HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

chips, dag, & stewart

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
albertabound

vCash: 500
chips, dag, & stewart

Could this be thier last preseason game today before heading down to Hamilton? It just wierd that they are playing them again tonight . Just my thoughts. Oh yeah I totally with team 990 this am that maxpac isn't getting the media attention he derserves because his last name is not ............exactly francais.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:00 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Hmm
How many threads do we have open on this topic?

Anyways before the merge.

I will be upset if Chips starts in Hamilton, he is a competitor and a tough player to play against he is also gritty which is exactly what the Habs needed more of last playoffs.

I wish bums like Dandenault WERE GONE.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

i hope Chipchura stays,I think he played very well and deserves a spot on this team.Comon Bob,trade Dandenault,Begin or whoever you need to trade to make Kyle a regular on this team

Old
10-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
i hope Chipchura stays,I think he played very well and deserves a spot on this team.Comon Bob,trade Dandenault,Begin or whoever you need to trade to make Kyle a regular on this team
I agree, I think he is at a point where AHL is of no use to him like O'b. Even if he only plays 50-60 NHL games he would progress more than 80 AHL ones.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
Could this be thier last preseason game today before heading down to Hamilton? It just wierd that they are playing them again tonight . Just my thoughts. Oh yeah I totally with team 990 this am that maxpac isn't getting the media attention he derserves because his last name is not ............exactly francais.
fifi you say something like this every day, then when someone comments, you've gone away. Picking up random caller comments from a radio station and claiming them as the position the station takes is crap.

Every talk show in both languages and if we had more linguistic radio stations they would too, heaped praise on MaxPac last night. Stick your agenda where the sun don't shine.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I think Chips should make the team. He played well last night.

waffledave
Old
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
fifi you say something like this every day, then when someone comments, you've gone away. Picking up random caller comments from a radio station and claiming them as the position the station takes is crap.

Every talk show in both languages and if we had more linguistic radio stations they would too, heaped praise on MaxPac last night. Stick your agenda where the sun don't shine.
I love when you stick it to someone.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

*slowly stands and applauds*

Old
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I love when you stick it to someone.
Me too, saves me some aggro, and no one does it better than McPhee. (!)

Old
10-01-2008, 12:12 PM
albertabound

mcphee- go to the team 990 and listen to tony that is all they are talking about how not enough attention on macpax cause he's not french-so you stick it where the sun don't comment if aren't listening to team 990!!!!!

Old
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
habfan4

Another banner ****ing day on the habs board.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
mcphee- go to the team 990 and listen to tony that is all they are talking about how not enough attention on macpax cause he's not french-so you stick it where the sun don't comment if aren't listening to team 990!!!!!

and yet, the only player the french medias are talking about since yesterday (after the game vs Wings) is Pacioretty... even a show like 110%, known for being obsessed with french-speaking players...

maybe your Tony should listen to french Radio/TV shows, so he would know what he's talking about...

Old
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Do you not understand that if callers or hosts are saying this, what is their frame of refrence. I don't have the J de M in front of me, can someone confirm that they praised hell out of the kid ?

Casavant sums up the French press in the morning show and mentionned that Maxpac was the topic du jour.

So if these guys want to make an issue where none exists, what the hell, you buy in ?

I'm not stupid, if a Lats or Chips makes the team and it costs Lapierre and Lats, it will be brought up in some circles, it would be naive to deny it.

The thing is, Maxpac isn't being ignored , far from it. We all want to so badly to pile on this issue that we bring things up as if they were a majority opinion before they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and yet, the only player the french medias are talking about since yesterday (after the game vs Wings) is Pacioretty... even a show like 110%, known for being obsessed with french-speaking players...

maybe your Tony should listen to french Radio/TV shows, so he would know what he's talking about...
Without even listening I'd bet you that Marinaro's being taken out of context here. He doesn't play that game that way. I heard him bring up the issue that maybe Lats isn't criticized as much as he could be, but he laid out his reasoning and gave full time to a guy calling in with a strongly differing opinion. Then I had to go out and carry an armoire and I didn't turn the radio back on.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-01-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Do you not understand that if callers or hosts are saying this, what is their frame of refrence. I don't have the J de M in front of me, can someone confirm that they praised hell out of the kid ?

Casavant sums up the French press in the morning show and mentionned that Maxpac was the topic du jour.

So if these guys want to make an issue where none exists, what the hell, you buy in ?

I'm not stupid, if a Lats or Chips makes the team and it costs Lapierre and Lats, it will be brought up in some circles, it would be naive to deny it.

The thing is, Maxpac isn't being ignored , far from it. We all want to so badly to pile on this issue that we bring things up as if they were a majority opinion before they happen.
and he's right...

about yesterday's game :

RDS : http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/260773.html
- translated : win "signed" Price and Pacioretty

cyberpresse : http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ree-de-max.php
- translated : Max evening (with a picture of him)

Francois Gagnon's blog : http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70313624
- Bravo Pacioretty!

TQS website : http://www.tqs.ca/sports/2008/09/S093043AU.php
- translated : Pacioretty shines...

110% : http://www.tqs.ca/videos/110/2008/09...ebat-33645.php
- listen and tell me how many times we hear Pacioretty's name...

CANOE website : http://www.canoe.com/sports/
- my my! look at the picture and the title!

Good god! can't wait for the french medias to start talking about Pacioretty!

Old
10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Beakermania*

Well this is clearly another pacioretty vs Gui thread... I thought we had one of those.

Closed Thread