HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens Vs Florida Panthers 7:00PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2008, 10:05 AM
  #401
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Is anyone else annoyed at TSN bashing Price in their video clip of the game highlights? They are spreading propaganda and think that his glove is terribly weak, when he clearly was screened for the second goal and saw the puck just moments before it went in net. Then the rest of the night his glove was saving us goals.

Next Best Thing* is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
  #402
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,857
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Is anyone else annoyed at TSN bashing Price in their video clip of the game highlights? They are spreading propaganda and think that his glove is terribly weak, when he clearly was screened for the second goal and saw the puck just moments before it went in net. Then the rest of the night his glove was saving us goals.
I too found that very annoying.
even at the end when he saved horton with the glove. they sounded surprised.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
  #403
Carey Chant
Registered User
 
Carey Chant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Is anyone else annoyed at TSN bashing Price in their video clip of the game highlights? They are spreading propaganda and think that his glove is terribly weak, when he clearly was screened for the second goal and saw the puck just moments before it went in net. Then the rest of the night his glove was saving us goals.
Man oh man, I was just thinking the same thing. What the hell is up with that. After seeing the goals, Price's glove hand was fine, they were laser shots and he was screened on one of them. I think they would have went in on a lot of goalies. That glove save on Horton on the end proved his glove is working.

Carey Chant is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
  #404
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I too found that very annoying.
even at the end when he saved horton with the glove. they sounded surprised.
The boys and girls at TSN and Sportsnet are in for a LONG year...they love to blab about the leafs, and love to bash the Habs...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:19 AM
  #405
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,343
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I too found that very annoying.
even at the end when he saved horton with the glove. they sounded surprised.
Actually.....and I might be way too optimistic about TSN, that's not the read I had about those highlights. Seemed that the guy, wanted to make people believe that he's still struggling, but then showing those 2 glove saves after was to say, well he might not be that weak after all.....

Still we all know it's not his strongest asset. But if he's working on it, well that could only be better for us.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:21 AM
  #406
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Is anyone else annoyed at TSN bashing Price in their video clip of the game highlights? They are spreading propaganda and think that his glove is terribly weak, when he clearly was screened for the second goal and saw the puck just moments before it went in net. Then the rest of the night his glove was saving us goals.
I were at the game and the two goals has been 2 weaks goals by Price. He would have be able to save them. He made really good save after this, but the two goals on the glove side were so so.

Talent Analyst is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:32 AM
  #407
Trexim
Registered User
 
Trexim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 599
vCash: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Is anyone else annoyed at TSN bashing Price in their video clip of the game highlights? They are spreading propaganda and think that his glove is terribly weak, when he clearly was screened for the second goal and saw the puck just moments before it went in net. Then the rest of the night his glove was saving us goals.
Wouldn't that play to Price's advantage if he's not really weak on the glove side? Let the shooters have that false information.

Trexim is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
  #408
Sharp Skates
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 780
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
I were at the game and the two goals has been 2 weaks goals by Price. He would have be able to save them. He made really good save after this, but the two goals on the glove side were so so.
Yes on the first goal, no on the second. No. He was screened and it went inner-post.

Sharp Skates is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
  #409
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Who picked the 3 stars last night and how was Price snubbed?
36 saves
+4 penalty shots/shootout attempts
only 2 goals allowed?

JMMR is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 10:52 AM
  #410
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,343
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Skates View Post
Yes on the first goal, no on the second. No. He was screened and it went inner-post.
Actually, the first goal is more a problem of his position than his glove. Of course, if the kid has an extremely fast hand, he could have a chance to make that save. But a shot that goes past your glove hand and ends up in the middle of the net makes me believes that if he's positioned well, we're not talking about his glove 'cause he would've made the save with his body instead. On the replay, you could cleary see that he's giving way too much room glove side.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 12:12 PM
  #411
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,029
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually, the first goal is more a problem of his position than his glove. Of course, if the kid has an extremely fast hand, he could have a chance to make that save. But a shot that goes past your glove hand and ends up in the middle of the net makes me believes that if he's positioned well, we're not talking about his glove 'cause he would've made the save with his body instead. On the replay, you could cleary see that he's giving way too much room glove side.
Yup, first goal was atrocious positioning (understandably rusty in his second game) and the Horton shot was well placed, was in very close and Price was screened.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
  #412
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Who picked the 3 stars last night and how was Price snubbed?
36 saves
+4 penalty shots/shootout attempts
only 2 goals allowed?
1- Andrei Kostitsyn
2- Nathan Horton
3- Yannick Webber

Talent Analyst is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
  #413
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,857
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
1- Andrei Kostitsyn
2- Nathan Horton
3- Yannick Webber
yes, we know those were the stars but who selected those 3?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  #414
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
yes, we know those were the stars but who selected those 3?

Talent Analyst is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
  #415
buddahsmoka1
Registered User
 
buddahsmoka1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: México, D.F.
Country: Mexico
Posts: 24,933
vCash: 500
Has anyone ever noticed how mad/pissed Price gets after letting in a goal? I think he gets a little too worked up sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the guy is as cool as a cucumber during the game, but I can't help but think that he needs to work on his reaction to goals. Probably something he will learn as he gets older.

buddahsmoka1 is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
  #416
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Has anyone ever noticed how mad/pissed Price gets after letting in a goal? I think he gets a little too worked up sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the guy is as cool as a cucumber during the game, but I can't help but think that he needs to work on his reaction to goals. Probably something he will learn as he gets older.
yeah, he kind shrugged his shoulders after the 2nd goal like he had no idea what was coming. I like guys like Dryden because he would never show the other team if he was rattled. He would go into his tall stance and pretend that nothing happened. The opposition observes these signals that a goalie gives off, you just dont want to give them extra ammuniton or adreniline by giving signals that you're rattled, at least thats what I think.

OTOH, very few goalies sagged and and showed more disapointment after a goal like patrick roy, and he turned out to have a not bad career ..... so a point can be made about that... but i prefer the dryden way.

Hackett is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:04 PM
  #417
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
yeah, he kind shrugged his shoulders after the 2nd goal like he had no idea what was coming. I like guys like Dryden because he would never show the other team if he was rattled. He would go into his tall stance and pretend that nothing happened. The opposition observes these signals that a goalie gives off, you just dont want to give them extra ammuniton or adreniline by giving signals that you're rattled, at least thats what I think.

OTOH, very few goalies sagged and and showed more disapointment after a goal like patrick roy, and he turned out to have a not bad career ..... so a point can be made about that... but i prefer the dryden way.

weird...i thought last year his trademark was not showing emotion at any point in the game?

Joey is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
  #418
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
yeah, he kind shrugged his shoulders after the 2nd goal like he had no idea what was coming. I like guys like Dryden because he would never show the other team if he was rattled. He would go into his tall stance and pretend that nothing happened. The opposition observes these signals that a goalie gives off, you just dont want to give them extra ammuniton or adreniline by giving signals that you're rattled, at least thats what I think.

OTOH, very few goalies sagged and and showed more disapointment after a goal like patrick roy, and he turned out to have a not bad career ..... so a point can be made about that... but i prefer the dryden way.
And then there's Tim Thomas, the ultra lord of disappointment demonstration, waves his arms in the air, shakes it like he just doesn't care, and throws hissy fits all over the ice. He...well...is in the NHL right?

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:06 PM
  #419
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post

Joey is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
  #420
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
weird...i thought last year his trademark was not showing emotion at any point in the game?
Yeah, but he HATES getting scored on. Sometimes he can't control it I guess. I recall him slamming and breaking his stick after someone scored on him in practice.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
  #421
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yeah, but he HATES getting scored on. Sometimes he can't control it I guess. I recall him slamming and breaking his stick after someone scored on him in practice.
Well if he does it at practice then that means he's really just mad at himself for not making a save he clearly thinks he's capable of making. That is very good

Joey is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
  #422
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Who picked the 3 stars last night and how was Price snubbed?
36 saves
+4 penalty shots/shootout attempts
only 2 goals allowed?
1 crappy goal and 1 so so goal justified the "snub"

znk is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
  #423
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,857
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
1 crappy goal and 1 so so goal justified the "snub"
So the 36 other shots that he stopped including one on Horton late in the 3rd and one in OT dont count?

Oh, and lets not forget, stopping a penalty shot in the 2nd period and 3 more in the shootout.

Not only did he stop them, he made them look easy.

He definatly deserved a star last night.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
  #424
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,741
vCash: 500
I think the ability to be clutch is what separates good goalies from great goalies.

I watched a few Roy games on NHL network, he did give up a few weak goals. However, in those same games, when the team needed that save to have any chance of winning, he makes it.

I'm not going to compare Price to Roy, but Price may give up a couple of susceptible goals, but for some crazy reason I just know, more likely than not, he'll make that save that gives us a chance to win and keeps you in the game.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
09-29-2008, 09:18 PM
  #425
Remax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Does anyone have the fight videos from this game?

Remax is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.