HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chimera traded to Phoenix

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2004, 02:38 PM
MrMackey

vCash: 500
Chimera traded to Phoenix

With a third for their late second (57) and fourth round picks.

Old
06-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Says here it was NYR:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=89109

Old
06-26-2004, 06:02 PM
MrMackey

Thanks for clarifying that... I was getting my info from the HF Chat, and was a little confused all day.

Old
06-26-2004, 06:10 PM
MrMackey

Thanks for clarifying that... I was getting my info from the HF Chat, and was a little confused all day.

Old
06-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Lowetide

Good job, I thought it was Phoenix too.

Old
06-26-2004, 08:28 PM
calvin

http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com/news/p...etails&ID=3525

Trust HF, not those amateurs!!!

Old
06-26-2004, 08:53 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin
PHO must've flipped the pick to the Rangers then, because they ended up using the 80th...

http://www.nhl.com/futures/2004draft/round3.html

Old
06-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Kinda sad to see Chimera go, but maybe now on another team, he'll get a chance to play on an every game basis.

Best of luck Jason!

Old
06-26-2004, 10:40 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
PHO must've flipped the pick to the Rangers then, because they ended up using the 80th...

http://www.nhl.com/futures/2004draft/round3.html
Now I'm confused. The 'Yotes owed the Hurricanes that pick I believe...unless Carolina owes the Rangers for something....

Damn these trading of picks....

Old
06-26-2004, 10:50 PM
hockeyaddict101

A little surprised

The only reason that we all thought Isbister was going was because of the 1.9 million.

One thing to consider though, the Oilers obviously didn't want to lose him for nothing by not qualifying him, and maybe the Oilers are gambling that he has a better season.

IMO if we are not talking about salary I would rather trade Chimera than Isbister, so the Oilers made a hockey decision IMO and not a salary decision.

Old
06-27-2004, 09:13 AM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
That 1.9m is likely why he didn't go anywhere. Lowe probably felt the offers (if any) weren't good enough, and after all, Izzy is the reason Spaz went to the Isles, not Torres. I don't think his stock has fallen *that* far with the Oilers.

Old
06-27-2004, 09:54 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
That 1.9m is likely why he didn't go anywhere. Lowe probably felt the offers (if any) weren't good enough, and after all, Izzy is the reason Spaz went to the Isles, not Torres. I don't think his stock has fallen *that* far with the Oilers.
I actually thought Torres was the key to the deal, and that the Oilers had wanted Scatchard instead of Izzy originally but the Isles wouldn't go for it...

I think the Oilers are still hoping for good things from Izzy, but it's becoming an expensive experiment. But obviously they weren't sold on Chimera at this point even though he's a whole lot cheaper.

Bart

Old
06-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
I agree here. It's kind of hard to have your stock fall a whole lot, when a team that is fairly high on you see's you go through an injury plagued season. Isbister had some streaks of flashyness, and in all fairness he deserves that second chance, and if he pans out we'll be laughing.

Lines for next year don't appear to be changing too much, however the best thing about the Chimera trade is that Rita becomes that 14th forward.

Smyth-Nedved-Dvorak
Isbister-York-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Horcoff-Laraque
Rita

Although it could look more like
Smyth-York-Dvorak
Isbister-Horcoff-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Stoll-Laraque

Old
06-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Puckyinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Smyth-Nedved-Dvorak
Isbister-York-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Horcoff-Laraque
Rita

Although it could look more like
Smyth-York-Dvorak
Isbister-Horcoff-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Stoll-Laraque
In both cases, the 2nd line makes me want to vomit. UGH...

Old
06-28-2004, 12:16 AM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
I think that you will see the following lineup:

Smyth-York-Hemsky
Torres-Nedved-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Isbister-Horcoff-Laraque
Stoll, Rita

Old
06-28-2004, 12:23 AM
momentai

I still don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Isbister will get traded at some point. I just absolutely hate that contract of his. He really only fits into the lineup in a bottom 6 role especially if Torres is slated to rejoin his chemistry with Dvorak. And for that price, I can't see it being an option.

Old
06-28-2004, 12:27 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

My extremely hopeful lineup remains:

Hemsky-Nedved-Dvorak
Scorer-Reasoner-Smyth
York-Stoll-Torres
Moreau-Salmelainen/Schremp/Laraque/Pisani/Isbister(grudgingly)

Maybe we could even do better. If you get a scoring center for the 2nd line (wishful thinking I know, but still...) then Reasoner can move down and I say we have maybe the best 3rd line in the league, that fourth line would keep everyone motivated, and you've got a ton of players that could jump up at any time. Talk about depth. Parlay some of that into a better defenceman, and we're ready for prime-time. That said, a healthy Marty Reasoner IS a 2nd line guy next year. Last year would have been his breakout, especially with all the ice-time he woulda gotten.

But one day, a line of someone, Schremp and Hemsky could be among the best in the league, the question remains who that could be. I don't think it's Torres, he's gonna be a better 2nd line hidden threat. Why can't tractor-boy get his act together and come over and be a non-injury prone better handed Eric Daze, is that really too much to ask

And keeping with the thread slightly, I still don't like Chimera going. He still has potential, and at worst you have a guy who can play a role if steady. Considering what other teams gave up to get picks, we overpaid. Move Rita way before this, yuck.

Old
06-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I still don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Isbister will get traded at some point. I just absolutely hate that contract of his. He really only fits into the lineup in a bottom 6 role especially if Torres is slated to rejoin his chemistry with Dvorak. And for that price, I can't see it being an option.
Judging by the papers today (especially the 'we still have Isbister' quote from MacT), I'm thinking Izzy is an Oiler by the skin of his teeth at this point. If Olesz had been picked before #7, I'd bet my bottom dollar we'd be talking about a Stafford/Schremp combo and the incredulity of Lowe actually making a trade up the draft.

I really can't see him being around come opening night...not at 1.9M.

Last edited by Digger12: 06-28-2004 at 12:42 AM.
Old
06-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Cujo_31

i'm sure Izzy realizes that he's not worth the 1.9 mil he has to be qualified at or the oilers will lose his rights, i'm betting he'll sign a 2 year deal 1.3 mil the first year then 1.5 the 2nd year and even possibly a 3rd year (but unlikely), for him to prove himself to the fans as well as the other teams around the league, Izzy has to know the next 2 (played) seasons it's a make or break for him, either he breaks out and makes an impact and turns into the forward he was supposed to be, maybe not as great but still an impact top 6 forward or he'll be a career bottom 6 player and his NHL career won't last as long as it could. it's all up to Izzy at this point, here's hoping he can stay healthy and prove to everyone the type of player he can be and on a consistant basis.

Closed Thread