HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preseason: Nashville vs. Columbus, 9/27/08 ‎

Old
09-27-2008, 01:01 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Preseason: Nashville vs. Columbus, 9/27/08 ‎

vs

7pm, Sommet Center

104.5 FM

Last game of 3 in 3 nights.

Dropped last night @ CBJ 3-4. Suter, Erat had 2 pts each. CBJ (according to their gdt) had nearly a full lineup, while we were without entire first line, Hamhuis, and a few others. Recap

Tonights game is a School Supply Drive (benefits Bridges Academy)...you know pens, pencils, notebooks...all that good stuff for kids!

Quote:
Injuries: Captain Jason Arnott (groin) practiced Friday and said he expects to play Saturday. Forward Jerred Smithson (muscle pull) also practiced Friday and hopes to play Saturday.
Also, Brandon Buck, on an amateur tryout agreement, was released to his junior team.
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...083/0/SPORTS02

Last edited by sparkle twin: 09-27-2008 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Buck sent back to juniors
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
tristazmista

LINE UPS:
Blue Jackets

Chimera-Malhotra-Pineault
MacDonald-Umberger-Mayorov
York-Novotny-Boll
Dorsett-MacKenzie-Picard

Matvichuk-Rome
Tollefsen-Clitsome
Holden-Methot

Norrena
LaCosta

Predators

Forwards: Martin Erat, J.P Dumont, Jason Arnott, Scott Nichol, Jordin Tootoo, Josh Gratton, Triston Grant, Antti Pihlstrom, Vernon Fiddler, Radek Bonk, Jerred Smithson, Patric Homqvist.

Defensemen: Dan Hamhuis, Greg Zanon, Shea Weber, Kevin Klein, Ryan Suter, Cody Franson.

Goaltenders: Pekka Rinne, Dan Ellis.

tristazmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Hornqvist with his first goal of the preseason...on the PP from Suter and Weber. I hope this is the first of many sequences!!!

09-27-2008, 08:02 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
so far, so good.

Sounded like a really good bout between Grant and Nasty.

"Petey, you are making me hungry, I keep hearing you say Mcdonald to Umberger, yummm..."

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
so far, so good.

Sounded like a really good bout between Grant and Nasty.

"Petey, you are making me hungry, I keep hearing you say Mcdonald to Umberger, yummm..."

lol

That is a great quote

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Another goal for a young guys. Pihlstrom picks one up from Bonk.

Old
09-27-2008, 09:27 PM
jstreet

nice to see Hornqvist on the score sheet!

Old
09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Just got back, left after the second though(baby issues) but it was good, Rinne impressed me more then Ellis. Zanon had a few nice blocks too.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Finnpin

Pihlström with goal and 5 hits

How has he been in the camp and what do you guys think of him getting in the team?

I'm sure Pihlström doesn't like to have another AHL season when he clearly would get a NHL spot in other team (buzz in world champs) if it's not going to happend with Nashville.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 01:44 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Good first period. Pathetic second period. Good third period.

I say Grant and Gratton won their fights. Gratton easily, Grant I give the edge to since I think he landed more.

Pihlstrom's goal was funny. He just stood next to the goalie, the puck came to him and when the goalie moved Pihlstrom just tucked the puck under his pads very nonchalantly.

Weber says thanks Boll for being stupid and taking such an obvious elbowing penalty for Weber to score on.

I give their goalie credit on the 5 on 3 we had. We fired at least 3 good shots on goal and he made some good saves. Our PP there looked decent, we passed and took shots on goal, got the rebounds. Overall the PP had flashes of good. Webers shot looks better than last year. PK looked strong again.

Too many penalties again in the second period. We played PK over half the period.

Erat made a great play on defense, he disrupted a pass towards the net and cleared the guy out of the crease.

Hornqvist played defense...much better than that russian guy we had one time.

I had tickets down in 104 and I thought this would be great in the second period when the Preds come down and shoot and score. How pathetic that they didn't even get ONE SHOT ON GOAL!! And only had one PP to even work with.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 09-28-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old
09-28-2008, 01:50 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Preds reassign 6

Geoff Peters, Mark Santorelli, Nick Spaling and Kelsey Wilson, Teemu Laakso to Milwaukee

Jonathon Blum to juniors

Old
09-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post

I say Grant and Gratton won their fights. Gratton easily, Grant I give the edge to since I think he landed more.
I think Gratton won, but Grant got hammered.

Old
09-28-2008, 03:44 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

- Pihlström with a big hit on the opening shift really set the tone for the night. Very chippy hockey game.

- Tootoo has become a lot harder for guys to bait into fights. I also loved the way he barreled into the boards after a botched scoring chance and caused the whole section of end boards to shake.

- Pillu had a great game. He was everywhere, flying around the ice and had some really good hits. I thought he deserved some power play time there towards the end of the game but he never got it.

- Hörnqvist looked very polished tonight. He loves that slot and I love seeing him go there. He and Dumont are going to form a really solid tandem for us this year.

- Weber looked a bit lethargic tonight, despite a solid statistical outing.

- O'Reilly was invisible for much of the night.

- Franson (I think it was Franson, might've been Hamhuis) totally blew a hip check along the left-wing boards in the first period. He lines the guy up and doesn't execute, so the guy skates right around him and gets a shot on goal. Speaking of Franson, he looked decent, but not great. I'm not sure he has the speed to play in the NHL.

- I'd say at least 80% of the game was played in the attack twice end, and I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing...

- Rinne stood zero chance on the Dorsett goal. I thought both goalies played decent but weren't really tested a whole lot (don't let the shot count fool you).

- Grant held his own with Mirasty. It looked like he got tired pretty fast, though. I'd call it a draw. Gratton, on the other hand, tore OKT a new one. (I guess you could say he TKO'd OKT. ) Both Gratton and Grant can also actually skate a regular shift, unlike Hordichuk. It'll certainly be interesting to see who Trotz picks for that 14th forward spot. I really have no preference at this point.

- I don't ever want to see Zanon lead the team in TOI again. Ever. WAY too many penalties again tonight. Some were justified (Suter's hook), others not so much (Grant's cross-check).

- Our power play looked anemic as ever, but I think having Fiddler out there centering the #1 unit was a big part of that problem. Why not put O'Reilly out there and give him the opportunity to prove himself?

- I was thoroughly disappointed with the lack of a line brawl at the end of the game.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

On Franson:

You may be right that he doesn't have the speed to compete, but I would wager it is more about his positioning than his speed (which to me looks about average for NHLers). Big guys, as the saying goes, take longer to develop. In Franson's case, I don't think it is a stretch to say that he is still learning how to play up to and with his size (late growth spurt). It may take another full year, maybe two in the AHL, but I do think he will make it in the NHL.

Old
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Soundgarden

A little Ot but did anybody else notice they still play the I like it, I love it song.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
A little Ot but did anybody else notice they still play the I like it, I love it song.
Im in the minority that actually really likes that 'tradition'

Old
09-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Its been going on for 10 years now... were you expecting something different?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
we need to start getting something a little more rock and roll and maybe personalize some goal scorer songs

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 09-29-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Yeah, we need to update, we've already updated the scoreboard last year, now we need a new song.

Old
09-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Jarnberg

I don't mind the goal song; it was custom edited for the Predators and it is different then the rest of the league. And this is coming from a guy who hates country music.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
we need to start getting something a little more rock and roll and maybe personalize some goal scorer songs
You mean like Detroit did with Robert Lang?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:29 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Good first period. Pathetic second period. Good third period.

Pihlstrom's goal was funny. He just stood next to the goalie, the puck came to him and when the goalie moved Pihlstrom just tucked the puck under his pads very nonchalantly.

Weber says thanks Boll for being stupid and taking such an obvious elbowing penalty for Weber to score on.

I give their goalie credit on the 5 on 3 we had. We fired at least 3 good shots on goal and he made some good saves. Our PP there looked decent, we passed and took shots on goal, got the rebounds. Overall the PP had flashes of good. Webers shot looks better than last year. PK looked strong again.

Too many penalties again in the second period. We played PK over half the period.

Erat made a great play on defense, he disrupted a pass towards the net and cleared the guy out of the crease.

Hornqvist played defense...much better than that russian guy we had one time.

I had tickets down in 104 and I thought this would be great in the second period when the Preds come down and shoot and score. How pathetic that they didn't even get ONE SHOT ON GOAL!! And only had one PP to even work with.
Dude i was in the same section as you! haha.

Gotta agree on the second period, way too many penalties and we were dominated for the majority of it (shots were something like 15-0 BJs as compared to us outshooting them 15-3 in the first)

Hornqvist looked real good in the offensive zone, always looking to get opened in the slot for the shot.

First time seeing Pihlstrom play, and WOW he impressed me, was buzzing around the ice all game.

The power play looked good, it was nice to nice to see Weber and Suter throwing some bombs on net.

Franson is HUGE, as soon as he can start learning to use that big body of his he'll be in good shape to make the team.

Well that's my .02 cents, thanks for reading

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote