HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

1st Oct: Montreal Canadiens Vs Boston Bruins - 7:30PM - CKAC, CJAD - NO TV!

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2008, 12:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Is this game on RDS?
Teletoon

Old
10-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
We are trying to make Dandenault look good for other teams to give us a pick for him
Maybe some GM wanted to see him on the blue-line as well as at forward (he played up front last night I think)? His versatility might still be an asset.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I understand resting Max cause he's not used to playing so many games, but CKAC is reporting final cuts will be announced after tonight so that the actual team can head to Tremblant together.

You would have to think if they were considering keeping him up here to start the year, then they'd want to test him playing consecutive nights. I think the writing's on the wall that he has to start the year in Hamilton. Which is not a bad thing. They've seen what he can do, and if he's great with the Dogs, then he'll earn his call-up.

Plus, I'm going to Hamilton's home opener, so I'm excited to see him there.

O'Byrne and Weber had subpar and terrible games last night, respectively. Perhaps management is honestly still deciding which of the two will start the year paired with Hamrlik? Good chance to assess again this evening as part of a terrible defense corps.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Pascal

god damn, no maxpac.. but Koivu/Tanguay and AKost is nice. Our D is gonna be awful.

I'm sitting in the whites somewhere in section 318 i believe. right in the middle

Old
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2...nadiens_season

Haha, check out the October game log. Who do we play on the 11th?

Old
10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Lone Rogue

I'm hoping to see a Greg Stewart bodycheck right to Milan Lucic's spine, causing him to fall apart like some crappy glued together popsicle sticks. Bruin fans will pick them up, white glue running through their fingers screaming, "Why? Why... he was our future..."

I'll be drunk playing bowling tonight, so lets go Habs!

Old
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
FrankMTL

So cute...Lucie's coming out to play tonight and he getting all dressed up for us! He needs some work on his makeup though..he looks downright fugly. He should get some tips from Marc Savard who really knows how to accentuate his eyes with that eye liner....

Old
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Habitants

wow habs D lines make me sick

hopefully our forward lines will produce some gaols, because it will be a tough night. Also hope Halak is up for the task, as he will be put to the test tonight!

should be quite entertaining to watch!!

live from the white section!

Old
10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Haha!!! WHAT! I just scored tickets to this game on ebay…I was looking and the price was “buy it now” for $90…I refreshed the page and it was at $50! Sweet!!!! $25each is awesome!

Old
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Haha!!! WHAT! I just scored tickets to this game on ebay…I was looking and the price was “buy it now” for $90…I refreshed the page and it was at $50! Sweet!!!! $25each is awesome!
sweet deal, where are your seats?

Old
10-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
but CKAC is reporting final cuts will be announced after tonight so that the actual team can head to Tremblant together.
That's wrong:

Il pourrait y avoir un certain nombre de joueurs qui seront retranchés après le match contre les Bruins. Les dernières décisions concernant la formation devraient suivre dimanche ou lundi, a indiqué Carbonneau.

http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelle...01-131302.html

And man, is half this board going to the game or what?

And of course Ference isn't playing tonight after his attack on A. Kosty. He won't be able to hide come regular season though.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's wrong:

Il pourrait y avoir un certain nombre de joueurs qui seront retranchés après le match contre les Bruins. Les dernières décisions concernant la formation devraient suivre dimanche ou lundi, a indiqué Carbonneau.

i was thinking the same thing, Alot of us are gonna be there!
GO GO!!

Old
10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
viasyncro

I was at the game last night and couldn't stop seeing #67 everywhere. Sure he was put on the best line, but after looking at the game sheet, only Dandenault had less ice time! Maxpac only had a little over 12 minutes ice time while Kovy had over 20 min and Lang 17. He didn't have as many PP minutes but still had over 2. I don't see how he's the only player benched because he looked tired, when he played 12min. I understand he plays like no tomorrow, and his dad was there, but im my opinion, it seems more likely they don't need to make him play because they already know if he is making the team or not.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's wrong:

And of course Ference isn't playing tonight after his attack on A. Kosty. He won't be able to hide come regular season though.
Ah. I was going off of this:

L'équipe se dirige à Mont-Tremblant après le match de ce soir, et les décisions concernant les dernières coupures y seront prises.

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...1-1201893.html

But it makes more sense that they trim a bit and wait till the end for the final cuts. I'm pretty sure that's how they usually do it anyway.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
sweet deal, where are your seats?
Blues! Centre Ice…Not bad, I think $25 is near face value.

I gotta pick up at the box office. How does that work?

Old
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
habfan4

It's a pity that Laraque (or even Flinn) isn't available for tonights game, I have this nagging feeling that a Bruin is going to do something stupid in his absence.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
It's a pity that Laraque (or even Flinn) isn't available for tonights game, I have this nagging feeling that a Bruin is going to do something stupid in his absence.
I was thinking the same thing. Even though we have Kosto and Stewart in the line up. I don't like our odds matching up against some of the Bruin bad boys that will be playing tonight.

10-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I just woken up....where's Maxwell??? Has to be a sign that he's cut and it will be announced after the game. It's a shame but totally expected. Would have love to see him against a goon team like the BaBruins.

Old
Tuggy

After reading some stuff on the Bruins board, I see they have tempered their expectations on Lucic. Most think he is a 20 goal, Chris Neil type player (which is what I believe). There is even some talk of some posters thinking that sending him to Providence might be best for him. Whether or not that is true, I don't really care, but I just find it funny what 5 or 6 months will do to opinions.

Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Blues! Centre Ice…Not bad, I think $25 is near face value.

I gotta pick up at the box office. How does that work?
Go to the box office and bring the credit card that you used to secure the tickets. Also bring atleast (2) pieces of ID, one of which should have your picture on it.

Not a bad deal for the tickets.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Even though we have Kosto and Stewart in the line up. I don't like our odds matching up against some of the Bruin bad boys that will be playing tonight.
It'll just be a typical Habs/Bruins game. The Habs will win 5-0, the Bruins will win the fights and B's fans will have their moral victory and circle jerk to a collage of Lucic/Neely pictures.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It'll just be a typical Habs/Bruins game. The Habs will win 5-0, the Bruins will win the fights and B's fans will have their moral victory and circle jerk to a collage of Lucic/Neely pictures.
lol...normally I would agree with you. But I think the game will be a little closer than that, after looking at the defense we are icing tonight.

Old
10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
After reading some stuff on the Bruins board, I see they have tempered their expectations on Lucic. Most think he is a 20 goal, Chris Neil type player (which is what I believe). There is even some talk of some posters thinking that sending him to Providence might be best for him. Whether or not that is true, I don't really care, but I just find it funny what 5 or 6 months will do to opinions.
So they're basically going through with Lucic what some people here are going through with Latendresse?

Old
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Maxpac

It sucks that Pacioretty won't be playing tonight, i think it's a weird decision to leave him out of the line-up for D'Agostini who has no chance to make the club, not to mention it would of been fun to compare our 2 powerforwards on the same line

Old
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol...normally I would agree with you. But I think the game will be a little closer than that, after looking at the defense we are icing tonight.
Why? We have Stanley Cup champions Brisebois and Dandenault back there!

Closed Thread