HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Round 6...

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Seachd

vCash: 500
Round 6...

Max Gordichuk...

I think he's Kamloops too.

Old
06-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Lowetide

#136 on ISS, dman, 6'4, 228 (there goes KP!) Born Jan 29/86 and yes he's from Kamloops.

Old
06-27-2004, 09:17 AM
hockeyaddict101

Interesting pick

Guess who his partner was, none other than Tesliuk. He is huge folks, 6'4 and 230 pounds.

Mobility is a question mark but it is getting better but very dependable one on one, so his positioning must be good. Impossible to knock off the puck. Has a very strong shot from the point. Makes a quick, crisp first pass out of the zone.

Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 06-27-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old
06-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Lowetide

He's Tesliuk's d partner for crying out loud. Wonder if they scouted him?

First step is slow, straightaway speed is solid. Awkward, but not slow. Isn't considered mobile, but is generally effective one on one (this sentence could be used on Cory Cross, don't you think?)

Old
06-27-2004, 09:26 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
He's Tesliuk's d partner for crying out loud. Wonder if they scouted him?

First step is slow, straightaway speed is solid. Awkward, but not slow. Isn't considered mobile, but is generally effective one on one (this sentence could be used on Cory Cross, don't you think?)
Looks like the scouts don't differ too much on this one, you and I almost posted the exact same scouting report.

Old
06-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
Looks like the scouts don't differ too much on this one, you and I almost posted the exact same scouting report.
Yeah, so it must be true. Actually, this is working out really well, I think we've got a pretty good descrption of all of these guys. If course, if we'd simply bought programs from Peterborough and Kamloops we could have known all this eahd of time.

Old
06-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Lard_Lad

Awkward is a bit of an understatement, I think. He was very clumsy the couple of times I saw him. I'm normally a sucker for a big, physical defenseman from the WHL, but I don't see Gordichuk making it.

Old
06-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
Awkward is a bit of an understatement, I think. He was very clumsy the couple of times I saw him. I'm normally a sucker for a big, physical defenseman from the WHL, but I don't see Gordichuk making it.
I have seen him play lots over the last couple of years, when he played in Vernon he was big and akward and was pretty much the same in Kamloops. Makes a good first pass, but is a weird skater and mobility is a question mark. Also he needs to get mean!

Old
06-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Oi'll say!

The Oilers now have two complete whl d-tandems in the system - Gordichuk & Tesliuk (with their goalie no less), Lynch & Woywitka.

The Rebs were far higher picks and we all know where they are in terms of development, it will be fun to watch the Blazers work their way up.

Maybe Guy can interview the Blazers all at once when they play in Alberta next season...

Old
06-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Maybe Guy can interview the Blazers all at once when they play in Alberta next season...

I'll be talking to Dubnyk way before that but you can bet I'll be taking in two or three or ten Kamloops games next year.

Old
06-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
I'll be talking to Dubnyk way before that but you can bet I'll be taking in two or three or ten Kamloops games next year.
I was at two of their playoff games against the Giants last year but I obviously didn't have the foresight to key on any of these three.

I thought that their best d-man was Josh Garbutt but I do remember Tesliuk as being big and slick with the puck. Gordichuk I don't rememeber at all.

And Fistric? I don't know what everyone sees in that guy, I think he'll be a pylon in the nhl but I only saw about 6 Giants games altogether.

Old
06-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I was at two of their playoff games against the Giants last year but I obviously didn't have the foresight to key on any of these three.

I thought that their best d-man was Josh Garbutt but I do remember Tesliuk as being big and slick with the puck. Gordichuk I don't rememeber at all.

And Fistric? I don't know what everyone sees in that guy, I think he'll be a pylon in the nhl but I only saw about 6 Giants games altogether.
God when Dallas said Mark Fistric in the first round I almost **** myself. That is a bad bad pick. He is big and slow, bad agility, handles the puck like a timebomb. I guess the only thing I saw of him that was any good was he beat up a European in Exhibition I think it was.

I don't remember much of Tesliuk either, but Gordichuk I do. He is a project player, actually Gordichuk kind of reminds me of Marek Malik of the Canucks. Big, moves the puck but really is not overlly great in one particular area. And needs to get Tuff.

Closed Thread