HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chipchura article on NHL.com

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Marksman

vCash: 500

Check out:

http://www.nhl.com/futures/2004draft...ura062704.html

Old
06-27-2004, 02:31 PM
perezhoginthebest

Good, I think that Chipchura will help the Canadiens.

Old
06-27-2004, 03:23 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

"I like to think I'm pretty good on faceoffs. I've been taking a lot of our important faceoffs. I think a lot of my game is outworking the guys I'm playing against. When I'm out there against another team's top line, my goal is to outwork them."

I simply love his attitude! Looks like a great guy... the kind of guy you would like to be friend with.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens organization, Kyle! Hope you'll have a great time here, supported by the best fans in the entire league!

Old
06-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
He sounds like a genuine guy.. Just the kind of guy I absolutely love. Welcome to Montreal

Old
06-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Before that article, I was like: well, it's not a bad choice but they could have do better...

Now, I'm just like WOW! This guy is gold. His attitude is just amazing and he seem to have better offensive skills then we tought...

Old
06-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Before that article, I was like: well, it's not a bad choice but they could have do better...

Now, I'm just like WOW! This guy is gold. His attitude is just amazing and he seem to have better offensive skills then we tought...

"Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey said his scouting staff gave him a list of a dozen preferred players before the first round and when the Habs' turn came, Chipchura was the highest remaining player on that list"

I hope this shuts up the people who think we didnt go with the BPA theory. BG didnt make this pick, it was the scouting staff.

Old
06-27-2004, 05:14 PM
eddy

His offencive skills aren't the best but underrated, He was #1 NA skater at the mid term ranking and was off to a good start offencivly, then he got a groin injury which affected his skating and his game, his offencive numbers dropped, he missed the top prospects game and the injury affected his rating, his injury then healed and he was able to heat it up again offencivley at the end of the season. If he stays healthy I think he will surprise us next year with his offencive ability. I havn't read the article yet so sorry if it mentions it there, but does anybody know if he's the captain of his WHL team, they talk about his good leadership skills so i'm thinking he must be or atleats going into a leadership position with his team next year but just wondering for sure.

Last edited by eddy: 06-27-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old
06-27-2004, 05:54 PM
rocketlives

Chipchura

I like our 1st round pick. Kyle Chipchura from what I read about him and also from his physical apprearance reminds me of Mike McPhee who scored 200 goals in the NHL and was handy to have around for many other reasons than scoring goals.

This past season, Chipchura apparently suffered a severe groin tear and it slowed him down when he came back. I hope it's not the kind of injury that slows a player down a step for the rest of his career.

Skating and foot speed are very important in the NHL and the lack of same has cut a lot of careers short.

Old
06-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Habs514

I think this was a great pickup but who would you pick as a captain Chris Higgins or Kyle Chipchura?

Old
06-27-2004, 07:22 PM
SpezNc

Like many of yours, i simply like his attitude...

The Calgary Flames out working the Nucks, the Wings, the Sharks, arguably the Lighning and almost win the Cup..

We need player like that... It's fun because our 1st line or 2nd materials prospects also shows great attitude (Kast and Higgs)

Chipchura got heart, desire, dedication, leadership, two-way skills, toughness, grit, pashion, size ...

Welcome Kyle....

Last edited by SpezNc: 06-27-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old
06-27-2004, 07:46 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514
I think this was a great pickup but who would you pick as a captain Chris Higgins or Kyle Chipchura?
Neither, Komisarek is the next one!

Old
06-27-2004, 07:46 PM
blueberry

I was one of the guys that was disappointed by the selection of chipchura. Especially with shremp and mezaros and wolski still available but I must admit after reading this that maybe I'm wrong. I hope so. He does sound like a great guy and what an attitude. It is refreshing to hear this guy speak. I'm still not sure but feel a lot better about the pick now. He may just be what we need to complement what we already have.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:09 PM
FF de Mars

I don't like our pick and I would have liked us to pick a prospect with a higher ceiling than 3rd line checker, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Let's hope he proves me wrong.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

His stock has falled due to a bad injury... We coud say the same thing about Perezhogin that has been seriously injured in his year draft!

Old
06-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Chipchura had a 5 point game against Brandon in the playoffs ..so this kid shows up when the games matter most .he is a beauty .

Old
06-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Marksman

I think people would be better served just waiting Chip to have a full season without injury. Michael Ryder was projected to be 3rd liner before past season, now look where hes now. Would be funny seeing some people here eating their words, though.

Old
06-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514
Saku for the next 10 years. We'll talk about it then.

Closed Thread