HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three more cuts

Old
10-02-2008, 12:36 AM
HotPie

vCash: 500
Doesn't Dandenault have to be waived for Chipchura to make the team?

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Doesn't Dandenault have to be waived for Chipchura to make the team?
Not if someone (ie Laraque) starts the season on IR.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:43 AM
brownman*

I wish Gainey could just exit Dynasty mode, go to the Rosters page, highlight Dandy, press X (or whatever button it is these days) and start a new Dynasty

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Honestly, I think Dandenault might make this team as a spare, at least to start the year.

Hamrlik and Markov are not 100% right now, and Weber and O'Byrne have both shown moments of nervousness. Valentenko seems like he needs more time. All of this leaves us pretty thin on immediately ready defensemen, so having a versatile player like Mathieu in the press box is something Gainey and Carbo will strongly have to consider.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:54 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Apparently, from what I read (sorry, I can't remember where) there were a ton of scouts at the game again tonight. There are scouts at every game who usually go unnoticed and not written about, but the last three games there have been actual mentions of scouts, which might suggest there being more than normal. With Dandenault getting so much icetime I think you can read between the lines to figure out it's a showcase (showdown?) to get a team to take our beloved Mathieu.

He played okay last game, and from what I've heard is that he wasn't bad tonight, either. Maybe someone takes a flyer on him.

10-02-2008, 05:00 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Apparently, from what I read (sorry, I can't remember where) there were a ton of scouts at the game again tonight. There are scouts at every game who usually go unnoticed and not written about, but the last three games there have been actual mentions of scouts, which might suggest there being more than normal. With Dandenault getting so much icetime I think you can read between the lines to figure out it's a showcase (showdown?) to get a team to take our beloved Mathieu.

He played okay last game, and from what I've heard is that he wasn't bad tonight, either. Maybe someone takes a flyer on him.
It's certainly one explanation for all the scouts, but judging by other talk recently, it could well be due to the teams we were playing too. Detroit is just so stacked they are going to have problems finding places for everyone at almost every position. I think it was Kyle Quincey who was specifically targeted by some as a strong candidate for trade as he might not make the Wings and I think it was said he would have to clear waivers, which he wouldn't. Maybe if Chelios is out for a while, that changes things?

As for the Bruins, there seems to be a lot of talk about the potential trade of Marc Savard. I'm sure there are plenty of teams out there who would have interest in a player like him.

As for Dandenault, it seems quite possible he is being showcased, but maybe Carbo wants to see what form he is in and see if he can be of use to our team. With Hammer injured, Bouillon apparently injured after last night, Brisebois just coming back from injury and Markov with a little knock, Dandenault may be called into use for us at some point early in the season. If that is the case, perhaps Carbo just wants him up to speed with the rest of the team for when it matters? Guess we'll find out soon enough either way.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 05:58 AM
wedge

I don't really know what I'm talking about here. I'm just thinking about what I've heard. Is it a possibility that Weber starts the year in Montreal instead of O'Byrne? Here are the reasons:

-O'Byrne is a defensive defenseman. We already have Komi, Hamrlik, Gorges and Bouillon(!!)
-Power Play defensemen: We have Markov and Hamrlik, but I wouldn't put Hamrlik on the 1st PP unit.
-O'byne isn't a veteran. 33 games played in the NHL don't make you a veteran.
-everything I've heard so far is that Weber is clearly outplaying O'Byrne.

so, could it be possible?

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:09 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Honestly, I'd rather keep Kostopoulos than Begin...I think that Kosto brings less energy than Begin but he has more talent, he was very good during the playoffs and he has a better chance of staying healthy during the season. But yeah, at this point, no reason of keeping Dandy.
Agree, he has as much heart but with more talent, will pick up more points and has more size which allows him to stay healthier.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:38 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
chips and max are fighting for a spot and both may get it. They are both ready, well max is very very close. Chips is ready and will play in Montreal. For max to make it one of Begin, kostopolous, dandeneault may need to go.
Maxpac isnt a 4th liner. They wont keep him to play there. If there is an injury in the top 9, then he might get the callup.

Kost - Pleckanec - Kovy
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Lats - Lang - SK

One of those 9 will be hurt before Max play some games. But what a luxury!

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:59 AM
CrossCheck

Is it just me or :

Weber >>> O'Byrne ???

CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:01 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Gros Bill View Post
Ben Maxwell, Matt D'Agostini, Greg Stewart.

MPac and Weber still in play.
****in' right. I hope they play this year. I really like Maxwell but I didnt expect him to make it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
Is it just me or :

Weber >>> O'Byrne ???

Not just you but he's a different kind of defensemen. Carbo needs to keep in though so that he has good chemistry in his NHL09 so he can sim alot of games and still win the Stanley Cup

But in all seriousness I agree with you maybe not with so many greater-than signs but yeah Weber is better than O'Byrne

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Weber
Gorges-O'Byrne

would be delightful.
Boullion traded and Carbo drives a Delorean so Brisebois never signed

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-02-2008 at 12:09 PM.
RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Michel Langevin, CKAC, said this morning that he was told, last night at the Habs game, that MaxPac would be sent to Hamilton right after Saturday's game.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Talent Analyst

Per RDS:

Max Pacioretty, Yannick Weber, Kyle Chipchura, Marc Denis et Alex Henry sont les autres joueurs qui n'ont pas terminé la dernière saison dans la LNH qui sont toujours au camp.

They are still there?

In English, they list the players who weren't finish the year in the NHL last year and are still at the camp.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Maxpac isnt a 4th liner. They wont keep him to play there. If there is an injury in the top 9, then he might get the callup.

Kost - Pleckanec - Kovy
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Lats - Lang - SK

One of those 9 will be hurt before Max play some games. But what a luxury!
i agree but max pac only play's if a winger from the top 3 lines is injured. Maxwell is the replacement for a top 3 center. Chips to me has earned his 4th line center job.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Agalloch

I think maxpac will take the Skost route. 20 games in AHL and after that, NHL.

Agalloch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Toro

with the emergence of max pac i would think that many GM's are asking about Higgins.

I know its been talked about but what if gainey is thinking about moving Higgins etc. for a top Defenceman like Bouwmeester

How about Higgins and O'byrne plus a 3rd rounder for Bouwmeester and a 4th rounder.

I'm not sure i would do this but i bet its close.

this lets us promote Max pac and solidifies our D. plus we still have D'agostini in reserve as an offensive winger that is ready for an injury callup.

i don't make many trade proposals but......

Old
10-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4ticx View Post
I think maxpac will take the Skost route. 20 games in AHL and after that, NHL.
He will take the spot of who???

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Agalloch

I don't know. Which spot Kostitsyn took ?

Agalloch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4ticx View Post
I don't know. Which spot Kostitsyn took ?
Ryder's

Old
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post

I WILL RULE YOU
Like the beard. Is that new?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Per RDS:

Max Pacioretty, Yannick Weber, Kyle Chipchura, Marc Denis et Alex Henry sont les autres joueurs qui n'ont pas terminé la dernière saison dans la LNH qui sont toujours au camp.

They are still there?

In English, they list the players who weren't finish the year in the NHL last year and are still at the camp.
Henry is injured and I am sure they want Denis to work a bit more with Rollie.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:56 AM
otto bond

From what I have seen(bits and pieces of games, highlights) and read, this team is deep.
You got 10 + player in the system that could play on the top 3 line. At least 8 players that could play on the 4th line. We have 3 D-man for top pairing(missing one) and like 4 guys for the 3rd pairing. Price and Halak(probably a #1 on an other team that has no Brodeur,Kipper, Nabokov,Luongo),Denis and Dejardais(I was impress) in net, I believe we are set there.

How do we get that 4th D-man? Who would be a good fit?Here is my top five to target. Not that they are being shop but there where talk about maybe moving.

1.Shea Weber. Big right handed. Would be nice next to Hammer

2.Kevin Bieska. Also right handed Had a bad injury but still a good add

3.Jay Bow. Should be my #1 but with the price tag on him and I'm pretty sure he plays left side.

4.Pavel Kubina This one could be a diamond. Let me explain. Same country of Hammer. Shots right, big and experience and won the cup. Puck moving d-man. My biggest herk is his salary. Also would cost to much to get in a trade.

5.Kaberle.S hots left and could maybe be set up on the pp ala Streit. I believe he is skilled enough for him to play on the right side.

Those choice where bass on my opinion to fill in that right side next to Hammer.
O'Byrne is a big question mark at this time. Does Bob wait a bit or all the season?
Before dead line would perhaps be the best time.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Like the beard. Is that new?
that my friend, is part of the best movie that ever existed, it was a dream come true for me when the day came that a wrestling movie came out

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

No not Stewart.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Fozz

Dandenault might be a spare part but he's a very practical guy to have around. He can fill in anywhere and with his skating and experience, he does provide good energy out there. I wouldn't get rid of him.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote