HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL and KHL "Loaning" players a possibility.

Old
10-03-2008, 08:37 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

vCash: 500
NHL and KHL "Loaning" players a possibility.

From Spector's Trade Rumors

SPORTSNET. CA : reports Ottawa Senators forward Brad Isbister did not report to the
club's AHL farm team after he was assigned there and could be loaned to a Russian team
if his agent can work out a deal.
SPECTOR'S NOTE: Hat tip to "Steve". Funny how the NHL and KHL can't agree on a player
transfer agreement but have no problem

If they can do that from the NHL to the KHL can it be done vice versa? If so, then JJ coming back is definitely a possibility, especially considering JJ, OMSK, and Sather have been on good terms. Something that is possible considering how the NHL tried to take the Ranger Franchise away from the Dolans over the whole website thing.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 08:56 AM
squishy

We did this with Kasparitis in the final year of his contract. This is nothing new or groundbreaking.

Teams "loan" players that suck and they need to get off the salary cap to Europe. Omsk is not going to loan us their centerpiece, biggest draw, and leading scorer.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Squishy is right (as usual), this isn't really anything new.

I don't see Jagr coming back here. We're playing a new brand of hockey now and I think he'll be heading into the KHL playoffs around the time he'd need to be 'loaned' to us to be eligible for the NHL playoffs, right?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Highly unlikely Omsk would let Jagr return to the NHL.

10-03-2008, 11:04 AM
TheHotRock

as much as i love jags, i dont know that he would even fit on this team. mayvbe on the dubinsky-zherdev line, but thats just a pipe dream. no doubt in my mind that he could help and nhl team, but its not happening. its a shame, i would've loved to see him crack 700 goals.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
From Spector's Trade Rumors

SPORTSNET. CA : reports Ottawa Senators forward Brad Isbister did not report to the
club's AHL farm team after he was assigned there and could be loaned to a Russian team
if his agent can work out a deal.
SPECTOR'S NOTE: Hat tip to "Steve". Funny how the NHL and KHL can't agree on a player
transfer agreement but have no problem

If they can do that from the NHL to the KHL can it be done vice versa? If so, then JJ coming back is definitely a possibility, especially considering JJ, OMSK, and Sather have been on good terms. Something that is possible considering how the NHL tried to take the Ranger Franchise away from the Dolans over the whole website thing.
Yea, right after we lend Omsk Lundqvist and Drury.... Why in hell would they 'lend' us their best player?

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Nich

send omsk grachev to play with jagr and cherry!!!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
send omsk grachev to play with jagr and cherry!!!!
That's not a terrible idea.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:17 PM
nyrmetros

I'm all for players being loaned from a NHL team to a KHL team and vice versa. It's done in soccer all the time. I'd rather see this then NHL players with a non playoff team leave them for a playoff team for 2 months and then resign with the former team.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 01:59 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
That's not a terrible idea.
It certainly is, and I'm hoping Nich was just kidding...

Grachev is in North America to get playing time and continue his development as a hockey player. He couldn't get playing time with Lokomotiv (who still own his rights, so are the only KHL team he could play with, for the record) and he certainly would not get playing time on a stacked Omsk lineup. Bardin went out and signed a ton of free agents over the summer with one goal: win a championship. They've got the best player in last year's playoffs in their bottom six, and another team's leading scorer from last year bouncing in and out of their line up. Their own 3rd leading scorer from last year is stuck on the 4th line. Grachev wouldn't touch the ice in Omsk.

Old
10-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
It certainly is, and I'm hoping Nich was just kidding...

Grachev is in North America to get playing time and continue his development as a hockey player. He couldn't get playing time with Lokomotiv (who still own his rights, so are the only KHL team he could play with, for the record) and he certainly would not get playing time on a stacked Omsk lineup. Bardin went out and signed a ton of free agents over the summer with one goal: win a championship. They've got the best player in last year's playoffs in their bottom six, and another team's leading scorer from last year bouncing in and out of their line up. Their own 3rd leading scorer from last year is stuck on the 4th line. Grachev wouldn't touch the ice in Omsk.
I'm still confused with Grachev Squishy. Reports on this board says he will be on the Pack this year. I just read an article on TSN that mentions he is playing in the CHL this year. Which is it?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Comparison Ford
i got a star

Lou Lams did with Vishnevski this year.

Comparison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Lou Lams did with Vishnevski this year.
Didn't he buy him out?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 06:49 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

History always repeats itself. When I used to work in the old Eastern Hockey League, if we had a player in Syracuse we didn't need or want, we would loan them to a team in the Southern Division so we wouldn't have to play against them. Greensboro wasn't exactly Siberia but for some guys it was pretty close.

Last edited by bobbop: 10-03-2008 at 07:09 PM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 07:59 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Yea, right after we lend Omsk Lundqvist and Drury.... Why in hell would they 'lend' us their best player?
Well their season starts and ends before the NHL season, therefore when their season ends, I doubt they'd have an issue loaning Jagr to the Rangers for the end of the season if needed. It's plausible, but I doubt it'd happen unless the Rangers were really desperate.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Nich

grachev was sent back to juniors after camp with hartford. rumor has it that it was more related to iihl contract issues than actual consideration to play with hartford. which is understandable as the rangers have a great relationship with his farm team, hence bobby playing there. either way it a great experience for him anyway

and squishy i wasn't kidding, but i didn''t know that about omsk, so obviously that changes all!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 10:54 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm still confused with Grachev Squishy. Reports on this board says he will be on the Pack this year. I just read an article on TSN that mentions he is playing in the CHL this year. Which is it?
He's in Brampton (played and had an assist tonight, actually). There was a delay in getting the release through the International Ice Hockey Federation that he needed in order to be allowed to play in the CHL, so he stayed in Hartford and continued practicing with the team rather than sitting around in Brampton waiting for the paper work to go through.

This may help clear things up:
http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...rampton-bound/

Old
10-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Well their season starts and ends before the NHL season, therefore when their season ends, I doubt they'd have an issue loaning Jagr to the Rangers for the end of the season if needed. It's plausible, but I doubt it'd happen unless the Rangers were really desperate.
Forget about the salary cap? Or Omsk risking injury to their best player? Or Jagr wanting to play two hockey seasons? C'mon guys...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:52 AM
TheRedressor

Jagr will most likely* never play in a Rangers uniform again and people need to get past this.

* I never thought Messier would rejoin the Rangers the way he left but he did.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:06 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Jagr will most likely* never play in a Rangers uniform again and people need to get past this.

* I never thought Messier would rejoin the Rangers the way he left but he did.
I always knew The Captain would come home.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:38 PM
pzilla3

Yeah I think moving past Jagr is a good thing for this team. Why is everyone so hung up on him leaving?

The problem with bringing Jagr back in mid season is the fact that he doesn't (at least the last couple of years) like to play within a system, he likes to dictate which way the system plays. Which is not a healthy idea for a team with as many young players as ours.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote