HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yannick Weber

Old
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Veber looks good but he wont be in Montreal this year.

Still very young. Give him time.

Its Weber by the way......

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
That was my first post of the thread and it was a joke!

Look further in the thread, I said he wants to be called Webber.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

Weber will turn out to be at least a consolation prize for allowing Streit to walk. The trouble is, by the time he's ready for the NHL, so will several other promising Dman prospects. It'll be nice to have choices, though.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 08:41 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Yannick Weber didnt get cut today!!!! I love Yannick Weber. Im going to Same-Sex-Marry-Him.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 08:59 PM
goalchenyuk

I didn't see enough of Weber and Carle to compare their game , but have the feeling that they are very similar player .

I would like to have the point of view of the fans that are following the Habs prospects , on both Carle and Weber ; what are the differences betwen their style ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 09:12 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
I didn't see enough of Weber and Carle to compare their game , but have the feeling that they are very similar player .

I would like to have the point of view of the fans that are following the Habs prospects , on both Carle and Weber ; what are the differences betwen their style ?
I feel that Carle is a little farther away from cracking an NHL roster were as I can see Weber coming in mid-season THIS YEAR. Carle can cook in the AHL this year and maybe next (although whats with his injury? how long until his return?)

I feel Carle plays a more safe game. Whereas I can see Weber jumping into the play.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 09:17 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
I feel that Carle is a little farther away from cracking an NHL roster were as I can see Weber coming in mid-season THIS YEAR. Carle can cook in the AHL this year and maybe next (although whats with his injury? how long until his return?)

I feel Carle plays a more safe game. Whereas I can see Weber jumping into the play.
what i know is that both Carl and Weber put a lot of points during their junior career . I remember that Price said when he came up of the AHL last season , that the most impressive player of the Dogs was Carl .

Old
09-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Toro

This is Carle's year for us. Either he earns an injury callup or he gets put to the back of the bus next season. Cause Weber is on the verge of passing him now not to mention all the other D that may be coming to hamilton next season..

Carle's injury was a real disappointment for him, he needed to show his stuff this preseason. Valentenko is the defensive replacement Henry is the Goon/defensive replacement and Weber is the offensive replacement at this point IMO.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli24 View Post
This kid has looked fantastic. Great skater, passer and poised with a rocket for a shot. Anyone else think he could (should) be manning the point on the PP for the Habs this season?
I was lambasted by a few of the crustier Habs HF denizens (not whitesnake btw whose opinion I respect) for daring to choose Weber higher up the ladder on the prospects list. The kid is a legit prospect that maybe does not get the recognition from fans outside the OHL

Having said that I think that Weber starts the year in the AHL with the knowledge that he has made an impression on the brass of the Habs. They will allow him to develop his D game at the minor pro level and he will be available if some kind of disaster strike the regulars

The kid is an offensive D guy as he has clearly demonstrated. He has lots of skills that will develop into a good pro career. Possibly as soon as next year as a regular.

BTW no Knights fan likes the Kitchener rangers, but you have to appreciate talent when you see it. Especially a habs draft pick!

PS: while Bogosian Doughty and Pietrangelo got the press for D, I think Weber was a perfect fit for the habs style. something folks overlook

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 09:35 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
swiss friends of mine are all saying its veber because its from German

And i'm taking german classes and the w is pronounced v in Deutsch, and Swiss is half french half german country so the appelation is coming mostly from german
being German in background I can tell you that you are right in the V pronouncing of the letter. There are name exceptions though (people and places)

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 10:05 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
This is Carle's year for us. Either he earns an injury callup or he gets put to the back of the bus next season. Cause Weber is on the verge of passing him now not to mention all the other D that may be coming to hamilton next season..

Carle's injury was a real disappointment for him, he needed to show his stuff this preseason. Valentenko is the defensive replacement Henry is the Goon/defensive replacement and Weber is the offensive replacement at this point IMO.

Geez ! how old is Carle ? 20 ? Just because Weber got few good games during the pre-season , doesn't mean at all that it's the end for Carl ...

Old
09-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Oh god. They are already starting the ''keep Weber up to start the season'' campaign on La Zone and even Dube is drinking the koolaid.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
roligugus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
being German in background I can tell you that you are right in the V pronouncing of the letter. There are name exceptions though (people and places)
Yep. Being Swiss I can also tell you that depending on the Swiss-German dialect one speaks it'll be anything from veber, vebber to vaebr, etc

Anyhoo, glad he sticks with the North-American pronunciation of I guess Webber. Otherwise, we end up with another Streit/Straight/Street discussion...

roligugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 12:04 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Oh god. They are already starting the ''keep Weber up to start the season'' campaign on La Zone and even Dube is drinking the koolaid.
why the facepalm?

Anyway he talked about it on CKAC this afternoon. Mainly when the question was "If you are Carbo who plays on the PP with Markov." He said Weber. Then he refined his statement by saying he would be usefull on the 2nd PP unit where you dont want a forward playing the point because the penalty is about to end. He made the comparison with Sergei Kostitsyn saying that his addition to the lineup gave more options to Carboneau and he felt Weber could do the same but he cautioned that there is still much to be seen cause he hasnt played real nhl lineups yet. But anyway he gave him his best rating of all the prospects at camp. Considering he's seen all the games and how I usually trust his analysis I'll go with what he says.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 12:25 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Bah! I don't think Carbonneau really takes advice from la Zone or any other media outlet anyways, so why bother? It's just fantasy talk, entertainment.

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'abstrait View Post
Bah! I don't think Carbonneau really takes advice from la Zone or any other media outlet anyways, so why bother? It's just fantasy talk, entertainment.
You are right. We almost have the sames discutions as them and the quality of ours discution isn't always better than them.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Vodka_Tonic

i guess yannick knows best how to pronounce his name, but usually weber is spoken as wäbber, with a normal w in swiss-german. since he's apparently of vaudois decent, that would mean his name is pronounced in a french fashion, something like waebèr.
but what the hell do i know

Vodka_Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 06:40 AM
deandebean

It will be fun to have another player stating: "che veux chouer". Damn, I miss Streit for that.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 06:55 AM
mcphee

He has released a statement indicating that he does wish to be called Vannick.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:11 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Rotowire describes him as gritty, which I didn't know about his game. With his height and weight, and blast from the point, he sounds like a young version of Matt Schneider, back when the Habs were breaking him into the league.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:14 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post

They are similar players imo, the difference is that Weber has an outstanding shot whereas Carle is a better passer imo, while Weber can pass the puck well and Carle has a accurate shot, I would say their bread and butter is the shot of Weber and the passing ability of Carle. Both need to get stronger physically and defensively imo.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
It will be fun to have another player stating: "che veux chouer". Damn, I miss Streit for that.
bien oui c'est sure.. on a fait des beaux cheux..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
They are similar players imo, the difference is that Weber has an outstanding shot whereas Carle is a better passer imo, while Weber can pass the puck well and Carle has a accurate shot, I would say their bread and butter is the shot of Weber and the passing ability of Carle. Both need to get stronger physically and defensively imo.
Does he shoot right [Weber] ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Does he shoot right [Weber] ?
Yes he does.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote