HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens Vs Florida Panthers 7:00PM

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Is anyone else annoyed at TSN bashing Price in their video clip of the game highlights? They are spreading propaganda and think that his glove is terribly weak, when he clearly was screened for the second goal and saw the puck just moments before it went in net. Then the rest of the night his glove was saving us goals.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Is anyone else annoyed at TSN bashing Price in their video clip of the game highlights? They are spreading propaganda and think that his glove is terribly weak, when he clearly was screened for the second goal and saw the puck just moments before it went in net. Then the rest of the night his glove was saving us goals.
I too found that very annoying.
even at the end when he saved horton with the glove. they sounded surprised.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Carey Chant

vCash: 800
Quote:
Man oh man, I was just thinking the same thing. What the hell is up with that. After seeing the goals, Price's glove hand was fine, they were laser shots and he was screened on one of them. I think they would have went in on a lot of goalies. That glove save on Horton on the end proved his glove is working.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
The boys and girls at TSN and Sportsnet are in for a LONG year...they love to blab about the leafs, and love to bash the Habs...

Old
09-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Actually.....and I might be way too optimistic about TSN, that's not the read I had about those highlights. Seemed that the guy, wanted to make people believe that he's still struggling, but then showing those 2 glove saves after was to say, well he might not be that weak after all.....

Still we all know it's not his strongest asset. But if he's working on it, well that could only be better for us.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
I were at the game and the two goals has been 2 weaks goals by Price. He would have be able to save them. He made really good save after this, but the two goals on the glove side were so so.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Trexim

vCash: 594
Quote:
Wouldn't that play to Price's advantage if he's not really weak on the glove side? Let the shooters have that false information.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Sharp Skates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
I were at the game and the two goals has been 2 weaks goals by Price. He would have be able to save them. He made really good save after this, but the two goals on the glove side were so so.
Yes on the first goal, no on the second. No. He was screened and it went inner-post.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Who picked the 3 stars last night and how was Price snubbed?
36 saves
+4 penalty shots/shootout attempts
only 2 goals allowed?

Old
09-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Skates View Post
Yes on the first goal, no on the second. No. He was screened and it went inner-post.
Actually, the first goal is more a problem of his position than his glove. Of course, if the kid has an extremely fast hand, he could have a chance to make that save. But a shot that goes past your glove hand and ends up in the middle of the net makes me believes that if he's positioned well, we're not talking about his glove 'cause he would've made the save with his body instead. On the replay, you could cleary see that he's giving way too much room glove side.

Old
09-29-2008, 12:12 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually, the first goal is more a problem of his position than his glove. Of course, if the kid has an extremely fast hand, he could have a chance to make that save. But a shot that goes past your glove hand and ends up in the middle of the net makes me believes that if he's positioned well, we're not talking about his glove 'cause he would've made the save with his body instead. On the replay, you could cleary see that he's giving way too much room glove side.
Yup, first goal was atrocious positioning (understandably rusty in his second game) and the Horton shot was well placed, was in very close and Price was screened.

Old
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
36 saves
only 2 goals allowed?
1- Andrei Kostitsyn
2- Nathan Horton
3- Yannick Webber

Old
09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
1- Andrei Kostitsyn
2- Nathan Horton
3- Yannick Webber
yes, we know those were the stars but who selected those 3?

Old
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
yes, we know those were the stars but who selected those 3?

Old
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
buddahsmoka1

Has anyone ever noticed how mad/pissed Price gets after letting in a goal? I think he gets a little too worked up sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the guy is as cool as a cucumber during the game, but I can't help but think that he needs to work on his reaction to goals. Probably something he will learn as he gets older.

Old
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Has anyone ever noticed how mad/pissed Price gets after letting in a goal? I think he gets a little too worked up sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the guy is as cool as a cucumber during the game, but I can't help but think that he needs to work on his reaction to goals. Probably something he will learn as he gets older.
yeah, he kind shrugged his shoulders after the 2nd goal like he had no idea what was coming. I like guys like Dryden because he would never show the other team if he was rattled. He would go into his tall stance and pretend that nothing happened. The opposition observes these signals that a goalie gives off, you just dont want to give them extra ammuniton or adreniline by giving signals that you're rattled, at least thats what I think.

OTOH, very few goalies sagged and and showed more disapointment after a goal like patrick roy, and he turned out to have a not bad career ..... so a point can be made about that... but i prefer the dryden way.

Old
09-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
yeah, he kind shrugged his shoulders after the 2nd goal like he had no idea what was coming. I like guys like Dryden because he would never show the other team if he was rattled. He would go into his tall stance and pretend that nothing happened. The opposition observes these signals that a goalie gives off, you just dont want to give them extra ammuniton or adreniline by giving signals that you're rattled, at least thats what I think.

OTOH, very few goalies sagged and and showed more disapointment after a goal like patrick roy, and he turned out to have a not bad career ..... so a point can be made about that... but i prefer the dryden way.

weird...i thought last year his trademark was not showing emotion at any point in the game?

Old
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

And then there's Tim Thomas, the ultra lord of disappointment demonstration, waves his arms in the air, shakes it like he just doesn't care, and throws hissy fits all over the ice. He...well...is in the NHL right?

Old
09-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Joey

Quote:

Old
09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
weird...i thought last year his trademark was not showing emotion at any point in the game?
Yeah, but he HATES getting scored on. Sometimes he can't control it I guess. I recall him slamming and breaking his stick after someone scored on him in practice.

Old
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yeah, but he HATES getting scored on. Sometimes he can't control it I guess. I recall him slamming and breaking his stick after someone scored on him in practice.
Well if he does it at practice then that means he's really just mad at himself for not making a save he clearly thinks he's capable of making. That is very good

Old
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
36 saves
only 2 goals allowed?
1 crappy goal and 1 so so goal justified the "snub"

Old
09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
1 crappy goal and 1 so so goal justified the "snub"
So the 36 other shots that he stopped including one on Horton late in the 3rd and one in OT dont count?

Oh, and lets not forget, stopping a penalty shot in the 2nd period and 3 more in the shootout.

Not only did he stop them, he made them look easy.

He definatly deserved a star last night.

Old
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I think the ability to be clutch is what separates good goalies from great goalies.

I watched a few Roy games on NHL network, he did give up a few weak goals. However, in those same games, when the team needed that save to have any chance of winning, he makes it.

I'm not going to compare Price to Roy, but Price may give up a couple of susceptible goals, but for some crazy reason I just know, more likely than not, he'll make that save that gives us a chance to win and keeps you in the game.

Old
09-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Remax

Does anyone have the fight videos from this game?

Closed Thread