HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs and Komi negotiating (per Pedneault on CKAC)

Old
10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Pascal

vCash: 500
5-6 years at 4.5M.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
cool...

oh by the way... I GOT NHL CENTER ICE!!!!! NO BRUNET FOR ME THIS YEAR!
breaking news headlines

nhl centre ice reports the signing of Benoit Brunet

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
The NHL won't give the Norris to a guy who scores under 50pts and I don't ever see Komi getting 50 pts.
in his career.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
RussCourtnallsGhost

He'll get around the same money as Hammer, longer term hopefully.

RussCourtnallsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:48 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussCourtnallsGhost View Post
He'll get around the same money as Hammer, longer term hopefully.
No... just no... Sorry but at this point of his career, he's not as valuable. He will not win as much as Hammer, IMO.

Slightly less than 5M.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:49 PM
MTL-rules

I hope it won't be more than 5mil a year... but I could live with 5.5mil... more than that and you let him go... He's extremely important, but not worth more than that...

Let's see...

I'd say 4,75 a year for 4 years... very Gainey-like...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Off course but I tought Pedneault was now as connected as Eklund?

Hopefully he as more luck than Ecky.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Mag1328

I spoke to his agent 10 days ago and he assured me there were no talks between the Habs and Komi. Maybe it has changed since then... Anyway I believe a deal will get done at some point.

But for those who are throwing numbers around, remember that NY teams will pay top price for Komisarek when (if) he becomes UFA. So stop talking about 4 or 4,5 'cause on the market, he'll get much more than that. At this point, getting him at 5,5 M will be a hometown discount.

Heck, Hamrlik is paid 5,5 M. If you lock Komisarek long term, it can't be for less than that.

It's not just about what the guy is worth, it's about what he can get on the market.

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Aarex

Quote:
cool...

Now you get to listen to the opposing teams homer announcers all year long, even home games.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
cool...

If you live in Montreal, that's not true. They won't show the Habs game on centre ice, since it's available on RDS.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIsMyHeroin View Post
Now you get to listen to the opposing teams homer announcers all year long, even home games.
We'll see... but at least I'll have a second option when Pierre starts to talk about his wife's underwears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore;
If you live in Montreal, that's not true. They won't show the Habs game on centre ice, since it's available on RDS.
Oh really? Oh well... anyway, I did take it in order to watch more games from other teams. The rest was gravy... I'm going to live with fatass Brunet finally...

Old
10-03-2008, 05:59 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag1328 View Post
I spoke to his agent 10 days ago and he assured me there were no talks between the Habs and Komi. Maybe it has changed since then... Anyway I believe a deal will get done at some point.

But for those who are throwing numbers around, remember that NY teams will pay top price for Komisarek when (if) he becomes UFA. So stop talking about 4 or 4,5 'cause on the market, he'll get much more than that. At this point, getting him at 5,5 M will be a hometown discount.

Heck, Hamrlik is paid 5,5 M. If you lock Komisarek long term, it can't be for less than that.

It's not just about what the guy is worth, it's about what he can get on the market.
Komisarek is not better than Hamrlik...

He lacks the offensive output to ask for the sky... a team might sign him to a monstrous contract (aka Isles), but it would be a managerial mistake... Gainey isn't known to give these kind of contract...

Souray asked for the moon, he didn't give it to him, the same will happen with Komi...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

He'll probably get a bit more than Orpik did but nothing close to what Markov got. My guess is around $4.5 million a year... hopefully he signs before the year because his value is only going to increase as the season goes on.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:

Old
Next Best Thing*

Quote:

Are you an insider?

just curious

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Are you an insider?

just curious
La Presse journalist.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:

are you the same guy who pretended to be a hockey agent a few months ago?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:05 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
The amount of money you make doesn't make you better than someone else, it means thats how important you are to a team or thats how much you chose to be paid.

Iginla makes only $7M and Brodeur only makes $5.2M, but that doesn't mean everyone who makes more than them are better players. It's also about the market and who you were competing against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Would you say Brad Richards is the best player in the NHL after Crosby and Ovechkin? I wouldn't either but according to your method of salary dictating talent, he is.
Counter-arguing by pointing out exceptions is such a sophist approach. Yes, there is many exceptions but in general, the salary gives you a good idea of the player's worth. Nevertheless, there's always factors that could influence that too as the UFA market pool for the upcoming summer of the signing and so on.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:05 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
La Presse journalist.
oh really? Didn't know...

sorry bud.

But as insider as he may be, Komisarek will not get as much as Hammer. Hamrlik just adjusts to his teammates. When Komisarek is not with Markov, he looks lost.

Old
10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
are you the same guy who pretended to be a hockey agent a few months ago?
you must understand there is a lot of hotshots here, but we are very transparent, in fact i am a hockey god, just dont tell anyone, and will give you some results in advance.

(I know God as a sense of humour)

Dont worry man, we appreciate insight, just like ecklund but results, achievements and true potential are the proof of your worth.

Last edited by Crusher20: 10-03-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
you must understand there is a lot of hotshots here, but we are very transparent, in fact i am a hockey god, just dont tell anyone, and will give you some results in advance.

(I know God as a sense of humour)
You guys gods have too much humor, why creating any player when you alreadt created Lucic

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
mcphee

I thibk it'd be great to sign him now before it becomes a talking point. I'd guess that 6 years at 30M would be fine, though I've always guessed lower than the final figure. If Gillet's cash happy these days, maybe upfront $ lowers the cap hit, but I'm guessing.

I think he's every bit as important as Hamrlik, but points=dollars.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:

So, which stay at home dman with a career high 19 points earns more than $5M?

Hamrlik just had a 38 points season (with 5 40+ points seasons) when we signed him at $5.5M.

He is closer to Orpik or Phillips territory in terms of what he brings to the team.

Imo, if you look at the different dmen contracts, he should be signed at less than $5M.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:18 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Asking for some info here... NHL Centre Ice just starts on October 10th that's it?

Old
10-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
5-6 years at 4.5M.
Agreed I think he'll get a 5 year deal at 4.5 - 4.75 mil per year.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote