HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKNW: Delorme stays; Dean and Marois fired

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
  #126
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 19,354
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
No idea how to think about this decisions.

If Delorme is going to be more of a manager of the scouts it might be fine. If he'll continue to do active scouting then well not sure I agree with it at all.
I wouldn't be surprised is he is being "promoted" out of the way of the actual scouts. Like Smyl was retained but out of the way.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
  #127
Balls Mahoney
wants more Sesito
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +44 1252 230 607
Country: United States
Posts: 12,807
vCash: 500
I really don't get the Delmore hate. I won't deny the Canucks drafting has been horribly inconsistent and I think we totally ****ed the up on Bourbon, White, and Ellington. However, the Canucks have drafted relatively well over the last couple of years in my opinion. I think we have one of the highest drafted players to make the NHL count in the league. Granted we've haven't nabbed a superstar and there's been some just colossial failures but overall we do turn out a lot of good players. I think a lot of our problems in the past have been with developing the players and incompetence within management which Gillis has addressed directly in his short time here. I really think we as fans don't have enough information on what Delmore does or his job performance to be as hardcore anti him as we are. Also in this hatred you all seem to assume that there's someone available to work for this team who would do a better job than Delmore. Quite frankly, I'm thrilled that Gillis has cleaned house as much as he has and I think he's done a stellar job so far. And I'm also thrilled with our most recent draft (Hodgson and Sauve are going to be excellent in the NHL and Rai has a chance in my opinion) and I'm willing to give it some time to see how Delmore works in the Gillis administration.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
  #128
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind
 
RTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayAsALion View Post
I really don't get the Delmore hate. I won't deny the Canucks drafting has been horribly inconsistent and I think we totally ****ed the up on Bourbon, White, and Ellington. However, the Canucks have drafted relatively well over the last couple of years in my opinion. I think we have one of the highest drafted players to make the NHL count in the league. Granted we've haven't nabbed a superstar and there's been some just colossial failures but overall we do turn out a lot of good players. I think a lot of our problems in the past have been with developing the players and incompetence within management which Gillis has addressed directly in his short time here. I really think we as fans don't have enough information on what Delmore does or his job performance to be as hardcore anti him as we are. Also in this hatred you all seem to assume that there's someone available to work for this team who would do a better job than Delmore. Quite frankly, I'm thrilled that Gillis has cleaned house as much as he has and I think he's done a stellar job so far. And I'm also thrilled with our most recent draft (Hodgson and Sauve are going to be excellent in the NHL and Rai has a chance in my opinion) and I'm willing to give it some time to see how Delmore works in the Gillis administration.

True, but Hodgson and Sauve were most likely Gillis' picks. We'll see how the middle round picks work out.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 04:38 AM
  #129
AgentNaslund*
 
AgentNaslund*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanker View Post
True, but Hodgson and Sauve were most likely Gillis' picks. We'll see how the middle round picks work out.
Sauve fit the typical Delorme requirement type.

Every year the Canucks top 2 picks have to be one defencemen, one foward.

Sauve, Ellington, Rahimi, their scouting report is all so similar.

They are tough.
STAY AT HOME DEFENCEMENS.
Limited to no offence.

Gaurnateed next year, our 2nd rounder is another stay at home defencsive type.

Hodgson was a given. Any fan would have taken him.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
  #130
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind
 
RTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
Sauve fit the typical Delorme requirement type.

Every year the Canucks top 2 picks have to be one defencemen, one foward.

Sauve, Ellington, Rahimi, their scouting report is all so similar.

They are tough.
STAY AT HOME DEFENCEMENS.
Limited to no offence.

Gaurnateed next year, our 2nd rounder is another stay at home defencsive type.

Hodgson was a given. Any fan would have taken him.

I agree that any smart fan would have taken Hodgson, but a lot wanted Beach. Chicago will be trying to trade Beach in 3 years. I think that's their plan: develop him and get something for him, since he was the best left on the board, top 3 talent.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
  #131
manawaki
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanker View Post
I agree that any smart fan would have taken Hodgson, but a lot wanted Beach. Chicago will be trying to trade Beach in 3 years. I think that's their plan: develop him and get something for him, since he was the best left on the board, top 3 talent.
I still would have rather had Beach over Hogdson

manawaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 02:19 PM
  #132
AgentNaslund*
 
AgentNaslund*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manawaki View Post
I still would have rather had Beach over Hogdson
pls explain more. Why Beach over Hodgson?

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.