HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So... A Wings fan today on the train...

Old
08-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Hawksfan2828

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabby View Post
You've gotta remember that Ozzie spent the last season or so re-learning the game in more of a butterfly style. That has as much to do with his resurgent success as anything. He's always been a talented guy, but very, very streaky. so he polished his fundamentals and came out a brand new goalie.

All throughout the season, Ozzie was fantastic. Hasek was not. All season long, and even into the playoffs, even with the vaunted Detroit Red Wings defense, Hasek managed to put wins in jeopardy. and then Ozzie walks in, coming in relief during the playoffs, no less, and looks like a million bucks.

I'm not saying who's better than whom, but I'm saying that you cannot accurately judge today's Osgood based on his past.
What does that mean?

Ozzy learned how to play butterfly and Hasek wasnt that good so hence Ozzy is better then Hasek?

Khabibulin would make Ozzie look like a fool with your D.

Dan Cloutier could have a GAA with the Wings of under 2.50.

Osgood has a career .914 career save % and thats deso but at the same time he has under a .900 with other teams..

Osgood is a product of his system.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 11:58 AM
35Esposito

Osgood vs. Huet??..hard to argue with a Stanley Cup winner vs. a first round dynamo (Huet).

I'm not sold on Osgood being the goalie who won the Stanley Cup, my personal opinion is he didn't lose it. The Wings defence is amazing and way better than any that Huet has played behind.

So its a matter of oranges vs. apples in my mind

35Esposito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
im suprised at some of you. Your letting a few fans define our organization and what everyone else thinks? Classy right back at-cha...

and personally, no i dont think ozzie is better then huet, but i dont think huet is that good either.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Mac08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
I don't know bout you guys, but I'm getting real sick of the Red Wings and their fans. You should listen to these guys going on and on bout how they are going to repeat. You know the rest of the NFL caught up with the Patriots and the other teams will catch up with the Red Wings.

Stuff like how they did'nt really try in the 8 games they played us. "Oh we had Hasek, and you know....we did'nt like care or anything." Give it a rest already. On the brightside it makes for great hockey and the season series is gonna be wild.
How exactly would any of us fans know whether or not the Red Wings tried, or cared about games against the Blackhawks last season? Because Hasek played? Dom played half the season, and the start of the playoffs, does this mean that they didn't care about those games either? If you actually believe that crap, then you're just as bad as the person who said it.

People on these boards really need to stop picking apples and assuming that the entire tree is rotten.

Mac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Karamazov

Huet might have more raw talent, but right now, based on the numbers and career accomplishments, I'd really have to say Osgood, and I don't think it's just because I'm a Wings fan. Huet is more of a gut pick, but I'm going purely off of what they've done in their careers. Just going into this season it's a wash - could go either way - but if you're just arguing over the better tender I'd say Ozzie.
PS - I like Hawks fans

Karamazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
RabbinsDuck

The Blackhawks were relentless against the Wings on their forechecking last year and really disturbed their control of the game. The Predators, like other Central Division teams are learning, have been able to do the same. In the playoffs, the Wings have been able to overcome this by playing much more physically agressive than they do in the regular season.

Oh, and I was that guy on the train (quit picking your nose!). Osgood is definitely better

Last edited by RabbinsDuck: 10-02-2008 at 02:36 PM.
RabbinsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAvery1616 View Post
Tried to tell me Osgood is better than Huet.

I am starting to think that Wings fans are as bad as Sox fans... he used this excuse, "Who won the cup last year?"...
I've watched both Osgood and Huet extensivley. Its close.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote