HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 offensive lines ? i don't agree ...

Old
10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
3 offensive lines ? i don't agree ...

Last season the Habs with their devastating PP and their 2 offensive first line were the best offensive of the NHL . But we went down in the second playoffs round .

How Gainey's answering ? by going with 3 offensive line ? nah nah ...that's ridiculous !

I want my Habs to go with 4 offensive lines and i want them to score 5 average goals per game , so that they will all get a big fat stanley cup ring ....

Kovalev Plekanec Akost
Tanguay Koivu Higgins
Skost Lang Latendresse
Maxpac Maxwell D'Agostini

Chipchura

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
lol...I thought you were gonna say something negative.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 05:57 PM
goalchenyuk

i want the Habs to beat the highest number of goals by a team in a season . I want Kovalev to gets the Lafleur trophy

Old
10-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post

i want the Habs to beat the highest number of goals by a team in a season . I want Kovalev to gets the Lafleur trophy

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:03 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
lol...I thought you were gonna say something negative.
me too.

Thought he was going to suggest 2 offensive lines and 2 defensive ones Whew

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:13 PM
mcphee

Geez, I was going to argue that you play to the talent at your disposal or that in the cap world, it's hard to pay for elite defensive type forwards so you have to allocate your $ to your offensive talent and shouldn't give equal time to lesser players, then I find it's a joke. I hate thinking for nothing.

You think it's easy ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:13 PM
goalchenyuk

Dandeneault , Bégin , Kostopoulos , Lapierre ?

no way ! i want to see goals

Old
10-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Clumsyhab

I'd love to see that too but it ain't happening. Stephan Lebeau said that he wants 4 offensive lines La Zone last night too. He said that he doesn't understand why our 4th line is untouchable (Lapierre, Begin, Laraque, Kosto), when a lot of people say that if MaxPac makes the team, one of our top 6 winger has to go. Even Michel Bergeron (I rarely agree with him), said he would have kept MaxPac and even D'agostini on his team to create some offense on the 4th line. I really souldn't mind we get score 3-4 times in a game as long as we can score 4-5!

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
1UP

April 03, 2009 The Gazette

Heart attack epidemy claim one more, 3 in severe condition

One more fan of the Montreal Canadiens died yesterday of a severe stroke. Again, like those that claimed the lives of close to a thousand during the year, it was caused by his favorite team, and Québec's foremost Sports Restaurant franchise, La Cage aux Sports.

After the Montréal Canadiens disposed of the Islanders 7-2 in another lopsided win, Maurice Gingras, of Sorel, went to feast on delicious Chicken Wings with 7 of his friends. However, since it was the 24th time in the last 6 months he participated in the Cage's promotion (which, most likely, will be upped to 8 goals next year, the company having posted a spectacular deficit this year), the excitation, alcohol and cholesterol caused an intense stroke during the celebration. The ambulance was unable to arrive on time, as they, too, were busy eating chicken wings in another Cage.

The government is getting ready to issue a statement to promote healthy eating habits, as some called for a provincewide ban on chicken wings. However, as Police chief Dubé said last week, Habs fans are so darn fat now there is no way they'll cause a riot when the Habs win the cup. They'll be in bed at 11.

Mr. Gingras' wife, Ginette, showed little regret. "Now he'll stop talking about those darned Kostitsyn brothers. He even asked me to shave my head so I look almost bald".

As the Montreal Canadiens attempt to acquire their 63rd win against Toronto tomorrow night, we can only hope this will be the last death this year.

---------------------

4 offensive lines is a bad idea. Think of the consequences.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:32 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I'd love to see that too but it ain't happening. Stephan Lebeau said that he wants 4 offensive lines La Zone last night too. He said that he doesn't understand why our 4th line is untouchable (Lapierre, Begin, Laraque, Kosto), when a lot of people say that if MaxPac makes the team, one of our top 6 winger has to go. Even Michel Bergeron (I rarely agree with him), said he would have kept MaxPac and even D'agostini on his team to create some offense on the 4th line. I really souldn't mind we get score 3-4 times in a game as long as we can score 4-5!
I'll go one step further.

What makes some folks think that Maxwell/Chipchura-d'Agostini-Pacioretty would give up more goals in 10-12 minutes per game than Lapierre-Kostopoulos-Begin?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post

One more fan of the Montreal Canadiens died yesterday of a severe stroke. Again, like those that claimed the lives of close to a thousand during the year, it was caused by his favorite team, and Québec's foremost Sports Restaurant franchise, La Cage aux Sports.

After the Montréal Canadiens disposed of the Islanders 7-2 in another lopsided win, Maurice Gingras, of Sorel, went to feast on delicious Chicken Wings with 7 of his friends. However, since it was the 24th time in the last 6 months he participated in the Cage's promotion (which, most likely, will be upped to 8 goals next year, the company having posted a spectacular deficit this year), the excitation, alcohol and cholesterol caused an intense stroke during the celebration. The ambulance was unable to arrive on time, as they, too, were busy eating chicken wings in another Cage.

The government is getting ready to issue a statement to promote healthy eating habits, as some called for a provincewide ban on chicken wings. However, as Police chief Dubé said last week, Habs fans are so darn fat now there is no way they'll cause a riot when the Habs win the cup. They'll be in bed at 11.

Mr. Gingras' wife, Ginette, showed little regret. "Now he'll stop talking about those darned Kostitsyn brothers. He even asked me to shave my head so I look almost bald".

As the Montreal Canadiens attempt to acquire their 63rd win against Toronto tomorrow night, we can only hope this will be the last death this year.

---------------------

Priceless post

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:

---------------------

English medias Always the bad side

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
only thing wrong with this post is assuming the Cage is losing money on this free chicken wing promotion.

Beer Profits >> cost of chicken wings.

They love the deal... anything to get people in your bar drinking beer.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
only thing wrong with this post is assuming the Cage is losing money on this free chicken wing promotion.

Beer Profits >> cost of chicken wings.

They love the deal... anything to get people in your bar drinking beer.
aint that the truth.
any place that sells beer, thats where the money is made.

Old
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
kostitsyn1489

Maybe we should also call up Subban Carle and play Weber.

Have
Weber/Subban
Carle/Brisebois
Brisebois/Torp

as defencemen. And no, i didnt forget markov, you put him in net for so it's like having 3 defencemen.

And Price is at la cage eating chicken wings 3-4times a week so he gains back his 28 pounds so the media stop talking about that.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
The scary part about this whole Thread is that we can actually do it.. Lol

No point in Signing The Rock if it happens (Which it wont)

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Screw that I want 4 defensive lines.

Nevermind, then we'll be the Bruins.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Screw that I want 4 moral* lines.

Nevermind, then we'll be the Bruins.
Fixed

* moral = goon

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:50 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Geez, I was going to argue that you play to the talent at your disposal or that in the cap world, it's hard to pay for elite defensive type forwards so you have to allocate your $ to your offensive talent and shouldn't give equal time to lesser players, then I find it's a joke. I hate thinking for nothing.

You think it's easy ?
Think fast ! when you see a punk coming to your car to wash your windows , yet you ask him ; hey man do you have a loony or a quarter for me , i am hungry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

What makes some folks think that Maxwell/Chipchura-d'Agostini-Pacioretty would give up more goals in 10-12 minutes per game than Lapierre-Kostopoulos-Begin?

Why Kovalev , Plekanec and AKost would give up more goals in 10-12 minutes per game than Lapierre , Kostopoulos , Bégin ?

Old
10-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

Even if they didn't. What would we do with Laps/Kosto/Begin/Laraque/Dandy??
I also don't think the 4th line will get 10-12min this year, maybe close to 6-8min is more like it. So I think putting Maxwell/D'Ago/Pac in AHL would be better for them. Im also not convinced MAx/D'Ago are truly NHL ready.
Chipper has the biggest chance to stay here, for the others, im pretty they're doing down.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The whole point of having Laraque Lapierre Begin on the 4tgh is for toughness, energy and PK. I know the 4 scoring lines thing is a joke but...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I've never seen the OP's username before, yet I can't read the original post... what gives?

edit: must have been doing some drunk hf-ing at some point...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I've never seen the OP's username before, yet I can't read the original post... what gives?
formely known as #ZAMBONI#

Old
10-02-2008, 11:00 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post

edit: must have been doing some drunk hf-ing at some point...
You can't see me ? That 's sad because this thread is a must read

Old
10-03-2008, 05:00 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

We actually could role 4 offensive lines and be okay. We'd have to re-work a few of the lines, but it could be done.

A. Kost - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay
Higgins - Plekanec - S. Kost
Pacioretty - Chipchura - D'Agostini
Lapierre, Laraque

Pacioretty - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Plekanec - A. Kost
Tanguay - Koivu - D'Agostini
Higgins - Chipchura - S. Kost
Lapierre, Laraque

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote