HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitts/Leafs

Old
09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath5151 View Post
1) You should know by now that Fletcher is TERRIBLE at trades and I guarantee he would never get anything this good, even if it were fair value
2) Kaberle isnt that great, sorry to tell you
3) Other teams might be desperate for Kaberle, but not the pens. We have enough defensive depth to handle this.
Also Staal isnt that great, sorry to tell you.
You team might be in desperete need for Staal but no reason to think that Staal is anywheres near the worth of Kaberle.
Fact still remains that Kaberle >> than an overrated pens player named Staal.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
clefty
What?

Some people are simply beyond redemption.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
ds246pit

I love how in all of these proposals everyone knows that Staal isn't that great and won't be anything other then a checking center/defensive forward. Did we jump forward 10 years and he is 30 years old now? Is his developing finished so that all the hf expects are sure this kid cannot surpass the totals he has now?

I think it was in Kaberle-Staal thread #605 where the Leaf fan(who basically said i know nothing because i live in the USA) commented that Staal is pretty much maxed out and won't get more then 40 points a season. Boy i wish i could read the future like that. I guess that means unless Schenn wins the Calder and Norris in his first 2 year's he is going to be a career AHLer since he'll be the over-the-hill age of 20.

ds246pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath5151 View Post
OMG!! REALLY??? YOU mean Gonchar AND Whitney are out And NOT A SINGLE PENS FAN NOTICED???

OMG!!

Of course we know. And even then, no one is panicking. We had Fleury and Crosby out for extended time last year and did fine. If anything this is less worrying considering we have more depth on D than we had depth on offence/goal last year.
We have 2 young extremely talented offensive defencemen in the system.
If only we had traded Malkin for Kaberle when Crosby went down last year. He was gone for half the year. Who knows how far we could have gone? Oh my God, who knows?

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsLove88 View Post
mrinsane and DougGilmour93 must have realized how much this proposal blows, they aren't sticking around to use their useless logic to defend it.
Some people on these boards actually have lives and families to attend to.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsLove88 View Post
So this is just a general question.. Who is this Goligoski, I haven't really heard anything about him and have no idea about his skills and such to be honest. Just wondering what the Pens are expecting him to develop in to.
He is fast, he sees the ice well, he is a good passer and he has good offensive instincts. I expect him to be a good puck moving defense with a good contribution on offense.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTisIT View Post
You bleeped out the u in butt?

Btw, there was no need to resort to name-calling. The guy made a (dumb) trade proposal. He didn't call your momma a hoe.
LOL!!!! hahahahaha way to call that one out, I missed that when I read it...nice job!

p.s. Leaf fan here and this proposal sucks for Pitts! This trade doesn't even happen if Goligoski and Letang also get injured for the season.

Smif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:39 AM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
So is Kaberle. Especially by Leafs fans.
But underrated by any other fans especially sens fans like you

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
He is fast, he sees the ice well, he is a good passer and he has good offensive instincts. I expect him to be a good puck moving defense with a good contribution on offense.
Last year he was like the Kaberle of the AHL. He should have a good career ahead of him in the NHL.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 01:25 PM
bornfromjets

I'm convinced that mrinsane and jeffleafsfan91 (i think there is another one but can't remember) are not really Leaf fans. No one, not even the short bus Leafs fans are retarded enough to come up with bogus proposals like this day in and day out!

bornfromjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
mrinsane is a bot that creates leafs proposals. if u delete his account the bot creates automatically a new account who will create some more proposals.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
mrinsane

What is the depth in Pitts? Gill? Scuderi? they have some young talented d-man but Whitney out for the season and probably Gonchar.. you need some1 on the PP.

Staal he's not Malkin or Crosby but it's more reasonable than Carter+1rst pick for Kaberle.

Don't go crazy. Kaberle is a little overrrated like McCabe or Jay-Bo.

Pens need a d-man.

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
What is the depth in Pitts? Gill? Scuderi? they have some young talented d-man but Whitney out for the season and probably Gonchar.. you need some1 on the PP.

Staal he's not Malkin or Crosby but it's more reasonable than Carter+1rst pick for Kaberle.

Pens need a d-man.
Do you just choose to ignore posts that pertain exactly to what you are asking? I mean why not just take a look at the 39 other Jordan Staal proposals or heck even THIS ONE and you will find your answer.

But here I will throw you a bone, Whitney is NOT out for the entire season, again why let facts get in the way of these spot on trade proposals?

Corban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post

Pens need a d-man.
I think we'll be fine, I appreciate your concern though.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 09:24 PM
wej20

I think Schenn is the only Leaf that Pittsburgh would be interested in.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 01:45 AM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I think Schenn is the only Leaf that Pittsburgh would be interested in.
and the only d-man that Toronto wouldn't be interested to trade

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:56 AM
madpooh

What does Pitt do next year with Kaberle, Whitney, Gonchar, and Orpik making around 18 mil. They'd basically be in a position similar to Anaheim. Having then to waive on of them to get under the cap to sign wingers.

Its a good thing that people think out these proposals.

madpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
JTG

It's not so much Kaberle's salary for me as it would be giving up Jordan Staal to get him. At 4.25, we all know what he brings to the table, and its a bargain deal. Though some Pens fans wouldn't like it, trade Eaton and you have almost half of Kaberle's salary covered. So for me, it's not the money issue. I would add an extra 2 million to the cap for a caliber defenseman such as Kaberle

My issue is that at this point in time, Jordan Staal isn't a luxury for the Pens...he's a necessity, and what he bring to the table, I would be more than willing to pay 5 million dollars for in the offseason.

So if the Pens could somehow get Kaberle out of Toronto without sacrificing Staal, my views would change on the situation, but I know that its an impossibility.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote