HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryder Returns - Don't Boo

Old
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post

Ryder, and others get f*!***n high salaries because people are passionate about this. If they weren't, it wouldn't be possible for them to work 20 years in the NHL and retire as millionaires. A player who doesn't understand that is retarded. I'm sure Ryder goes to sleep every night thanking god for habs fans contibuting to raising the Salary cap once again, making it possible for teams to pay overrated one dimensional player 4 millions a year
well said

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
gillyguzzler

Quite the opposite, I'd give a hug and a big thank you for signing elsewhere.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Some people seem to see hockey (and professional sports) as some sort of show, like a concert or a movie. I pay money I want to be entertained. Players are just mercenaries that do their stuff to get paid.

Others see pro sports it as...almost some sort of competition/war. It's us against them. It's normal to hate the other team and make eveything you can do (legally) to have your team win.

The million dollar question: Does booing players in the other team help your team ? The answer seems to be yes. Briere and Chara had bad (as in less great) performances when booed. Also, booing the foe comes together with cheering for your team - and we had some great cheering moments last season.

Therefore, since the answer is yes, then the ones to blame should be the fans in other places that do not boo their opponents. They do not do what they can to help their team, other then paying the entry fee. If you consider your team as part of your family, and not just a group of mercenary entertainers, then booing the opponent is not only accepted, but requested.

I was tired of reading that other teams find it exciting to come and play at the Bell Center because of the crowd. They should not. They should hate it.
Thank you.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

I never boo ex-Habs, except for one player.

And we'll see him and his two earings twice this year at the BC.

I can already hear the taunts.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I never boo ex-Habs, except for one player.

And we'll see him and his two earings twice this year at the BC.

I can already hear the taunts.
Again.....if it's classless for some players, why can't it be classless for all of them? Only based if we liked or disliked them? So some players deserve it while some don't? If so, who decides who does and who doesn't....

It's either classless or not. Period.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
so if saku leaves and comes back to play for another team you will boo him?

twofaced fans.
Comparing Saku and Ryder = fail.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Kriss E

The same people that boo are the ones that cheer at the top of their lungs. They're the ones that make the Bell Centre such an atmosphere packed/passionate arena.
It's thanks tp them that its Sold Out every game and that our players say it's the best place to play hockey. They're the reason why other players come here and say it's unbelievable.

So the stuck up people that find it classless should realize, it's all fun and games. I'd like to know what players feel about ''Booing''..that would be a fun poll.
From what I can remember, most players that get booed always say ''its part of the game, I expected it'' or '' Its always better when you're not on the receiving end of it''...So I doubt any of the players would go as far as labeling it as a ''classless act''. That's really pushing it.

The funniest is that some of the people here whining that it's classless/disrespectful have shown the same type of disrespect towards other posters here just out of a simple difference of opinion.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
What I'm saying is that players couldn't care less if you boo against or cheer for them, as long as you pay your ticket and fill the arena
And provide some noise/atmosphere. Anything to avoid resembling the 20500 cardboard cutouts at Scotiabank.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Again.....if it's classless for some players, why can't it be classless for all of them? Only based if we liked or disliked them? So some players deserve it while some don't? If so, who decides who does and who doesn't....

It's either classless or not. Period.
Hey, I never mentioned class, here, you did.

I was just saying how I usually never boo ex-habs, because I love 99% of all Habs players since I started following the team 24 years ago. This guy is one of the rare ones. For me, most players, ex-Habs, do have class. Yet this particular kid wanted to go on strike when he wasn't even a regular, because he wanted several 100k$ more than what he was offered. I lost all respect for that kid on that day. That's why I don't mind, because to me, it is warranted in his case.

Anyway, I never mind people booing the opposing team's best players. It's a sign of great support for your home team.

Old
10-02-2008, 12:05 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Hey, I never mentioned class, here, you did.

I was just saying how I usually never boo ex-habs, because I love 99% of all Habs players since I started following the team 24 years ago. This guy is one of the rare ones. For me, most players, ex-Habs, do have class. Yet this particular kid wanted to go on strike when he wasn't even a regular, because he wanted several 100k$ more than what he was offered. I lost all respect for that kid on that day. That's why I don't mind, because to me, it is warranted in his case.

Anyway, I never mind people booing the opposing team's best players. It's a sign of great support for your home team.
I thought you were talking about Brière...but now I don't know...Perezhogin? Grabovski?

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I thought you were talking about Brière...but now I don't know...Perezhogin? Grabovski?
Ribeiro

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:14 PM
KovalevDeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The same people that boo are the ones that cheer at the top of their lungs. They're the ones that make the Bell Centre such an atmosphere packed/passionate arena.
It's thanks tp them that its Sold Out every game and that our players say it's the best place to play hockey. They're the reason why other players come here and say it's unbelievable.

So the stuck up people that find it classless should realize, it's all fun and games. I'd like to know what players feel about ''Booing''..that would be a fun poll.
From what I can remember, most players that get booed always say ''its part of the game, I expected it'' or '' Its always better when you're not on the receiving end of it''...So I doubt any of the players would go as far as labeling it as a ''classless act''. That's really pushing it.

The funniest is that some of the people here whining that it's classless/disrespectful have shown the same type of disrespect towards other posters here just out of a simple difference of opinion.

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ribeiro
Eh, no....

Neither those two players went on STRIKE for jsut a several 100k$ more... think about it, he has two earings like I said before. Brière isn't even an ex-hab. That player went on strike when he was in his 2nd or 3rd season, because he wanted a salary of 1 mil, instead of something close to 700k. He then went on to develop into a great player, until he couldn't handle the pressure, especially when he signed another ridiculous contract that he never was up to in term of performances.

Come on guys, this isn't hard. Who's the only Habs, in the last 20 years, to go on strike (only for weeks) because he wanted a bigger contract?

Old
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Eh, no....

Neither those two players went on STRIKE for jsut a several 100k$ more... think about it, he has two earings like I said before. Brière isn't even an ex-hab. That player went on strike when he was in his 2nd or 3rd season, because he wanted a salary of 1 mil, instead of something close to 700k. He then went on to develop into a great player, until he couldn't handle the pressure, especially when he signed another ridiculous contract that he never was up to in term of performances.

Come on guys, this isn't hard. Who's the only Habs, in the last 20 years, to go on strike (only for weeks) because he wanted a bigger contract?
THEOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THEOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
THEOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THEOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Tada!!!

And he's the only ex-Habs or Habs that I ever booed.

And to me, it is warranted.

Old
10-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Micheal Ryder was booed whenever he touched the puck and had his name chanted "in derision."* Are we really so quick to forget our three time goal scoring leader? While he might not have been our best player he was often there for us when times were not so bright. I knew he would probably not expect a great time when he returned to Montreal, but did we really need to boo him in an exhibition game?

I was hoping for more out of our fans.

oh well.

*http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251387&l...=secStory_main
Goes to show that there are moron fans even in our building. I hope Ryder doesn't score against us, but I wish him great luck against the rest of the NHL. Last year he could have whined in the paper most of the year about his playing time and being in the press box but he showed a lot of class, even moreso it being a contract year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Hell, here in Philly we boo Santa Claus. If Ryder didn't come bearing gifts then I would have booed him too

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Hell, here in Philly we boo Santa Claus. If Ryder didn't come bearing gifts then I would have booed him too
Aren't Philly fans the ones who go to the airport and boo bad landings?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Aren't Philly fans the ones who go to the airport and boo bad landings?
As a matter of fact, yes....yes we do

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Judge Sauer*

I really have to go to an Eagles game some day while McNabb is still playing for the team. I love how they're as hardcore about the Eagles that i am about the Habs.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
As a matter of fact, yes....yes we do
So you would know what you're talking about. Booing, I mean. Because a Flyers' fan wouldn't know much about hockey. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Micheal Ryder was booed whenever he touched the puck and had his name chanted "in derision."* Are we really so quick to forget our three time goal scoring leader? While he might not have been our best player he was often there for us when times were not so bright. I knew he would probably not expect a great time when he returned to Montreal, but did we really need to boo him in an exhibition game?

I was hoping for more out of our fans.

oh well.

*http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251387&l...=secStory_main

you take booing too seriously.

the fans are just having a good time.... and dont think the opposing players dont feed off of that... opposing players LOVE coming to the bell centre.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
TheCH*

I am a fan of Ryder. But its good to boo him because the last thing i would want is for him to light it up against us(which for some reason i can see happening). Maybe those boos will get into his head and do us good.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I am a fan of Ryder. But its good to boo him because the last thing i would want is for him to light it up against us(which for some reason i can see happening). Maybe those boos will get into his head and do us good.
That sounds an awful lot like something else that has way more chance to get to Ryder's head.

Old
10-02-2008, 02:23 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
I have to believe that when the crowd boos you as a player, it's the biggest form of flattery there is.

How can anyone hate Ryder? I sincerely doubt anyone does. The fact that he's being boo'ed by our fans is next best tribute short of a standing ovation.