HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder Returns - Don't Boo

Old
10-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Patty Roy

vCash: 500
Its not what i would do...i have no hate on for Ryder. He was pretty good for us early in his career and who can blame him for going to Boston with the ridiculous amount of money they threw at him.

That said, i'll take our vocal crowd any day of the week over the group that shows up at Scotiabank Place for the Sens home games. Talk about dull...

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Micheal Ryder was booed whenever he touched the puck and had his name chanted "in derision."* Are we really so quick to forget our three time goal scoring leader? While he might not have been our best player he was often there for us when times were not so bright. I knew he would probably not expect a great time when he returned to Montreal, but did we really need to boo him in an exhibition game?

I was hoping for more out of our fans.

oh well.

*http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251387&l...=secStory_main
I think it's stupid too. Absolutly no class, the opposite of what the Montreal Canadiens reflect.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:37 AM
GoHabs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
I think it's stupid too. Absolutly no class, the opposite of what the Montreal Canadiens reflect.
+1

stupid fans

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:37 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I would not and will not boo Ryder, unless he turns into a superhabkiller this season. But I don't care if other people boo him. He's a Bruin, FFS. He's no Chara, but he's definitely not the worst player on their roster.
I don't think it's classy, but I'd rather people boo Ryder for six games (plus possibly playoffs) than riot after a playoff series win, if they must insist on making us all look bad.
Still. I'm not going to get all emo about it.
Exactly he is a Bruin, It is not like they were booing one of our players...

Quote:
I don't want our building to be known as classy... But rather hostile, and this is a part of it.

I'm sure it affects his play.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
GoHabs20

so if saku leaves and comes back to play for another team you will boo him?

twofaced fans.

Old
10-02-2008, 08:42 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post

I don't want our building to be known as classy... But rather hostile, and this is a part of it.

It's a god damn preseason game. Just give him a ****ing hand on his first shift to say "I know you werent always great but I respect that you tried and you gave us good times. Thank you!" You arent booing because you want to make him lose focus in a preason game. You can kid your self with that...

Then when no UFA's come you blame the media....nice.

Our building should be hostile to opposing teams. But it should also be knows as classy to it's ex players.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:43 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
so if saku leaves and comes back to play for another team you will boo him?

twofaced fans.
If saku leaves it is going to be for finland

there is always some exception, I really am not at a point to compare Ryder with Saku.

Don't compare our longest serving captain with a chockeux with no heart.
it like apple and oranges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
It's a god damn preseason game. Just give him a ****ing hand on his first shift to say "I know you werent always great but I respect that you tried and you gave us good times. Thank you!" You arent booing because you want to make him lose focus in a preason game. You can kid your self with that...

Our building should be hostile to opposing teams. But it should also be knows as classy to it's ex players.
I think it is going to be like that for the season.

I really don't feel a need to thank Ryder. He was so disapointing, you won't see Bonk, Smolinsky, Huet get booed... (well I hope)

But the way Ryder played and is attitude of last year I think thanking him would have been a mistake...

Do you think Theo won't get tease... he will, even if he won a Vezina and hart for us...

P.S. I never blame the media, I never booed a player, I just don't know why people are waiting for every single opportunity to say our fans are dumb

Last edited by CH4: 10-02-2008 at 08:48 AM.
CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:44 AM
GoHabs20

Quote:
If saku leaves it is going to be for finland

there is always some exception, I really am not at a point to compare Ryder with Saku.

Don't compare our longest serving captain with a chockeux with no heart.
it like apple and oranges.
not comparing saku to ryder.
comparing ex hab to another ex hab (maybe one day)

like I said twofaced.

Old
10-02-2008, 08:46 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
Oh for the love of...

Grow thicker skin. Seriously. I'm tired of fans, whether they be fans of this team or other teams, acting so shocked or appalled at booing and jeering by fans at hockey games.

It's called atmosphere. I'm willing to bet that Ryder won't go back to his hotel room and cry himself to sleep, so why should you be so offended? Were you expecting a delegation of fans to come out to the ice and present a "Thanks for the goals!" Hall-mark card? It's a business, he signed with another team, and the fans are having some fun.

And this may alarm you, but when Cristobal Huet (likely) comes to the Bell Center March 31st with the Blackhawks, the fans will boo him too. I know, outrageous right? I'll give him a call, lest he actually show up and suffer major ego bruising.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:49 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:

Wait you want people to cheer an ex-player who was throwing airplanes while his team were playing their heart out in the playoffs? Basically cheer for a guy who was seen smiling and laughing while his team was losing? Come on man, that would be classless towards our team, which in my opinion is much more important than an ex-player.

Now if the fans boo Huet, well that would suck. That guy gave it his all.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:49 AM
GoHabs20

we can booo the rest of the team...that will make for great atmosphere.

why do we have to boo ex Habs (his last name isn't ribeiro) especially one that has given us 30 goal seasons. I am not his biggest fan, but show some F respect.

Old
10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Judge Sauer*

IF Koivu left as a free agent while not being offered a contract by Gainey, I'd cheer my ass off for him on his first game back to the Bell, but we all know what he can do, not just playing ability but also his rallying ability, I'd try to get him off his game with chanting. Koivu is the epitome of class in a Habs jersey, but he'd become a roadblock as well while playing for someone else. This takes into account that he's been one of my favourites since pretty much, his sophmore season. I take every opportunity to defend the guy and will always cheer him on no matter how badly he may play for the team during a slump.

p.s.
Koivu and Ryder are totally different and meant totally different things to this team.

pps
**** you for making me picture Koivu in a jersey beloning to a different team

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
GoHabs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Wait you want people to cheer an ex-player who was throwing airplanes while his team were playing their heart out in the playoffs? Basically cheer for a guy who was seen smiling and laughing while his team was losing? Come on man, that would be classless towards our team, which in my opinion is much more important than an ex-player.

Old
10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Some of you really need to take that stick out of your ass.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:55 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I think boooing ex Habs who served us well is a classless act and stupid beyond belief. Hell, how could Ryder not take $12 million to play for the Bruins when Gainey had NO interest in keeping him. Why boo him??

It goes beyond Ryder, why boo Hossa, or Crosby etc??? Some fans will boo Streit and Sundin (if he comes back) as well.

I get boooing players who slighted the Habs or who did something to irritate the fan base, but Ryder was always a classy guy who never complained about being benched and led us in goals for a couple of years. I for one appreciate and acknowledge his contributions and applaud him it and will not boo, unless he scores a goal against us.
Totally agree and really don't understand. I liked Ryder and felt really bad for him when he could not find his groove last season. The guy played some great hockey for us no need to boo him. If people boo Huet, they there is really no hope for some Habs fans.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
They boo because he decided to go to the dark side.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:58 AM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Huet will be booed all evening, then, if he gets the first star, he'll be cheered for it. Nothing personal, it's all about being that 7th player, going into the players head

Or, we could be gentlemen/Ladies and imitate sens fans

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Every young player that played for Florida were incredibly impressed by how the fans were reacting even though it was a god damn preseason game. Same for Babcock and most Wings players. The ****ing hand, we gave it to guys who really deserved it 'cause as far as I'm concerned Chris Chelios was an ex-habs player and got an incredible ovation last year.

But then when no UFA's come, let's blame the crowd....nice. The same crowd that is paying the big bucks and making it possible for the owner to be able to reach that salary cap so we can have a succesful team. And again, agree or not, this is not the classiest building, we know that. We do. But then other teams cannot believe how loud it is and how great the atmosphere is. So I guess that for every player who won't come here 'cause he's booed or might be booed when he leaves our team, there's other players who might come here 'cause they do understand how passionnate the fans can be (with the ups and the downs of their "passion") and might be interested in coming anyway.

Our building is alive compared to almost every other building out there. But with passion comes stupid and intelligent reactions. Yes I'm pissed off 'cause every ****in year it's the same. We already know that we do have a minority who are not the sharpest fans, booing our own players and booing other players. But that's how it is. Why should we bring it again and again and again? We get it! We shouldn't but we do it anyway and it's part of what the crowd is all about.

It's getting a little strange here. People shouldn't be booing ex-habs players but the majority of the people here can't stand that we have threads about the same ex-habs players that are doing well either......And then it's fine to keep bringing that thread over and over but we hate it when we see repetitive threads???? Comes to a point when we should probably have a sticky of all the bad things the crowd and us as fans we're doing....

It didn't end well with Ryder. The paper planes story him or not him was talked a lot. Jouralists and others talking as if he didn't care, his stories blasting the coach, never saying how it might have been his fault a little. It doesn't take a lot for the people to voice their opinion.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Personally I'm not the type of fan that boos an opposing player every time they touch the puck.

But if they do something negative against the Habs (score, fight, injure)...not even ex-hab players are exempt from booing at that point.

10-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Some of you really need to take that stick out of your ass.
Yea.

I was at the game and i admit the booing made me laugh. It's all in good fun.

The guy making 4M a year doesn't give a **** about it really, he probably thinks it's funny, too.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

I've always liked Mikey, no matter how badly he could play.

I wish him the best, just not against the Habs.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Mtl6

Quote:

It's one thing for our building to be hostile, but to boo players that were part of our team and signed elsewhere because there was no place for them is just mean.

Boo Brière, he didn't sign with us, ok
But Ryder was an important player for the habs in the past years, now our youth as grown and there is no place for him, that's it. All we nedd to say is thank you Michael and good luck.

I hope we wont boo Huet, he's in the same position as Ryder...

And if we really want our building to be hostile by booing, then boo players that made dirty shots on our players.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

the guy has 12 million reasons not to care

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
It's one thing for our building to be hostile, but to boo players that were part of our team and signed elsewhere because there was no place for them is just mean.

Boo Brière, he didn't sign with us, ok
But Ryder was an important player for the habs in the past years, now our youth as grown and there is no place for him, that's it. All we nedd to say is thank you Michael and good luck.

I hope we wont boo Huet, he's in the same position as Ryder...

And if we really want our building to be hostile by booing, then boo players that made dirty shots on our players.
Why would the crowd be any different from what the crowd in our own board looks like? Tons of insults between each other, a lot of nassty comments about certain players, tons of overreactions during game threads.......

Who are we really to tell some 21,000 people how to conduct themselves??? And who are the Bruins board or almost any other board to do so as well???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Uber Coca

I don't feel bad for the 4 millions man. It's part of the game and he now plays for the Bruins. If I'm at the Bell Center i'll have a good time and boo other players.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote