals (he's going to break out this year, I promise! Krajicek for ____'s top prospect!).

Now Coleman sucked, but it looks like we got a good trade there. And choosing Huskins over O'Brien? Seems like it's worked out better than I predicted.

On the other hand, he seemed to do alright (not good, but alright) last year. Why did they give up on him for just a bad preseason? I'm wondering if something else happened.

Old
10-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Shane-o moved to Vancouver. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2518...=headlines_nhl

He supposedly have a pretty poor preseason. And regular season, with those 2 games (well 1, he was healthy scratched).

That's a pretty poor return for him, I'm rather not impressed with Krajicek. Although Canucks fans seem to think he's gold based on past trade proposals (he's going to break out this year, I promise! Krajicek for ____'s top prospect!).

Now Coleman sucked, but it looks like we got a good trade there. And choosing Huskins over O'Brien? Seems like it's worked out better than I predicted.

On the other hand, he seemed to do alright (not good, but alright) last year. Why did they give up on him for just a bad preseason? I'm wondering if something else happened.
I think O'Brien would have done just as good as Huskins in Anaheim and added the extra benefit of toughness. Either way good luck to Shane too bad he's not still with the team.

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 11:34 PM
TheJoeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post

I'm convinced Tampa wants to turn over that entire roster with the exception of Lecavalier. Seriously beside him and St. Louis who is still there from their opening roster last season? Hell their ending roster?

I think this is good news for Shane, he'll get a great chance in Vancouver. Sucks that he's been traded twice already but he's going to a better situation. I don't care how many moves Tampa made, they'll still be bad this year.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I think Tampa bay's roster is awful. I don't really get the supposed "resurgence". That team is going to suck the brass off a doorknob.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:59 AM
Giguere27

From a good source in Tampa, Shane had problems with Melrose. In addition, he almost never used his body to play the physical hockey,which he showed in Anaheim.Instead he tried to be an offensive defender,but he has not the skills for it. My source told me it's comperable to beauchemins development.

Giguere27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 10:25 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahahahahhaha View Post
I think Tampa bay's roster is awful. I don't really get the supposed "resurgence". That team is going to suck the brass off a doorknob.
I have the same feeling about Tampa too, I am not sold on their defense and goaltending.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Tfighter

Since this is a ex-Ducks thread, i just wanna say i wished the team still had Curtis Glencross. His speed and forechecking ability would of been a great fit here. Looking back, I still dont understand why Burke traded away Glencross+Konopka for Hartigan+Motzko.

Tfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 02:30 AM
MOENing

Shane I really like him being on the team who did we get back in that trade?

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Gerald "don't call me Gary" Coleman and a pick we used on...MacMillan I guess.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 02:59 AM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahahahahhaha View Post
Gerald "don't call me Gary" Coleman and a pick we used on...MacMillan I guess.
I haven't seen much of either. I think I would still be happier with O'brien on the team.
OT:I just look up preseason stats Ryan Getzlaf Second in points. First Andy Mac

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

And to be fair, we traded a 3rd with Shane to get that 1st. Meaning that he was worth roughly a high 2nd.

Old
10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Pepper

Smid didn't even make it to Oilers playing roster, he was passed by, get this, Jason frigging Strudwick.

Pronger trade keeps looking better and better.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:28 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Bertuzzi with 2 goals tonight.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:11 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

So that Schneider trade is looking good for both teams. We're paying 600k for another team's player, and Atlanta has an impressive -10 in 10 games player.

Bertuzzi has 6 goals and 0 assists. Nice balanced player. Lupul has 5 goals and 1 assist. On the other side of the coin, McDonald has 1 goal and 10 assists. Although Lupul and McDonald are expected to do better in those particular stats, unlike Bertuzzi.

Old
11-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Pepper

Penner is 2+0 in 9 games.

On pace for 18 or so goals (and points) and appears in just about every Oilers trade proposal along with Schremp and Roloson.

Old
11-01-2008, 11:33 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

He's only being offered because 4.25 million dollar 3rd line players are bargains and worth a lot as trade chips.

edit: forgot to mention that he's the 15th best power forward in the league.

Last edited by snarktacular: 11-01-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old
11-01-2008, 02:09 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Any word on Steve Rucchin? I was wondering about him, after playing NHL98 here the other day, and I seem to recall him suffering from a concussion last season. Is he still hurt or just retired?

I always liked Rooch, one of my favorite Ducks. Just looks like he hasn't been able to do much (stats wise) since he left Anaheim.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Pepper

Rucchin's career was pretty much over the point he took a deflected Selanne slapshot to the face.

Too bad, a great teamplayer well liked by everyone.

Old
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Carney retires. He was a trooper. Our franchise's best Dman until Niedermayer came along.
http://www.pawtuckettimes.com/content/view/56073/33/

Old
11-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Answer: $4.25 million healthy scratch.

Question: What has Dustin Penner grown into since leaving Anaheim.

Also, if Rooch ever got healthy/is still playing, I'd love to see him get a TC contract or whatever and have a shot at makin the team.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote