HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac To Start Year in Hamilton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2008, 08:26 PM
  #1
BulldogFever
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Max Pacioretty - Gui Latendresse - Chris Higgins Debate

I just caught MaxPac's goal against Detroit, all I can say is ...... where are all the reporters (Michel Bergeron) that said we should've taken someone ( David Perron ) else? No offence to Perron, he is a great offensive player but he doesn't do what Max can do. Drive the net, pass the puck in traffic, get the puck in the corner, score. There have been some misses but this year's camp has shown that Weber, Subban, Pacioretty & Maxwell are hits!

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
  #2
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,004
vCash: 500
Honestly, is this thread necessary? Are you expecting a herd of reporters to sign up on HFboards just to post in this thread saying they were wrong. Who even knows if they are wrong. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of threads on Max and judging him on one goal and making a thread about it is ********.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:40 PM
  #3
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 23,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogFever View Post
I just caught MaxPac's goal against Detroit, all I can say is ...... where are all the reporters (Michel Bergeron) that said we should've taken someone ( David Perron ) else? No offence to Perron, he is a great offensive player but he doesn't do what Max can do. Drive the net, pass the puck in traffic, get the puck in the corner, score. There have been some misses but this year's camp has shown that Weber, Subban, Pacioretty & Maxwell are hits!
I said we should have picked Perron too. So what? Maguire said the Habs were making a big mistake by choosing Price. Big deal.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
  #4
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Honestly, is this thread necessary? Are you expecting a herd of reporters to sign up on HFboards just to post in this thread saying they were wrong. Who even knows if they are wrong. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of threads on Max and judging him on one goal and making a thread about it is ********.
I heart you.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:47 PM
  #5
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Meh, who cares what the media thinks. What's most amazing in Max Pac's case is that we got him and Gorges for... Craig Rivet!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:49 PM
  #6
David
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogFever View Post
I just caught MaxPac's goal against Detroit, all I can say is ...... where are all the reporters (Michel Bergeron) that said we should've taken someone ( David Perron ) else? No offence to Perron, he is a great offensive player but he doesn't do what Max can do. Drive the net, pass the puck in traffic, get the puck in the corner, score. There have been some misses but this year's camp has shown that Weber, Subban, Pacioretty & Maxwell are hits!
I for one think that your assessment of Pacioretty is justified.

Although it's only pre-season and the veterans are not playing their A game, I think that he is out playing a lot of the current roster players this pre-season...and especially Latendresse.

Actually, if I was Latendresse, I would be real nervous right about now. If it weren't for the waiver rules...

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
  #7
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,811
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogFever View Post
I just caught MaxPac's goal against Detroit, all I can say is ...... where are all the reporters (Michel Bergeron) that said we should've taken someone ( David Perron ) else? No offence to Perron, he is a great offensive player but he doesn't do what Max can do. Drive the net, pass the puck in traffic, get the puck in the corner, score. There have been some misses but this year's camp has shown that Weber, Subban, Pacioretty & Maxwell are hits!
For the record.....Perron ain't that bad either....just check his stats and how he conducts himself on the ice (not off the ice, that's another issue...), he's right up there with the best of his draft year. They are just both different types of players.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:16 PM
  #8
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,264
vCash: 500
All aboard!

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
  #9
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
You'll see him with the big boys some time this year.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
  #10
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Max made a strong case for himself tonight. That said, i don't see the room for him at the beginning of the season unless there are still injuries. Max should get some AHL time and will be ready at some point this season it looks like.

I also want to say that Chipchura has had a tremendous game and is getting little attention but it will be hard for him to start the year in Montreal as well.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
  #11
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I said we should have picked Perron too.
I said we should pick Pacioretty

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:34 PM
  #12
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I for one think that your assessment of Pacioretty is justified.

Although it's only pre-season and the veterans are not playing their A game, I think that he is out playing a lot of the current roster players this pre-season...and especially Latendresse.

Actually, if I was Latendresse, I would be real nervous right about now. If it weren't for the waiver rules...
Miller and McGuire mentioned that Lats is 7 games under the Games Played required to have to go through waivers. If they got the rule right, Lats could be sent down. Having said that, I thought Lats played well tonight and I think it's very doubtful that he gets sent down.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:35 PM
  #13
ScherbakAttack
Registered User
 
ScherbakAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Max made a strong case for himself tonight. That said, i don't see the room for him at the beginning of the season unless there are still injuries. Max should get some AHL time and will be ready at some point this season it looks like.

I also want to say that Chipchura has had a tremendous game and is getting little attention but it will be hard for him to start the year in Montreal as well.
I'm afraid of his momentum dying in the AHL but I agree that there is little room on the team. Good thing it's not my decision

Hell, we COULD just go with 4 offensive lines instead of the 4th line to fit him in.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
  #14
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
We should have pick Denis Savard instead of Doug Wickenheiser.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
  #15
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
We should have pick Denis Savard instead of Doug Wickenheiser.
We should have picked Kopitar instead of Price.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
  #16
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
We should have picked Kopitar instead of Price.
We should have picked a wedgie instead of our nose...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:42 PM
  #17
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For the record.....Perron ain't that bad either....just check his stats and how he conducts himself on the ice (not off the ice, that's another issue...), he's right up there with the best of his draft year. They are just both different types of players.
Apparently he has some attitude problems. I remember hearing McGuire talk about it last season and reading some blog from a st-louis reporter or something.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:43 PM
  #18
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
We should have picked Kopitar instead of Price.
Personally, franchise goaltender > franchise center.

The name of the game is goaltending !

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
  #19
CareyPrice x 31
Registered User
 
CareyPrice x 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,877
vCash: 3907
i am very quickly falling in love with this kid.
What a performance tonight.

the new jersey I just baught, Im thinking of putting his name on the back.

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
  #20
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Personally, franchise goaltender > franchise center.

The name of the game is goaltending !
Well...we might still have something like Huet and Halak (not too bad.)
+ Kopitar.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
  #21
Dripper
Registered User
 
Dripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Miller and McGuire mentioned that Lats is 7 games under the Games Played required to have to go through waivers. If they got the rule right, Lats could be sent down. Having said that, I thought Lats played well tonight and I think it's very doubtful that he gets sent down.
They are wrong, they forgot that playoff games count as well.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
  #22
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 23,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
I said we should pick Pacioretty
pffff you're sooo obvious in your choices

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
  #23
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,589
vCash: 567
Here's the question Gainey and co will ponder.

What is best for Max's development:

12-15 minutes in MTL (I mean, seriously he's gonna be great, but he still can't crack our top 2 lines) or 20+ minutes playing in all situations in the AHL, leading that team, for a few weeks at least?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
  #24
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 23,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Personally, franchise goaltender > franchise center.

The name of the game is goaltending !
If you mean a McDonald franchise yes I agree. Gretzky or Roy? Gretzky.

The truth is, neither Price and Kopitar are franchise players. Yet.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
  #25
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Here's the question Gainey and co will ponder.

What is best for Max's development:

12-15 minutes in MTL (I mean, seriously he's gonna be great, but he still can't crack our top 2 lines) or 20+ minutes playing in all situations in the AHL, leading that team, for a few weeks at least?
As much as I like the kid, I say the AHL, top minutes on top line, first PP unit, much needed professional experience. If he keeps on performing well, he'd be my first call-up as well. Let's not forget that he doesn't have to clear waivers, unlike others on the team.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.