HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac To Start Year in Hamilton

Old
09-30-2008, 11:41 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Latendresse bangs in front? Nope.
Latendresse finishes? Nope.
Latendresse creates for others? Dream on.

As of now, Max Pac is already close what Latendresse was supposed to become, a bruising power foward who can put the biscuit in the basket.

Not only that Max Pac brings a lot more speed and versatility that Latendresse does not.

If it were for waiver rules, Latendresse's sorry ass would be down in Hamilton.

...and Max Pac is very dissimilar to Higgins.
And I bet if Pacioretty was given a spot on the team, and forced to play with bums on the bottom lines and struggled, you'd be saying the same things about him in a few years...

Pathetic.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:42 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
And I bet if Pacioretty was given a spot on the team, and forced to play with bums on the bottom lines and struggled, you'd be saying the same things about him in few years...

Pathetic.
Lats played many game on the top lines....many. But it just so happens when an other prospect gets that chance he sticks it(Sergei).

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
couz

Comparing MaxPac to GL is absurd...the guys aren't even the same type of players, just because they're both big they're the same.

GL is a big body with hands, needing to get open and score around the net.

MaxPac is a power forward who drives the net with the puck and creates chances.

If anything MaxPac is closer to being like Higgins.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lone Rogue

Pacioretty was actually better in this game than the NCAA game I watched him. I'm sure there was a Kovalev bump there.

That said, its getting pretty irritating to hear Latendresse vs. Pacioretty. Pacioretty would not be taking Lats spot. He would be taking a spot occupied by either Steve Begin or Tom Kostopolous. Get that through your heads!

This is the only reason I jump into these MaxiPad threads and drop anvils on peoples heads. Why in the blazes of hell would you want to lose Guillaume Latendresse to bring up MaxiPad, but keep Begin or Kostopolous!? Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, we're running into the same situation that we ran into in Gui's rookie year. Let Max play in the AHL for a year and come up on fire. Make him say to himself, "I was damn good, but yeah, I could be even better."

Enough. Said.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I dont understand all this talk of getting rid of Higgins.
Yes MaxPac can and will be the same type of player as Higgins but why rid of one of them? Why not have 2 guys that will skate, crash the boards if needed, work hard down low, create chances and score?

2 is better then 1 no?
Disagree.

MaxPac and Latendresse are projected to be goal scoring power forwards.

Chris Higgins is a responsible two way forward with some offensive upside.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
100% agree with this post.
Latendresse will NEVER reach the potential of Higgins. He simply doesnt have the speed to do it.
Well, they're different players. Latendresse will never be as fast as Higgins, but Higgins will never play the body as well as Latendresse does right now. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Latendresse eventually outproduce Higgins. But it would surprise me to see Latendresse become the more versatile player, as in capable of playing all situations and special teams.

They're just different players with different potential.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Disagree.

Latendresse wont ever be a goal scoring power forward.
He has never done anything unless he played with Koivu.
Koivu is not getting any younger.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Habs

trade him for Gaborik while his value is still climbing.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Pacioretty was actually better in this game than the NCAA game I watched him. I'm sure there was a Kovalev bump there.

That said, its getting pretty irritating to hear Latendresse vs. Pacioretty. Pacioretty would not be taking Lats spot. He would be taking a spot occupied by either Steve Begin or Tom Kostopolous. Get that through your heads!

This is the only reason I jump into these MaxiPad threads and drop anvils on peoples heads. Why in the blazes of hell would you want to lose Guillaume Latendresse to bring up MaxiPad, but keep Begin or Kostopolous!? Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, we're running into the same situation that we ran into in Gui's rookie year. Let Max play in the AHL for a year and come up on fire. Make him say to himself, "I was damn good, but yeah, I could be even better."

Enough. Said.
The sad thing is that the people who want to bring up Max and lose Lats are the same ones who wanted to bring up Lats as a youngster and now blame bringing him up too early as the main problem with his development.

Old
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
I dont understand all this talk of getting rid of Higgins.
Yes MaxPac can and will be the same type of player as Higgins but why rid of one of them? Why not have 2 guys that will skate, crash the boards if needed, work hard down low, create chances and score?

2 is better then 1 no?
Because we already have 6 offensive wingers, we have to make room, and BTW Latendresse does have Higgins potential cause he has twice the talent and finishing touch Higgins has

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:48 PM
David

Quote:
And I bet if Pacioretty was given a spot on the team, and forced to play with bums on the bottom lines and struggled, you'd be saying the same things about him in a few years...

Pathetic.
Latendresse was given many opportunities since his first training camp on all forward lines and all he did was disappoint.

True, power forwards take longer to develop but the bottom line is that he has disappointed every year up to now. This is also another reason why he shouldn't have been up with the big club when so young.

Will he have a better year this year? I hope so. But the bottom line remains that Latendresse has failed to live up to his hype so far.

Now, that is pathetic...and your biased opinion.

Old
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Because we already have 6 offensive wingers, we have to make room, and BTW Latendresse does have Higgins potential cause he has twice the talent and finishing touch Higgins has
I really dont agree with that but to each their own.

Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
Comparing MaxPac to GL is absurd...the guys aren't even the same type of players, just because they're both big they're the same.

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Well, they're different players. Latendresse will never be as fast as Higgins, but Higgins will never play the body as well as Latendresse does right now. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Latendresse eventually outproduce Higgins. But it would surprise me to see Latendresse become the more versatile player, as in capable of playing all situations and special teams.

They're just different players with different potential.
Agree completely.

Old
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
That's ridiculous, Latendresse is only 21, he's still clearly a project and despite that he's shown he has very good goal scoring instincts. The skills and body type he has you can't teach.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
couz

Quote:
Disagree.

Latender is not a power forward...that's a label that has been falsely placed on him.

He's like a Tim Kerr or Glen Murray...big body with hands and a shot.

Kerr and Murray weren't fast but had guys feeding them and they got open and scored close in.

MaxPac has wheels and speed to carry pucks and drive the net...that's a power forward.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
You asked why I'd give up Higgins, I responded.

Just curious what your opinion is on the matter. I think our offensive - Higgins, but our defense + another Top4 = a better overall team. Just my opinion?

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
znk

Quote:
I agree completely. Latendresse has potential, but no real value on the market right now. Trading him would make zero sense. Higgins has a real value, and in Pacioretty we have a guy who can do what he does but better IMO (not yet but soon). And at some point we'll have to make a move or let someone walk, simply because we'll have to many bodies...

Also agree about O'Byrne. before we added Lang, i thought a package og Higgins and O'Byrne for a centerman was the trade were going to make.

And Higgins can't finish. Higgins ceiling is not that high just for that simple fact. If you don't create for others, and can't finish most of the time, you aren't that great of an offensive player despite your other skills...
He cant finish but still had 27 goals. Just a minor adjustment and he easily reaches 35.

Lats can play on the 4th line this year if it means our team is better. If after a while pacioretty cant handle real NHL games then he gets sent down and Lats takes his spot back. Also if there are injuries Lats can move up. I would sacrifice his development if it makes this team better. I would not sacrifice this team's potential for Latendresse's sake. Not this year.

Old
Lone Rogue

Quote:
The sad thing is that the people who want to bring up Max and lose Lats are the same ones who wanted to bring up Lats as a youngster and now blame bringing him up too early as the main problem with his development.
Beggars can't be choosers.

A future with Latendresse, Pacioretty, the Kostitsyn's, McDonaugh, Subban, Weber, Komisarek, Gorges, O'Byrne, Higgins, Plekanec, Chipchura and Maxwell... how sweet it is. Who wants to lose any of it?

EDIT: I left out the goalies, but just so no-one cries, Price and Halak too.

Old
09-30-2008, 11:50 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post

What do you think that a power forward is if not this? Cam Neely anyone?

Old
09-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Seriously, on that shootout goal, I don't think i've seen hands like that on a Habs player besides Kovalev. He looked like a seasoned pro on that one.

My dad flipped when he found out he's just 19.

Spectaculard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habitants

maxpac=theawsomo!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I see him taking Lats's spot and Lats taking a spot on the 4th line.

Old
09-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Seriously, on that shootout goal, I don't think i've seen hands like that on a Habs player besides Kovalev. He looked like a seasoned pro on that one.
I know its just after the game, but... seriously? Is Andrei Kostitsyn chopped liver?

Old
09-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
You asked why I'd give up Higgins, I responded.

Just curious what your opinion is on the matter. I think our offensive - Higgins, but our defense + another Top4 = a better overall team. Just my opinion?
Our D will definatly be better, thats for certain but, i dont know about up front. Higgins creates alot of our chances. We lose alot of attack without him.

Old
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Erik Estrada

After watching tonight's game and hearing Carbo's post-game comments, for the first time I see Pacioretty having an outside chance at getting a gig on the 3rd line to start the season.

It's a zero-sum game, if he makes the team one of the 6 offensive wingers gets the heave-ho. I've read some posters mentionning Higgins or SKost as being in danger. Anything is possible. However, the guy whose name has been whispered the most in the media has been Latendresse.

He's added some speed and has hustled during preseason. I think the best way for Latendresse to secure his position is to put up points on the scoreboard.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote