HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Laraque..

Old
10-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
We've had 13 fights this preseason while the Bruins have 4. Does this mean we're now tougher than the Bruins?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Lone Rogue

You can count on it that Lucic will fight Laraque, lose, and Bruin fans will simply cheer the fact he "is such a badass to stand up to BGL" and not even care he lost.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
We've had 13 fights this preseason while the Bruins have 4. Does this mean we're now tougher than the Bruins?
Unfortunately no. 'Cause our fights are slowly but surely going in Hamilton. So Habs remain soft while Dogs will be tough. At least that's a start, we used to be soft everywhere....

So the Bruins remain tough....bad but tough..... They'll be worst as soon as Bergeron goes again....( I don't hope for his sake but like Gagné, I just believe they will.....I just don't expect a complete season from both....)

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Have we really? I knew we've been more aggressive, but I didn't realize that we had that many fights.

10-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You can count on it that Lucic will fight Laraque, lose, and Bruin fans will simply cheer the fact he "is such a badass to stand up to BGL" and not even care he lost.
And thrash Laraque in the process for going against a guy so much younger than him....can't wait for that to happen....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 04:56 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
Yes Chris Neil, you better watch your ass because Laraque will have a hand on it all night long !
I hope one of Laraque's average of 10-15 fights this year is with Chris Neil. I hate that rat face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post

"Big deal, he breaks your face. Get it fixed."
Quote of the week.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I think that he's gonna fight more this year than the past one. Because we play at least one game against every team in the NHL and there is so much more goons in the west... Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Calgary, Oilers, Phoenix, etc...

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 06:15 PM
DrMailloux

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
AH yes, I have a a big George fantasy also.
Yep right in Boston, Chara and George have at it.
The crowd is wild, but with every punch big George knocks Chara and the crowd roar diminishes, once, twice, three times until Mighty Chara is on his knees and you can hear a pin drop in that massive arena.
Big George stands over a beaten Chara as Chara begs for mercy from his knees, Chara's desperate words reverberating through the dead silent arena. " Please stop,I beg of you, please stop"
George looks over to his bench and Carbo gives him the signal to stop.
Chara is taken off the ice a broken man.
I thought you were going to say, chara is on his knee and begs for mercy, george looks over to his bench and carbo gives him the signal... and then George twist chara's nose until it bleeds like mr miyagi in karate kid and then chara looks like michael jackson !

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 07:09 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Since when is Bissonnette an enforcer? Last I saw him he was a stay at home d-man in the OHL. I'm pretty sure if anybody on Pittsburgh fights BGL it will be Goddard.

That will never happen because Carra will never "fight" BGL. He'll drop the gloves and try and wrestle BGL to the ice but will never goe toe to toe.
Youtube says so...

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
KovalevDeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Have we really? I knew we've been more aggressive, but I didn't realize that we had that many fights.

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Since when is Bissonnette an enforcer? Last I saw him he was a stay at home d-man in the OHL.
I guess 115 PIM for the Wheeling Nailers in 2006-07 and his 145 PIM with the Wilkes-Barre and Scranton Penguins in 2007-08 would attest to what he himself is saying.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=59747

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Carbo N8

His presence will be enough to get the message across for most players, but, on Wed. Oct 15 in front of the hometown crowd, I expect him to send a message to Thornton, Lucic and all that the days of their foolishness is over. It will just be a matter of who wants to accept the challenge & how many times.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
His presence will be enough to get the message across for most players, but, on Wed. Oct 15 in front of the hometown crowd, I expect him to send a message to Thornton, Lucic and all that the days of their foolishness is over. It will just be a matter of who wants to accept the challenge & how many times.
I really hope this is true, but i am afraid that when he is in the box there will be atleast another one of their idiots running wild.

Old
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
The crowd is wild, but with every punch big George knocks Chara and the crowd roar diminishes, once, twice, three times until Mighty Chara is on his knees and you can hear a pin drop in that massive arena.
Big George stands over a beaten Chara as Chara begs for mercy from his knees, Chara's desperate words reverberating through the dead silent arena. " Please stop,I beg of you, please stop"
LOL, thx, just imagining it in my head was awsome.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
This is a nice fantasy but somewhat flawed. The crowd roar would not diminish at all seeing as the Garden is always overrun with Habs fans.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
Wow, is that a Mike Johnson avatar?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Wow, is that a Mike Johnson avatar?
Yes, I change them each month at random. I promise I won't use this one again after this month.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 07:22 AM
JTWymanFan*

Does anyone have any real news on Laraque, because it's very vague? Even he
( Laraque ) was saying he would be ready for the 10th. This morning on RDS they say he along with Bouillon are the only 2 serious injuries in the team. What is his real injury ? Groin ? Back ?

Old
10-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Universe
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Paul Bissonnette of the Pittsburgh Penguins on Laraque:
"I'm not really afraid of anyone, but if I were to fight him, I'd probably be shaking going in," says the 23-year-old from Welland, Ont. "That's just the respect you have for him and what you've seen him do in the past. If I want to play in this league, that's going to be my job and obviously I'd have to do it, that's life.

"Big deal, he breaks your face. Get it fixed."
People from Welland = Crazy!

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Habs_46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
I really hope this is true, but i am afraid that when he is in the box there will be atleast another one of their idiots running wild.
Penalty is only 5 mins long... he gets out... and .... well you know the drill.

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
First of all those guys are not lining up to fight BGL. Second, just having him on the team, even if he was out a few games injured, would deter a lot of that crap because he could pound them next game Third, I think guys like Kosto, O'byrne and Komi can stand up to them.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Pascal

Is it that much of a deterrent when they can just refuse to fight him? or do they feel their ego will be bruised if they say no?

Chara vs Laraque, who wins? I think Chara would to be honest, based on reach alone.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 08:48 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Is it that much of a deterrent when they can just refuse to fight him? or do they feel their ego will be bruised if they say no?

Chara vs Laraque, who wins? I think Chara would to be honest, based on reach alone.
Guys who run around or that mess with Laraque's line-mates when he's on the ice end up getting pummeled. Remember Andrew Archer going after Ruutu only to have his face busted by Laraque.

Check youtube for Laraque vs. Boogaard fights (Derek Boogaard is 6'7") to see how BGL handles guys who have a reach advantage. Then take a look at Laraque and Chara's two bouts from last season when Chara went for the early tackle in both scraps.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 09:03 AM
otto bond

I wash just watching a few clips from Laraque and one was about the story of Laraque.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSOd...eature=related
It was from his Oiler days. One line that caught my attention was wen he said that one day he would come back.
George Laraque prediction:
72 games played, 12 fights,10 goals and 3 assist

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

I think the Habs win as Chara and Laraque in the box for 5 minutes is to our advantage. If you're referring to the fight itself, they tussled a couple of times already, check youtube.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote