HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexi Yemelin

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2004, 04:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Alexi Yemelin

Is our pick at 84th, nice! A physical defensive defensemen.

Old
06-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Slick Nick

So what can you tell about him? I only found some stats ona russian site.. dosen't tell much.

for those who're interested click on Емелин Алексей at http://hockey.penza.net/transfer.asp...137&Language=r

you can figure about his stats...

Old
06-26-2004, 08:52 PM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Well, the ISS report on Yemelin was not that promising. He sounds like Rivet-type of defenceman , but smaller and perhaps a little dirtier [180 PM in 52 games]:

A solid but unspectacular puck-moving defenseman out of Russia. Can make a crisp first pass out of the zone but he won't be wowing anyone with offensive flair. Size and positioning make him an effective defensive d-man but he'll need some work on his puckhandling and some maturity with the puck to be a real contributor in the NHL. Despite his lack of ideal size he should develop into a top-two-pairing stay-at-h0omer who can contribute offensively. Has a hard low shot and usually on net. Not a gamble this late for the club willing to be patient in order to see if he can blossom into a player.

Old
06-26-2004, 09:12 PM
G Man 77

They said on TV, forget whether it was RDS, TSN , Sportsnet... that he was a Kaspiraitis-type defender.

Not big.. but plays like a bulldog, which explains the PIMs.

Savard actually went after Kaspiraitis a few yeas back at the deadline... but PIT ended up sending him to COL instead.

So in that sense, not a surprise to see AS go after his clone this time around.

Old
06-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Traitor8

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3834

Old
06-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Howie Morenz

Will we have 3 Russian D starting in the future(Markov,Korneev,Yemelin)? Stay tuned.....

Old
06-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Traitor8

I really liked the habs draft day today.

We fill a huge need in size at centre by getting Kyle Chipchura and Radek Bonk.
Then we turn our attention to a defenseman who plays physical.

Old
06-26-2004, 11:20 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I never saw him play but here's some tidbits from what McKeen's think of him (I'm not posting it all):

Quote:
Caught our eye earlier this year and did not disappoint this time around .. the realiable rearguard is a calming influence when he’s on the ice, but did not play enough to stand out on a team playing a highly systematic style

Says our Russian scout: "He excels in his own zone, playing positionally solid hockey. Emelin is very strong, with a physical edge. He, however, doesn't hesitate to join in on the offense, but he's not the puck handling-type, as he's not sufficiently creative to handle those duties. His puck skills are solid enough to make a crisp first pass out of the zone. I also love his point shot - it is hard, low and accurate. All-around skating is above-average. Emelin is a very sure-handed player with a good aura about him and impressive understanding of the game. His stock is on the rise, big time."

Old
06-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Mike8

Great pick! I had him 62nd on my list so I'm pleased Montreal got him when they did.

While Yemelin isn't that big, he's got tremendous balance and real good lower body strength.

Here's hoping Montreal goes after Megalinsky, another Russian defenseman tomorrow. He's absolutely massive and even meaner than Yemelin.

Old
06-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
As much as I blasted the Habs for the Chipchura pick, I love this one. I have all kinds of faith in our Russian scout(s) and hopefully he(they) found us another good one.

Now, let's get Wes O'Neill tomorrow at 100th overall !

Old
06-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Habsology

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Is our pick at 84th, nice! A physical defensive defensemen.
I think they read your last thread on Yemelin. LOL!!! Or maybe you have a powerfull wish machine. LOL!!! Nice to have you has an hab fan Montreal.

Seriously, With wich player do you compare Yemelin?

Old
06-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Traitor8

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N40DE2000.html

Timmins says he is comparable to Darius Kasparaitis.
He also adds he is solid 1 on 1 and he is a player that opponents hate to play against.

Old
06-27-2004, 02:33 AM
velimiiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N40DE2000.html

Timmins says he is comparable to Darius Kasparaitis.
He also adds he is solid 1 on 1 and he is a player that opponents hate to play against.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

I really feel happy with what we've done in this draft so far.

Chipchura is a heart and soul player, with SKILLS and who is PHYSICAL & BIG!!! oh and canadian :p

Old
06-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Marksman

Russian version of Beauchemin?

Old
06-27-2004, 07:05 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsology
I think they read your last thread on Yemelin. LOL!!! Or maybe you have a powerfull wish machine. LOL!!! Nice to have you has an hab fan Montreal.

Seriously, With wich player do you compare Yemelin?

I can't compare him with any players as I've only read about him. I had heard he was solid at the U-18's on the 3rd pairing (he did fill in on the top pairing at the 5 Nations tournament when Lyamin was injured) which got me interested in him to start. Then I talked to Russianprospects editor about some of the Russians. I liked what they had to say about him. Hopefully he will get some time in with Lada next year, who seem to be a team that will use their younger players. A trip to the U-20's would be good to see as well if he can make the team, but he just turned 18, so he'll have '06 as well to make the team.

Closed Thread