HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off the Garon BW, in the Theo one

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Off the Garon BW, in the Theo one

I was willing to put aside Theo's whole 02-03 season and 01-02 playoffs debacle against the Canes (which was more of a team debacle though) if he'd know a strong showing in the playoffs this season. I was disapointed in Theodore's playoffs performance because I felt it was a big opportunity for him to cement his position among the top 5. Instead he kind of slipped into the late top 10 on my list. He did not come through as far as I'm concerned.

Considering Gainey's post season press conference I felt Gainey and the habs shared a bit of the skepticism toward our number one, especially since he wasn't there to witness Theodore's claim to fame back in 01-02.

I have been one of Garon's strongest supporters. I always thought he had the package to be just as good (if not better) than Theodore. I would have liked Garon to challenge and ultimately steal Theodore's spot somewhere between the end of the next season and the beginning of the 05-06 one. But that was a dream. I can now see it for what it was.

Needless to say I was out to lunch on that one. I would have never thought Gainey would deal Garon this summer. I was so surprised that I let my feelings toward Garon stand in the way of my evaluation of Gainey's trade. Now that the dust has settled on my roasted crow I find its taste not as bitter as I would have first believed.

So the reason I'm making this thread is to express my full support toward Theodore. And hoping he can build on the newly given confidence by Gainey to show he can be just as good when everything is on the line i.e. the playoffs. Call me a bandwagon jumper, fairweather fan if you will but I'd rather see myself as a Habs fan with a lifelong membership.

No longer will I raise doubts about Theodore and if I was ever stupid enough (or drunk enough) to do so again, the posting of a link to this thread should put me back in my rightful place among mere wannabe armchair GMs.

Gainey has made a statement and this not so humble fan is listening.

Go Theo go ! Make me look like a fool !

(C'mon ax˛+bx+c, smail, rocketlives, join the Theo bandwagon )

Old
06-28-2004, 10:49 AM
rocketlives

Theos in Greek means God.

Old
06-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
Theos in Greek means God.

Thanx for not letting my confessions go into obscurity !

Old
06-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛
I was willing to put aside Theo's whole 02-03 season and 01-02 playoffs debacle against the Canes (which was more of a team debacle though) if he'd know a strong showing in the playoffs this season. I was disapointed in Theodore's playoffs performance because I felt it was a big opportunity for him to cement his position among the top 5. Instead he kind of slipped into the late top 10 on my list. He did not come through as far as I'm concerned.

Considering Gainey's post season press conference I felt Gainey and the habs shared a bit of the skepticism toward our number one, especially since he wasn't there to witness Theodore's claim to fame back in 01-02.

I have been one of Garon's strongest supporters. I always thought he had the package to be just as good (if not better) than Theodore. I would have liked Garon to challenge and ultimately steal Theodore's spot somewhere between the end of the next season and the beginning of the 05-06 one. But that was a dream. I can now see it for what it was.

Needless to say I was out to lunch on that one. I would have never thought Gainey would deal Garon this summer. I was so surprised that I let my feelings toward Garon stand in the way of my evaluation of Gainey's trade. Now that the dust has settled on my roasted crow I find its taste not as bitter as I would have first believed.

So the reason I'm making this thread is to express my full support toward Theodore. And hoping he can build on the newly given confidence by Gainey to show he can be just as good when everything is on the line i.e. the playoffs. Call me a bandwagon jumper, fairweather fan if you will but I'd rather see myself as a Habs fan with a lifelong membership.

No longer will I raise doubts about Theodore and if I was ever stupid enough (or drunk enough) to do so again, the posting of a link to this thread should put me back in my rightful place among mere wannabe armchair GMs.

Gainey has made a statement and this not so humble fan is listening.

Go Theo go ! Make me look like a fool !

(C'mon ax˛+bx+c, smail, rocketlives, join the Theo bandwagon )

Great post!!!

Old
06-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov

Old
06-28-2004, 01:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛

[/SIZE]

wow, that's exactly how I feel. I am a big Garon fan, and thought he would have a shot at stealing Theo's job in '05-'06, and never expect Gainey to move Garon. I was very pissed, it ruined the entire draft for me, as I still think it's stinks. I am not a big Theodore fan, I don't think he is or will ever be an elite goalie. His playoff performances just don't enstill a lot of confidence in him, as he's been good, bad, great, average so far. But now it's fullly up to Theodore, hope he's up to the task, if not this board will be nuts with Crosby talk.

Old
06-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Karl Pilkington

As my custom user title used to say: THEO IS HERE TO STAY

I've been a Theo activist during the whole Garon vs Theodore debate... I'm glad to see many people jumping back on the JT Bandwagon.. and I'm glad Garon will get a chance to be a superstart somewhere.. I love Garon and didn't want to see him collecting dust in the backup position.. but I also didnt want to see him take Theo's spot. I was torn.. but now I don't have to be..

I'm looking forward to any LA vs Habs games we'll see next season...

Closed Thread