HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nik Z dangles Jersey

Old
09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Bury Your Head

vCash: 500
This thread needs to be closed. This is getting ridiculous.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm not going to get into an insult war with you, obviously that is where you have to bring it to get your point across. Wait you didn't even do that. You don't deserve a bone. I don't want him to fail, the playoffs depend on him not failing. It's just the fact that fans are on here ready to dump Prucha for a pick and drooling over this guy just pisses me off. Zherdev can do no wrong on the board it seem yet a guy like Prucha who is HUSTLING his ass off gets chased out of town. I am entitled to my opinion even if it's not the popular one of the board, I can think for myself and not just agree with whatever is written.

When I post on the board I dont expect everyone to agree with me, but to sit here and try to insult me when you disagree is just childish. And what kind of problems do you have to get so riled up about a post on a friggin msg board? Got it, dude?
Yes Prucha hustles and what not BUT HE DOES NOT PRODUCE. And he hasnt been producing since that hit he took from Turner Stevenson a couple seasons ago in Philly. Now I'm not saying he's playing scared but it has a had a serious effect on him. He plays with heart I'll give him that, but lets face the facts the guy hasnt been able to finish, doesnt have good judgement of when to let a shot ago instead of passing which hes done too much of, he cant hit the one timer and if he does its not accurate, and he's not a game breaker.

Zherdev is all those things. I dont care if he doesnt have 5 goals because preseason means nothing in terms of production. Preseason is for getting in shape, adjusting to new teammates, and preparing for the actual season. They dont give out awards for how much you produced at the end of preseason. Zherdev is a game breaker with a TON of skill. And he has shown it with the way he has handled the puck when its on his blade. Theres a huge difference between Zherdev and Prucha, in fact Prucha shouldnt even be brought up in this thread because he nowhere near in the same league as Zherdev. Zherdev with an OK season last year STILL produced 20+ goals and 30+ assists in a system that wasnt too offensive minded and dependent on NASH. Zherdev is traded to the Rangers, a team in which is being transformed into a faster and more threatening offense which will be DEPENDENT ON ZHERDEV'S PRODUCTION. He should easily score 30+ goals and have 35-40+ assists. If he does not,...then you can gladly come on here and say whatever you like about him.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
hashmarks

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being his sickest move--this was about a 2.

If this goal has you guys drooling, you better go out and get some "Bounty"!

If you ever get the chance, take a look at the toe-hook he has on his stick. It is actually amazing it is legal. With a stick like he has, this move is basically 'stick-handling for dummies' in Z's arsenal.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:01 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

What the... ? I basically uploaded it not only because of the nifty little move, but it's his 1st goal in a NYR sweater.. (:

Jeez.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 03:53 PM
JacketsIslesFan

That was a snipe.

Nice - I'm happy for Z.

JacketsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being his sickest move--this was about a 2.

If this goal has you guys drooling, you better go out and get some "Bounty"!

If you ever get the chance, take a look at the toe-hook he has on his stick. It is actually amazing it is legal. With a stick like he has, this move is basically 'stick-handling for dummies' in Z's arsenal.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Oh and I think the Zherdev love fest has gone just far enough when someone really believes he is a better player than Mats Sundin.
Choices between a 23 year old player with very high potential. or a 37 year old player that can't decide on Steak or Chicken? Yeah real hard choice

Old
10-02-2008, 04:02 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
You guys will see that toe-drag at least 50,000 times this season.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Good to know

Old
10-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
I wouldn't mind that.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
One thing the Rangers have been missing the last few years is offensive creativity... toe drags are very welcome.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
One thing the Rangers have been missing the last few years is offensive creativity... toe drags are very welcome.
uhhhhh, what about jagr?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
uhhhhh, what about jagr?
Jagr wasnt creative like Zherdev is like. Jagr was probably the most creative player with pittsburgh though, but with NYR he usually did the same thing multiple times during games.

Old
10-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Jagr wasnt creative like Zherdev is like. Jagr was probably the most creative player with pittsburgh though, but with NYR he usually did the same thing multiple times during games.
that kind of sounds like what the Blue Jackets fan was saying about zherdev and his toe drag

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Wow man seriously? Lets see Zherdev come in and break the scoring record in his first year by himself since he is so much more creative than Jagr.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Harrison Ford

Nice shot, but the only thing i see is the scoreboard.

I think he will put up a 65-70 point season, very similar to Parise type numbers.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Hockey2000nyr

Quote:
I'm not going to get into an insult war with you, obviously that is where you have to bring it to get your point across. Wait you didn't even do that. You don't deserve a bone. I don't want him to fail, the playoffs depend on him not failing. It's just the fact that fans are on here ready to dump Prucha for a pick and drooling over this guy just pisses me off. Zherdev can do no wrong on the board it seem yet a guy like Prucha who is HUSTLING his ass off gets chased out of town. I am entitled to my opinion even if it's not the popular one of the board, I can think for myself and not just agree with whatever is written.

When I post on the board I dont expect everyone to agree with me, but to sit here and try to insult me when you disagree is just childish. And what kind of problems do you have to get so riled up about a post on a friggin msg board? Got it, dude?
prucha has been here for three years, he shouldnt have to be needing to make the team, after his rookie season he was expected to be on the team and be a consistent goal scorer, last year even though he didnt get powerplay time he really shot himself in the foot.

zherdev had a good year last year, has young, being only 23, he has awesome talent, and im pretty excited about him, hes played very well this whole preseason but remember its just that, PRESEASON. prucha hasnt been as much of a contributor as zherdev has to the preseason games. pruchas had one really good game so far and that was really it. (that ive seen, idk how he did overseas). and zherdev is actually going to be playing with guys who can play with him and keep up with him, which will help him develop even more. im looking for a year like he had last year from him but if he can deliver even more then that i would be willign to say that we stole him from columbus.

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Wow man seriously? Lets see Zherdev come in and break the scoring record in his first year by himself since he is so much more creative than Jagr.
I think you're seriously confusing "creative" with "talented."

Jagr is clearly more talented than Zherdev, but Zherdev can definitely do more with the puck. Jagr was just a bit better at protecting it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:56 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
uhhhhh, what about jagr?
Jagr wasn't what I would call 'creative' in his years with NY. In no way is that a knock on him, though, he was outstanding. You just could not knock the guy off the puck... he played more like a power forward.

Very rarely did I find myself going "Wow, what a sick move by Jagr!" It was more like "wow, this team just has no answer for the big man." He was not flashy.

Zherdev is flash personified, and that is going to be his greatest asset, and also the most infuriating thing from a fan's POV. I watch hockey to be entertained, and Zherdev most certainly entertaining.

PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Bury Your Head

I could see Zherdev getting a bit repetitive but if he scores goals, I really couldn't care less.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 03:40 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Huh? How could you misinterpret my post that badly?

I was simply stating that 'that ain't nuthin'' in regards to Z's toe-drag capabilities. Kind of a standard wrister for him really.

Old
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
Huh? How could you misinterpret my post that badly?

I was simply stating that 'that ain't nuthin'' in regards to Z's toe-drag capabilities. Kind of a standard wrister for him really.
Then I am sorry, I mis-read your post.

Old
10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Then I am sorry, I mis-read your post.
No worries. I always LOVED watching Zherdev handle the puck, especially through the neutral zone. The friggin' puck looks like it is stuck to his blade. He has skills that will pull you out of your seat without a doubt.

In the end, he wasn't going to fit in the jackets lineup and I am very happy with both Tyutin AND Backman. Although Tyutin isn't flash or doesn't have jaw dropping skills like Z, I think he will help us win just as many games...if not more.

Backman has been far better than advertised. He has really good skills and, sure he has made some mistakes, but nothing substantial or over and above what any other player has.

Old
10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think you're seriously confusing "creative" with "talented."

Jagr is clearly more talented than Zherdev, but Zherdev can definitely do more with the puck. Jagr was just a bit better at protecting it.
Yeah I will go with the one that breaks team records, whichever it is, creativity or talent. It's pretty hard to argue but I would still put JJ ahead in both catagories. If JJ wasn't that creative here it's because of the system he played in. I'm very interested to see how Renney handles his "creativeness" on a nightly basis.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote