HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryder Returns - Don't Boo

Old
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
One thing about HF Boards, it really paints a picture for you of the fanbases for each club, and I have to say, it's been a real eye-opener here in terms of Canadiens fans.

Sure, there's lots of passionate fans, but I'm constantly amazed at how many truly clueless fans there are here as well.

To dismiss the efforts of Michael Ryder, who worked his way through the clubs system, played well in the American league then busted his ass and made the team out of camp when nobody expected him to do so, then promptly became a 30-goal scorer in the NHL is nothing short of ignorant.

I would seriously call into question your knowledge of the game and of the Canadiens if you have an issue with his time here in Montreal. And what exactly was your issue with his "attitude" last year? I'd love to hear this one.

By the way, the last sentence of your post couldn't be more ironic.
OK; First, I have never been a fan of him, just like Pierre Dagenais, he is a guy that have a wrist shot, that is all, can't skate, can't pass, can't play in is own zone. A one dimensional player. From the beginning I hated him. So I did with dagenais, who could also had became a 30 goal scorer given the chance Ryder had.

You would love to hear my issue?

here it is: The guy didn't score anymore, then got benched, then got put in the stands.

Have you ever saw an interview where he looked mad, pissed, even frustrated of his performances? no, never said I am going to work my ass off that slump, doing extra practice etc... Always said things like: it's going to come back, I'm not lucky etc...

Smiling after a loss piss me off

Smiling in the press box when we are loosing piss me off even more.
that is, IMO, his attitude problem.

Oh yeah I'm a clueless and ignorant fan that don't know his hockey that played 2 years junior AAA.

You see, that is how you give you point/ideas/thoughs without insulting directly and freely another poster that you never seen and don't know anything about.

Sorry if the english is bad I loose my second language when I'm pissed.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:35 PM
kostitsyn1489

I think a smart move woulda been to cheer him for what hes done with the habs since the game didnt actually matter then when the season start do whatever you want, but at least for his comeback people soulda act smarter to me.

How can you hate a guy for not having a good vision or not being good in his own end(And he wasnt that bad) The guy was supose to be a borderline AHLers and he made it to the NHL and scored a good bunch of goals he overarchieved alot.

You cant blame a guy for being bad, if he isnt more skilled it's most likely not because he didnt try I'm pretty sure he'd like to have a better vision, but he doesnt. It's not like he's the only sniper that is average in the passing game either.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Penalty Killer

I didn't hate him...until he became a Bruin. Now I hope he fails utterly. Nothing personal.

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:54 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post

here it is: The guy didn't score anymore, then got benched, then got put in the stands.

Have you ever saw an interview where he looked mad, pissed, even frustrated of his performances? no, never said I am going to work my ass off that slump, doing extra practice etc... Always said things like: it's going to come back, I'm not lucky etc...

So your preference would be for him to become a distraction, much like Sergei Samsonov. Even though the team was winning, leading the conference in fact, you would like him to be pouting aroudn the Bell Centre and giving interviews where he complained and got angry, all of which would have been magnified and blown out of proportion by the ravenous Montreal media. That's what you want?

You think his attitude sucked because ... he had no attitude? He put the good of the team ahead of his personal issues?

Seriously?

By your defintion Michael Ryder had a lousy attitude and Sergei Samsonov had a good one?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-03-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Be nice.
FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:27 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
So your preference would be for him to become a distraction, much like Sergei Samsonov. Even though the team was winning, leading the conference in fact, you would like him to be pouting aroudn the Bell Centre and giving interviews where he complained and got angry, all of which would have been magnified and blown out of proportion by the ravenous Montreal media. That's what you want?

You think his attitude sucked because ... he had no attitude? He put the good of the team ahead of his personal issues?

Seriously?

By your defintion Michael Ryder had a lousy attitude and Sergei Samsonov had a good one?

What I'm saying is that he didn't had a winner's attitude.

anyway you have the right to think I'm wrong, I have no problems with that, as long as it is made with respect.

Samsonov didn't had the right attitude too, blaming everyone else then himself for his poroblems.

I think both players forgot to look in the mirror during their slump to find solutions.

And I didn't hate Ryder; I did not like him, huge difference.

Good for him if he has a good season, as long as he doesn't hurt us. But his departure made our team better, in my opinion.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think a smart move woulda been to cheer him for what hes done with the habs since the game didnt actually matter then when the season start do whatever you want, but at least for his comeback people soulda act smarter to me.

How can you hate a guy for not having a good vision or not being good in his own end(And he wasnt that bad) The guy was supose to be a borderline AHLers and he made it to the NHL and scored a good bunch of goals he overarchieved alot.

You cant blame a guy for being bad, if he isnt more skilled it's most likely not because he didnt try I'm pretty sure he'd like to have a better vision, but he doesnt. It's not like he's the only sniper that is average in the passing game either.
yeah, but there's nothing that pisses me off more then someone with a certain amount of abilities who tries to play over his head, therefor becoming a turnover machine. Keep the play simple if you ain't Sidney Crosby

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
yeah, but there's nothing that pisses me off more then someone with a certain amount of abilities who tries to play over his head, therefor becoming a turnover machine. Keep the play simple if you ain't Sidney Crosby
It's his game. Maybe he tried too much because hd didnt have the hockey sense to react quicker and smarter.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:50 PM
znk

Quote:
OK; First, I have never been a fan of him, just like Pierre Dagenais, he is a guy that have a wrist shot, that is all, can't skate, can't pass, can't play in is own zone. A one dimensional player. From the beginning I hated him. So I did with dagenais, who could also had became a 30 goal scorer given the chance Ryder had.

Oh yeah I'm a clueless and ignorant fan that don't know his hockey that played 2 years junior AAA.

You see, that is how you give you point/ideas/thoughs without insulting directly and freely another poster that you never seen and don't know anything about.

Sorry if the english is bad I loose my second language when I'm pissed.

Wow....You are pissed because isntead of making a scene in the media he kept it inside the team? Tried to keep it cool so not to distract his team mates or put his coach in a bad place. That pissed you off? Awesome....Makes total sense to me....I get so pissed off to when a guy doesnt act like an ******* and puts the team's concerns ahead of his....That's so unselfish...we dont need that kind of team player here!

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
What I'm saying is that he didn't had a winner's attitude.
I think it's way more a question of how he is as a person. Type of person who will never be too high, and never be too low. Let just say that he would have the perfect personnality to be a goalie.

But it's not because he didn't care. It's because that's his personnality. A type of guy who might not be the greatest leader but could be a great complimentary guy and that's what he was for some years.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Bobby G

Ryder Returns - Don't Boo

http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/200...nt-get-it.html

Great read, I read the blog everyday, its usually quite good, figure I'd share this with the home opener upon us. I don't understand why we would boo Ryder. The guy was pure class and gave it his all as a Hab, untill he was no longer wanted.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Habs_46

no boos.... but maby we could show class and throw paper planes at him!

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Captain Saku

I respect Ryder... I would never boo him for sure... I hope fans won't boo him tomorrow

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Slippy13

My God, not this again

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy13 View Post
My God, not this again
My first thread and my first facepalm, I am honored. Don't see whats so wrong with the topic though.

Old
10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
I respect Ryder... I would never boo him for sure... I hope fans won't boo him tomorrow
No chance... I'm 100% sure they're will be fans at the Bell Center who are still bitter towards him...

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I will be there and I will boo him.
Not because of what he did or did not do as a Hab but because it is fun.
I will boo Chara as well.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Woland

I'd keep my boos for Chara

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Ryder seems like the type who would let boos affect his game.

So I have no issues with anybody booing him.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post

PLEASE BOO RYDER AND CHARA :d

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
nopan
waddup doe

Send a message via Skype™ to nopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Give him the middle finger!

nopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroKarosu View Post
Give him the middle finger!
Sure.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Bobby G

haha you guys sound like bruins fans

Old
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Can everyone yell a three letter word that rhymes with rap when Lucic is on the ice?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
haha you guys sound like bruins fans
Yeah, because Habs fans have always been known to be really classy at games.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:18 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
I say he gets a collective mooning from 22 000 strong