HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Potter and Brian Fahey cut

Old
10-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Turambar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
hmmm, people said the same thing about trading Beezer, and Gartner, and Amonte, but who won the cup that year?
That makes no sense. Gartner wasn't a 2nd-year player with a ton of upside. He was already a veteran. Beezer was traded because we already had a better, younger alternative in Richter. You're proposing the opposite, trading a young promising player to acquire someone who might play another year. That would be taking the ultimate step backward, and is the exact mentality that had the Rangers in so much trouble for the better part of a decade.

Quote:
If a trade is made and we win the cup cause of it, I am all for it.
You're dreaming. Moving Dubinsky to add Sundin isn't going to make us even a Cup contender, let alone a Cup favorite. To think so is beyond naive. And to compare the situation to what happened in '94 is just completely ass-backwards.

Quote:
The cupboard is stocked with talent, so there are no worries.
Since when is the cupboard "stocked with talent"? How many high-skill guys do we have? Cherepanov, and that's all, and we're not even sure he'll ever play a single NHL game. Anisimov is a good prospect, but beyond that, there's almost nothing in terms of high-end offense.

You don't trade one of your best young players so that you can pickup a has-been, period.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Pretty much on the same page with you Jeff.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Sundin is going to get signed.......At which point, even Dubinksy could be traded.
I stab you in the eye with a red hot poker for making such blasphemous remarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
My question, do Potter and Fahey physically get on a place and come home now? Could be a mess if a defenseman gets hurt in the first TBL game, although I imagine Rissmiller or Betts could play defense in a pinch.
I'm sure the transfer will be paper only. It'd be foolish to send them back across the Atlantic and risk injury.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Renney play Prucha in Prague, hoping for him to have a couple great games, to up his confidence and trade value.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Sjostrom-Korpikoski-Callahan

Prucha-Fritsche-Rissmiller

Someone please tell me how Sjostrom earned a 3rd-line spot over Fritsche, or even over Prucha?
It doesn't seem like any of these 6 have earned anything yet, with the possible exception of Korpikoski. Prucha had his shot with Korp and now it's Sjo's turn to show what he can do with that line. I wouldn't be surprised is one of these lines is the 3rd line for the 1st game, one is the 3rd line for the second, and the real decision will be made as soon as everyone gets back to NY.

Quote:
Beezer was traded because we already had a better, younger alternative in Richter.
Don't forget that he sure to be lost in the upcoming expansion draft without compensation.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 10:59 AM
RangerBlueJay*

How Betts still has a place here, is still beyond my comprehension..
Hey he wins a few faceoffs woohoo!

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I'm disappointed that Potter was sent down. In my mind, he earned a spot in the top-6, let alone the 7th spot. Mara is worthless, and he surely isn't a 2nd-pair guy as he was played in practice today.
I agree, I like what I saw from Potter, he seems much more sure of himself than Mara, who i believe is pretty worthless too.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Levitate

honestly, why would signing Sundin have anything to do with trading Dubinsky?

Dubinsky doesn't even make that much money, so they're not going to clear much cap space.

You're in some fantasy land, dude

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:37 AM
E-Train

ugh, first the misleading "trade in the works" thread and now trade Dubinsky to sign Sundin.

E-Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Fritsche and Korps better be on that opening night roster. If I see Prucha and Sjostrom over them too, I'll seriously lose a lot of respect for Renney after all he's done here. Renney has generally done right thing when it comes to roster moves and to some this may be such a minor thing...but for the fans who know that you need to have 4 lines these days that have the potential to score, you wanna make the right decision on those bottom two line...

Prucha has been AWFUL this whole preseason. He hasnt capitalized at all!!! The same way he hasnt been capitalizing these past two years. He took a lot of shots against Bern but he came up EMPTY as usual. And all he's really done out there is get sent into the air by opposing players. Sjostrom is another guy who hasnt done much either.

Give me the younger, bigger, and just as quick or quicker Korpikoski over the non-existent Prucha

And give me the gritty Fritsche who can put the puck in the net here and there over the "I've done nothing since ive been here" Sjostrom
absolutely....Korpedo/Fritche better than Sjostrom/Prucha...they love to skate around fast and do nothing, though.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlueJay View Post
Maybe you should do a little research on what a 4th line center should be, because Betts is the prototype.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:42 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

I really dont want anything to do with Mats "cant make a decision" Sundin the guy doesnt know what he wants and even the mention of trading Dubinsky just pisses me off. i have said it before and i will say it again Hank, Dubi and Staal should be on this team for a very long time maybe even their whole careers.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:55 AM
pzilla3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlueJay View Post
He's great on the pk, you need role players on a team. Everyone can't be Spezza.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
NYROrtsFan

Those D-Pairings are awful...

You have your two better passing defensemen on the same pair and then you have Mara (who shouldn't even be a top 6) on the 2nd pair with someone like Staal who he showed little chemistry with last year. Staal and Mara are both guys who don't have exceptional range by any means. Girardi is so much better than being paired with a guy like Kalinin...

Sjostrom sucks and I really don't have an idea why he is thought well of at all. He's a great guy in the locker room but that obviously didn't prove to mean much last year. He's fast but doesn't hit with any force and can't score. Waste. Fritche brings more to the table in regards to that.

Will be interesting to see how that Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev line does defensively. Dawes sucks defensively and Zherdev isn't great. Dubinsky is good there but he can play an undisciplined style.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Hey you gotta love eklund too posting "something up in ranger land" at the very moment. He says
Quote:
The Rangers today decided to tell two of the young d-men that they are going to Hartford when the team returns to the Mainland....Why tell them this now when the team is still in Europe? Are the Rangers really going to carry on six defenseman when they return? Something is up and I am on it...
This is why I go to his site every day, to read the funnies. It's like the comics in the newspaper. But back to reality, how does Orr have a spot? Enough of the we need an enforcer. If Renney wants to have a more offensive 4th line like he said, how does Orr help?

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:12 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
He's great on the pk, you need role players on a team. Everyone can't be Spezza.
Betts brings value to the team... He does everything you want a 4th line center to do. Wins defensive faceoffs, plays a great defensive game, takes the body occasionally, good speed and can pressure teams. You aren't going to get goals out of a 4th line anyway so there is no point on having an offensive player there. Get someone who brings the other elements to the table.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
The Betts debate kind of reminds of when Doug Mientkiewicz was playing first base for the Yankees a few seasons ago. Every one was getting on him because of his hitting. Well look, the guy was brought in to play defense not to hit. With that line up something is wrong if people are getting on him. The same goes for Betts. If people are getting on him for scoring, something must be wrong and the top 6 aren't doing their jobs. Just my take on this.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
NYReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Hey you gotta love eklund too posting "something up in ranger land" at the very moment. He says

"The Rangers today decided to tell two of the young d-men that they are going to Hartford when the team returns to the Mainland....Why tell them this now when the team is still in Europe? Are the Rangers really going to carry on six defenseman when they return? Something is up and I am on it..."
Apparently the NHL insider doesn't understand the 23 man roster limit and thinks our whole organization is eligible for tomorrow's game.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Apparently the NHL insider doesn't understand the 23 man roster limit and thinks our whole organization is eligible for tomorrow's game.
great catch... what more proof do people need that the guy is a moron?

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
cmb572

sucks that potter got cut but im sure well see him throughout the year . im just really happy korp made it!

cmb572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
great catch... what more proof do people need that the guy is a moron?
Yesterday he said there was a trade in the works of Savard for Bieksa+ but then posted a picture of Savard and H Sedin, honestly the guy doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
NYR Viper

pissed potter got sent down.....

a trade needs to happen.....prucha+sjostrom for a couple picks would make th emost sense......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Chimp

Why so much hate on Sjöström? He is basically the same player as Callahan, only he is better defensively, a faster skater, has equal scoring ability, equal work ethics and is better at holding on to the puck. The only thing is Callahan's 2 years younge... oh, wait, nevermind...

Last edited by Chimp: 10-03-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy121 View Post
I feel they have something in mind to trade Prucha, but have the decency to wait till after Prague.
That makes a lot of sense................don't want to do it now but when they come back he could be moved for picks

I mean if he was going to get a chance they could start the freaking guy on the 3rd line tommorow instead of Sjostrom........he played a good last game

oh wells we'll see

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Why so much hate on Sjöström? He is basically the same player as Callahan, only he is better defensively, a faster skater, has equal scoring ability, equal work ethics and is better at holding on to the puck. The only thing is Callahan's 2 years younge... oh, wait, nevermind...
Actually if you think about the line it is pretty good .............fast, responsible defensively and can chip in with goals...........I will let that one go

BUT for the 4th line if they want more scoring then dress Voros, Betts, Fritsche

Orr is good to be in when they need a extra tough guy

Notice Rissmiller is never mentioned as a possiblility,haha

Old
10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Vitto79

ohhhhhh Eklund

The Rangers Are Up to Something...

The Rangers today decided to tell two of the young d-men that they are going to Hartford when the team returns to the Mainland....

Why tell them this now when the team is still in Europe?

Are the Rangers really going to carry on six defenseman when they return?

Something is up and I am on it...

Stay tuned...MUCH more to come.

He's a hoooooot!...................hmmmm maybe they told them because they freaking had to Einstein............they needed to set their freaking roster and they were the only ones left with options

BUT a deal will likely happen,hah