HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder Returns - Don't Boo

Old
10-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Judge Sauer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
yo bros, I just bought a pair of tickets to the home opener just so I can be a classless and dirty Habs fan and boo Ryder. I will also kick a Boston Terrier puppy on my way to the game. It will be awesome. I hope no one calls the Ethics Police!
Don't forget to throw a Boston Cream Pie at the dog afterwards.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
BoNeS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Hey, look at the new guy trying to get noticed.

Yes, I'm a new guy. Not because I don't have 6,000 posts like you that makes me a new guy. Not because I wasnt registered since 2002, make me less important then you or anyone else in here.

One thing I know is, I follow the Habs since 1987, and I go to like 10 games a year (yet I have to buy them all on eBay cauz those ****ing scalpers buy them all)

So get off my nuts for Price sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
They were probably accountants then.

Damn accountants.
Well actually, I'm a business man in the making. I'm studying to be an accountant. I'm just doing that to get free tickets to the game. I don't care about the job

Btw, you can stop making fun of me because I can't use words correctly. Sorry if this is my 2nd language.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-02-2008 at 06:33 PM.
BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post

Yes, I'm a new guy. Not because I don't have 6,000 posts like you that makes me a new guy. Not because I wasnt registered since 2002, make me less important then you or anyone else in here.

One thing I know is, I follow the Habs since 1987, and I go to like 10 games a year (yet I have to buy them all on eBay cauz those ****ing scalpers buy them all)

So get off my nuts for Price sake.
GTFO NOOB!!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Well actually, I'm a business man in the making. I'm studying to be an accountant. I'm just doing that to get free tickets to the game. I don't care about the job

Btw, you can stop making fun of me because I can't use words correctly. Sorry if this is my 2nd language.
Relax dude... disturbate is a funny word cause its kinda like a word that describes what this smiley is doing....
We won't make fun of you if English is your second language, unless you use a word that is really funny like that.

They are just playing with you.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Relax dude... disturbate is a funny word cause its kinda like a word that describes what this smiley is doing....
We won't make fun of you if English is your second language, unless you use a word that is really funny like that.

Bad choice of words in that last sentence there...

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Bad choice of words in that last sentence there...
You didn't like my pun

Old
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
You didn't like my pun
I should have realized that was on purpose. It's been a long day.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
BoNeS42

Quote:

Wtf I didnt know that word meant that eh It's all good then. I just tought they wanted to act like dick

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-02-2008 at 08:37 PM.
BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:45 PM
number 11

Ryder sucks

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
Ryder sucks
Word

I think I saw him cry

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:45 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post

Don't compare our longest serving captain with a chockeux with no heart.
it like apple and oranges.

I really don't feel a need to thank Ryder. He was so disapointing, you won't see Bonk, Smolinsky, Huet get booed... (well I hope)

But the way Ryder played and is attitude of last year I think thanking him would have been a mistake...

Do you think Theo won't get tease... he will, even if he won a Vezina and hart for us...

I just don't know why people are waiting for every single opportunity to say our fans are dumb
One thing about HF Boards, it really paints a picture for you of the fanbases for each club, and I have to say, it's been a real eye-opener here in terms of Canadiens fans.

Sure, there's lots of passionate fans, but I'm constantly amazed at how many truly clueless fans there are here as well.

To dismiss the efforts of Michael Ryder, who worked his way through the clubs system, played well in the American league then busted his ass and made the team out of camp when nobody expected him to do so, then promptly became a 30-goal scorer in the NHL is nothing short of ignorant.

I would seriously call into question your knowledge of the game and of the Canadiens if you have an issue with his time here in Montreal. And what exactly was your issue with his "attitude" last year? I'd love to hear this one.

By the way, the last sentence of your post couldn't be more ironic.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Wtf I didnt know that word meant that eh It's all good then. I just tought they wanted to act like ****s
well its not exactly the word... disturbate isn't a real word... i think you wanted to use Disturb instead. The other word rhymes with it though.

Also please don't call other members names, or bypass the **** filter by using other letters. Thanks.

Old
10-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Prrebel

Why was Ryder booed so soundly?

What did Ryder do to draw the ire of Habs fans at the game Wednesday night?

- He left town, not because he wanted to. He wasn't offerered a contract, so he didn't turn down the Habs.
- He toiled and gave everything he had to the franchise over the last 7 years.
- He led the team in scoring twice (though he was viled for his +/- 2 seasons ago, fans forget that Souray had a worse +/- and Koivus was almost as bad)
- He loved the city and still has a condo there.

So why are the fans in Montreal treating him like judas, other than the fact that he is a bruin? There were 20 other Bruins on the ice that did not raise such an ire.

Prrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

He's a Bruin.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Iwishihadacup

He's a Bruin, and whe hate them

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:18 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

It should be known that my standard for booing previous players isn't a broad one, and it only applies to players who go directly from Montreal to Boston of their own accord. On 28 other teams (okay maybe 26.. Toronto and Ottawa are iffy), I wish Ryder well and might even cheer him. Not on Boston.

10-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Since the bellcentre opened, I have been to 3 games in the red...all 3 times I was next to clowns that didnt watch the game.
I agree with you JD. Everytime I go as a "suit" I have a very hard time following the game. Nobody pays much attention other than in the dying minutes of the third.

Suits go to games for reasons other than the game.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 10:25 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I agree with you JD. Everytime I go as a "suit" I have a very hard time following the game. Nobody pays much attention other than in the dying minutes of the third.

I only went once as a suite (IBM lounge FTW) and we paid attention to the game and cheered and cursed. We talked business between periods.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

The red section sucks. I went there a dozen times, and I always have a lot more fun when I'm up next to the last row.

The higher your seats are, the better the atmosphere.
Desjardins section is great for all the free food though, that was awesome.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
I only went once as a suite (IBM lounge FTW) and we paid attention to the game and cheered and cursed. We talked business between periods.
I used to work for a firm that had a luxury suite, everytime I was there I was actually "working" and often my clients had more interest in talking, eating and drinking than watching most of the game.

Now, I'm a "client" so everytime I get invited I'm bieng talked to often by people with little hockey knowledge or interest.

When I actually want to enjoy a game and not work, I gotta pay my own tickets.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
AD

Quote:
Wtf I didnt know that word meant that eh It's all good then. I just tought they wanted to act like dick

Quote:
I used to work for a firm that had a luxury suite, everytime I was there I was actually "working" and often my clients had more interest in talking, eating and drinking than watching most of the game.

Now, I'm a "client" so everytime I get invited I'm bieng talked to often by people with little hockey knowledge or interest.

When I actually want to enjoy a game and not work, I gotta pay my own tickets.
Next time I get the corporate tickets dog.. I'll invite you.

I usually get them about twice a month.. but I won't know until 6ish - 7ish pm. Can you be free quick?

We'll stand and scream and boo and throw beer around us at the managing partner of my firm.. it'll be great..

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:53 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel View Post

- He left town, not because he wanted to. He wasn't offerered a contract, so he didn't turn down the Habs.
- He led the team in scoring twice (though he was viled for his +/- 2 seasons ago, fans forget that Souray had a worse +/- and Koivus was almost as bad)

So why are the fans in Montreal treating him like judas, other than the fact that he is a bruin? There were 20 other Bruins on the ice that did not raise such an ire.
Logically, Habs fans shouldn't have booed Ryder. I don't think that there was anybody in the building who didn't recognize he was a solid contributor to the franchise over the last few years... but he's a Bruin. A Bruin! Of course some of the people there are going to razz him, that's what fans do.

By the way, don't feel too sorry for Ryder. He probably laughed about the booing after the game, then went out on the town, picked up four chicks (moderately unattractive ones judging by pictures we've seen) and slept with them on top of a giant pile of money in his Montreal condo. It's a tough life being a former Hab who just cashed in bigtime on the FA market.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
Logically, Habs fans shouldn't have booed Ryder. I don't think that there was anybody in the building who didn't recognize he was a solid contributor to the franchise over the last few years... but he's a Bruin. A Bruin! Of course some of the people there are going to razz him, that's what fans do.

By the way, don't feel too sorry for Ryder. He probably laughed about the booing after the game, then went out on the town, picked up four chicks (moderately unattractive ones judging by pictures we've seen) and slept with them on top of a giant pile of money in his Montreal condo. It's a tough life being a former Hab who just cashed in bigtime on the FA market.
Actually, and I'm a big crowd defender though I've acknowledge that some of them are truly stupid, Rivet might get the same treatment and he's a Sabre. Samsonov might have it as well but he's a Canes. Don't think it has a lot to do with being a Bruins.....It has to do with a dissapointing ending, some comments and it doesn't take much more than this. Now the "i hate to shovel" Rivet and "I've been mistreated" Samsonov, might be the same treatment.

And if there's a guy who was a real Habs, it was Rivet. I would gladly welcome him in Montreal, I liked his character, his fights, how he sacrificed himself for the team....but next time he'll play, you'll see what the crowd remember most, all of his years in Montreal, or his latest comments when he was in San Jose. And that's the part I don't like about the crowd but that's how it is. We can start a thread every single time it happens, you'll see as many threads about the crowd booing than about a Ribeiro's points......strangely the first one is fine while the second one is an old story we should be over with and stop living in the past. But the fact that the crowd boos their own players, the ex-habs players and the great players from the other teams are a well-known fact now and starting a thread about it is just as old as keeping tracks of our ex-habs IMHO. It doesn't make it acceptable, but that's how it is.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel View Post

It wasn't enough.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 03:27 PM
BadHabit

Amazing what one bad year (where he still scored more points than Latendresse with less games) will do to a player in some fans eyes. I also find it amusing that some people can't tell the difference between his laid back personality and him "not caring". There were very few games I didn't see him hustle on the ice.

Typical "fans".

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote