HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spead the wealth?

Old
10-03-2008, 11:14 PM
slim399

vCash: 500
Spead the wealth?

I have only seen parts of a few games... but from what I have heard Renney would really like to roll 4 lines. I am a every day viewer... very few time poster. I think we have realized a few things this pre season. Gomez-Drury, Dubinsky-Zherdev should play together and Korpokoski has earned the 3rd line center spot. Prucha is on the edge. Everyone loves or hates him... Love or hate him, we realize he is useless with out playing with real talent.

so here is my idea to spread the wealth through 3 lines

Cally-Gomez-Drury (all american line)
Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Naslund-Korpikoski-Prucha
Voros-Betts-Fritsche
Ext. orr and freddy or rismiller

Staal-Rosival
Redden-Girardi
Kalinin-Mara
Ext. Potter

To the 50% that hates Prucha and Kalinin. After 25-40 games they prove they do not belong. Sundin will be working out and will be ready to play for most likely the 4 mill his best budy Naslund is getting paid. By then our first two lines have great chemistry and our 3rd line will put us over the top...

Naslund-Sundin-Korpikoski. With Potter and Fahey taking over the 6/7 spot.

In the end everyone is happy... Prucha gets his final chance to shine, we prove that we don't just sign guys to release them, and if it everything goes wrong we have a free addition to make a playoff push.

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:28 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

As much as I like Cally, hes not a first line player, and maybe not even a 2nd line player.

He's worth more on the third line the way he plays anyhow.

But i think with the current lineup - with Drury on the wing, it spreads things out pretty nicely. The fact that you have Orr, Fritsche, Sjostrom, Voros and Rissmiller all vying for 3 spots essentially is another good thing because it could keep guys fresh and looking over their shoulder.

Prucha is a such an interesting player because if hes not scoring, he not worth much - and you cant put him on the third or fourth line, he is useless there. I think the kid has worked really hard - he just needs to get his confidence under him. But who knows if you can wait for that or not. Right now its not terrible to sit him and try him next game. The Rangers have some options to use a second set of players for back to back games if they want to and almost have an A and B squad. I'm sure Renney is itching to ride Prucha if he gets hot, for a number of reasons.

Whatever they choose to do, i think having Korpikoski center the third line from the start is a good idea. He is a dynamic player in that position, more so than the wing, and he is in the right place everywhere on the ice. I think that line could cause some trouble, and add some scoring - as they have already shown in camp.

Let it be known though, that nothing is really out of bounds this year as far as line combinations go. There are so many legit combinations you can throw out, but i just hope that Renney doesnt get his usual trigger finger with them - because i think as currently constructed this team can be tough, if of course they have the time to really gel, and that means leaving the lines together for a good 5-10 games.

As far as Sundin goes, who knows. I wouldnt put money on it happening and im not even sure if hes the answer. Even though the Rangers need that one legit force up front to instill fear into the other teams best defensive pair... i'd rather see this team, lead by the current captains and young core give it a shot and build into the following year than putting another aging mercurial vet in the ny spotlight on a team that just got rid of one in Jagr. Even if he makes the team better, i think its better for the future of this club to stay away from Sundin and the personality and baggage that comes with him.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 10-03-2008 at 11:36 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post
I have only seen parts of a few games... but from what I have heard Renney would really like to roll 4 lines. I am a every day viewer... very few time poster. I think we have realized a few things this pre season. Gomez-Drury, Dubinsky-Zherdev should play together and Korpokoski has earned the 3rd line center spot. Prucha is on the edge. Everyone loves or hates him... Love or hate him, we realize he is useless with out playing with real talent.

so here is my idea to spread the wealth through 3 lines

Cally-Gomez-Drury (all american line)
Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Naslund-Korpikoski-Prucha
Voros-Betts-Fritsche
Ext. orr and freddy or rismiller

Staal-Rosival
Redden-Girardi
Kalinin-Mara
Ext. Potter

To the 50% that hates Prucha and Kalinin. After 25-40 games they prove they do not belong. Sundin will be working out and will be ready to play for most likely the 4 mill his best budy Naslund is getting paid. By then our first two lines have great chemistry and our 3rd line will put us over the top...

Naslund-Sundin-Korpikoski. With Potter and Fahey taking over the 6/7 spot.

In the end everyone is happy... Prucha gets his final chance to shine, we prove that we don't just sign guys to release them, and if it everything goes wrong we have a free addition to make a playoff push.
Hey Slim, you should post more you have good insight to the team. I agree with your lines but it's not going to happen now. Renney will mix them up when the team struggles to score. It's about chemistry not who should be playing where so we have no idea right now what the lines will look like in December or January. I also agree with Sundin, to me if he plays this season he plays for the New York Rangers.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
As much as I like Cally, hes not a first line player, and maybe not even a 2nd line player.

As far as Sundin goes, who knows. I wouldnt put money on it happening and im not even sure if hes the answer. Even though the Rangers need that one legit force up front to instill fear into the other teams best defensive pair... i'd rather see this team, lead by the current captains and young core give it a shot and build into the following year than putting another aging mercurial vet in the ny spotlight on a team that just got rid of one in Jagr. Even if he makes the team better, i think its better for the future of this club to stay away from Sundin and the personality and baggage that comes with him.
NYC who thought Dubinsky was a top line players last year? But there he was playing top line mins. It's not about who is best where it's chemistry and it will form(I hope) and that determines the lines. And I see enough offense in him to think 2nd line player isn't out of the question.

On Sundin we need him, it's that simple. He is a true first line center that does everything well and has SIZE, something this team needs so badly. I'm not sure how to look it up but we have to be one of the smallest teams in the NHL this year. I know we are one of the youngest so I don't see how signing Sundin is that bad of an idea.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 12:43 AM
TheZherdev

honestly regarding prucha, if you pair him with gomez for 10 games the kid can regain scoring form. The problem with Prucha is that he is being looked upon too much to carry the puck and to make the play. The only place i want that kid to be is in the open or in front of the net. People say prucha was a product of jagrs play. But i think it was sometimes as much as nylanders play with him that boosted the kid. Does anyone remember that 2 week span in his rookie season when he just went on fire, i mean REALLY on fire? I remember they put Nylander as his center for that period. But I also remembered Straka working as a center for Jagr just wasnt doing it, so they put nylander bag on that top line. My point is Nylander was just as good as jagr in creating space. Prucha just had to get open and nylander would feed him a soft pace for him to bank in. Gomez has that same ability. Maybe even more so since he holds on to the puck more than a nylander. I really think a Gomez-Prucha experiment is worth looking into. If the kid cant produce after a fair 10-15 games with him centering, I will finally agree with everyone that its time to let petr puck go.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 01:27 AM
slim399

thank you radek for the encoring for posting. The fact is I am happy with the way this team is going.

Dubi, Cheri, Ani, Korpi, Cally, Dawes, Chrachev, Pyatt, Dupont, and Zorby-which we agree on... not to mention our d-corp.

We agree on Sundin... Every solid cup contender wants that guy that will push them to the next level. This team is a 5-6 team at best in the east...add sudin we are for real.

We all wish we could do a 3 for one for a disgruntled forward ala Radulov/ O'Sullivan but the fact is unless sather is magician its not going to happen.

I was going to finish my statment...but you know what I am going to say

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
NYC who thought Dubinsky was a top line players last year? But there he was playing top line mins. It's not about who is best where it's chemistry and it will form(I hope) and that determines the lines. And I see enough offense in him to think 2nd line player isn't out of the question.

On Sundin we need him, it's that simple. He is a true first line center that does everything well and has SIZE, something this team needs so badly. I'm not sure how to look it up but we have to be one of the smallest teams in the NHL this year. I know we are one of the youngest so I don't see how signing Sundin is that bad of an idea.
Dubinsky has shown he was a top line player from the second he got here.

Callahan has proved to be a fringe second liner IF that.