HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chipchura

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2008, 05:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Unfortunately, there is no place in the line-up for Chipchura at the moment, the kid isnt in competition with one of our top 6 wingers, he is in competition with guys like Begin Kosto and Dandeneault, which ones are all under contract (one way).. Gainey has to get rid of at least one of them to make room for Chipchu..

Old
09-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I'm glad we'll have Kyle Chipchura around in the future to kill all the penalties that Sergei takes.

He should thanks Sergei for giving him some job to do...

Old
09-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Chipchura doesn't bring enough energy to be a 4th line center. This line has to be an energy line, and Chipchura is not mean enough for this task.
Just because it's labeled as a 4th line doesn't mean it has to be an energy line. The 4th line could be another offensive trio in which case I'd Pacioretty Maxwell and D'agostine, but it could also be a shutdown line especially since we don't technically have one. In my opinion Chipchura is a better overall player than Maxime(although I love Laps and hate to see him go down) but Chips is better than Laps in every asset of the game except speed. Chipchura also has better offensive awarness that Maxime.

I think I'd rather have my 4th a shutdown line than an energy line and if that is so, Chipchura is much more suited to that type of play then Lappiere is.

Defensive awarness: Chips>Laps
Offensive Awarness: Chips>Laps
Speed: Chips<Laps
Strength in the corners: Chips>Laps
Leadership: Chips>Laps
P.K: Chips>Laps
Faceoffs:Chips>Laps(Atleast what we saw in the preseason)

Imo Chips should be on this team, in an ideal world Lappiere would play wing and the line would be Lappiere Chipchura Laraque, but until Begin and Dandenault are gone I'd rather see Chips on the team than Lappiere.

Old
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Imo Chips should be on this team, in an ideal world Lappiere would play wing and the line would be Lappiere Chipchura Laraque, but until Begin and Dandenault are gone I'd rather see Chips on the team than Lappiere.
Laps won't be sent to Hamilton... He has to be put on waivers to go down... chipchura doesnt. Thats why this really needs to be about clearing room for Chipchura.... the ways to do this are.

Dandenault out via trade
Dandenault out via waivers (claimed ) if not send him to Hamilton.
Begin out via trade

if it comes down to keeping Lapierre on the team vs keeping Chipchura for this year... they will keep Lappy as this will mean both players remain property of the team. I don't think they are ready to ditch either of them.

Old
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Stick in pipe. Proceed to smoke.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh goodnight everybody!

Old
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Fact: Sergei Kostitsyn >>>>>>>> Kyle Chipchura and it's not even close

Stick in pipe. Proceed to smoke.

I don't know why the need to push a player down in order to try to make your beloved one look better. It's not working as most here know better and can read right through such posts. Most here can appreciate what every prospect can bring to the table.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
After whatching the Ottawa game ive came to the conclusion that many people here and in the media must hate him.
jcpenny posted this on Saturday night and further proof of what he was talking about tonight:

On La Zone, Pigface Villeneuve basically asked ''Is Kyle Chipchura still in camp only because he's a former 1st rounder?''

@#$!@$%. He's played in only two pre-season games, was very strong in the 2nd half of the first one and the best Habs forward in the 2nd one and people wonder why he's still around? At least Gerard Gagnon said Chipchura was improved compared to a year ago.

Thankfully, the list of young players Villeneuve has trashed in recent years is long and most have come out to be good ones...Andrei Kostitsyn, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Markov, Mark Streit all come to mind...

Old
09-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
jcpenny posted this on Saturday night and further proof of what he was talking about tonight:

On La Zone, Pigface Villeneuve basically asked ''Is Kyle Chipchura still in camp only because he's a former 1st rounder?''

@#$!@$%. He's played in only two pre-season games, was very strong in the 2nd half of the first one and the best Habs forward in the 2nd one and people wonder why he's still around? At least Gerard Gagnon said Chipchura was improved compared to a year ago.

Thankfully, the list of young players Villeneuve has trashed in recent years is long and most have come out to be good ones...Andrei Kostitsyn, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Markov, Mark Streit all come to mind...
Keep it coming Villeneuve, we've got yet another dandy here!

Old
09-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Corey

Quote:
He should thanks Sergei for giving him some job to do...

Is this emoticon taken from the poster's photograph? Maybe that's why it recurs despite pleas to kill it.

Last edited by Corey: 09-29-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old
09-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Move Lappy to the wing.
I agree with this. Chips is a smart solid player and I'm not sure that there's anything left for him to learn in Hamilton. I love the chipiness in Lapierre's game but he needs to work on his consistency a little bit. If we could get both of these guys going, they'd make the great foundation for a 3rd/4th line in the future. I think they'd work really well together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I never understand why peopl compare Lapierre and Chipchura, they are totally different players, fighting for the same spot, but totally different players. One is not "better" than the other, they just offer different things to the team.

Lapierre is a go into the corners, body check, talk all night to annoy the other team type of player while Chipchura has the potential to be a true shutdown center, he is very smart and has increidible hockey sense. In an ideal world, Lapierre would be playing wing on the same line as Chipchura .. thats how I see the future of these two guys.
Kind of like mini-me versions of Claude Lemieux and Guy Carbonneau.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-01-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

The Montreal media has always been known to bring down players and often, it is unjustified. Another example, on RDS, they've been critisizing O'byrne and Geoges play so far in camp. IMO the two of them have been very good so far especially OByrne who seems to be more confident. I remember few days ago Gaston Therrien saying that OByrne was having a poor camp and wasnt physical enough. As he was saying this we could see a clip of OByrne totally LAYING OUT a Panther in the last game. How's that for objectivity?

Old
09-30-2008, 12:14 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

I love Chips, but I love Laps too. Yes, Chips has had the better preseason, but lets not forget what a valuable player Laps was for us when it mattered most in the playoffs. Personally I like Laps better as a winger, and hope both are parts of out 4th line along with Laraque...

Old
09-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Jakomyte

Even if Chipchura starts in Hamilton, he'll get called up 2 games into the season when Begin gets injured. I don't see what the big deal is.

Old
09-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Fire Brunet*

Unfair?

Anyone else thinks it's unfair that Lapierre might start the season over Chipchura as the 4th liner center?

I mean BG and Carbo might hesitate to send Lapierre down because of last year and that would leave Chipchura playing in Hamilton for another season.

Old
09-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Cyrrus147

Life is unfair...just ask to Mike Ricci !

woot 2000th post !

Old
09-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Anyone else thinks it's unfair that Lapierre might start the season over Chipchura as the 4th liner center?

I mean BG and Carbo might hesitate to send Lapierre down because of last year and that would leave Chipchura playing in Hamilton for another season.
Life isn't fair MK, but if Chipchura keeps playing like he did tonight. He won't be spending much time if any down in Hamilton this year.

09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Judge Sauer*

Wouldn't Laps have to clear waivers?

Old
09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Dripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Round Pick View Post
I don't think so, but he has a one way deal now.

And to be honest, there are hundreds of guys like Lapierre in the NHL and in the AHL so maybe he would clear them

Old
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
That would make things easier

Old
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes. And Lapierre has been far from bad thus far in the preseason, and is killing penalties with gusto.
If Chipchura replaces anyone in the regular lineup, it will be Begin or Kostopoulos.

I mean, I'm a bit of a Lapierre homer, but there's nothing unfair about the situation. I don't even think they're in competition for the same roster spot.

09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
I don't think so, but he has a one way deal now.
Yea he needs to clear waiver since his contract is 1 way.

Old
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Maxpac

The best thing about Kyle Chipchura tonight for me was how concentrated he looked at face-offs, you can see that he REALLY wants to excel in that department, there was 1 shift that O'byrne got a penalty and Chipper hit the ice pretty hard with his stick to lay off some steam, for me that's awesome attitude, the team has so much depth that a player like Chipchura has to bring his full potential to the table right now or else he won't make the team, but tonight he was A+, his control of the puck continues to surprise me

Old
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Newhabfan

Let's assume that by december, we will have one forward and one defender out for some injuries - might happen. Or that some players really dissapoint a lot.

Then you will bring Chipchura/Pacioretty or Weber from Hamilton. It will make sense and you will still have the best team possible. To make room for them now you would have to waive Lapierre and/or Lats and lose them (happened before didn't it?) - or dump a Begin, Kostopoulos or Obyrne who do not deserve it.

There is always time to bring up young guys mid season - not like we will lose our playoff spot.

Old
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Just find a way to dump Dandenault, shift Lapierre to the wing and voila problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Yea he needs to clear waiver since his contract is 1 way.
1-way contract isn't the reason, 3 years of pro experience is.

Old
09-30-2008, 09:53 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

How quickly people forget how great Laps was in the playoffs. I agree with RedSkull, laps is not the player chips is competing with anyways.

Lapierre-Chipchura-Laraque/Kostopoulos is the 4th line I hope to see if things stay as is.

But I'd waive Dandenault. And then heck i think we should try to move Kostopoulos, the guy is a great 4th liner and I'm sure a bubble team that needs a player like him would take him on and give him an everyday spot. And then have Begin backing up all three spots and playing for Laraque when we go against teams without heavyweights...

Closed Thread