HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Fisher: Schneider almost quit Habs in '94

Old
10-04-2008, 02:23 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

vCash: 500
Red Fisher: Schneider almost quit Habs in '94

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...3-68b003e61aa7

This could be one of the reasons he was traded soon after despite his great production. Its hard to imagine such an incident going down between periods of a game but if what Roy said is true it was very disrespectful and hardly the time or place to sort out any issues he had with Schneider.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:35 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
i think speculation was that one of them was bangin the others wife.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:36 PM
SpreeEndaz

I just see overreaction there, you want to quit your NHL career because someone told you something mean in the locker room ? That's pathetic.

SpreeEndaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 02:45 PM
mcphee

A lot of players had temper tantrums and were angry enough to walk out if what Red has written over the years is to be believed and some of them have their jerseys up in the rafters, including 2,12 and 16. Stuff happens, then it's forgotten.

Years later the word was that the 2 players in this case had other issues as mentionned here, but that's gossip that's always been out there, and like a lot of stories is just conjecture. Not saying it isn't true but I've never spoken to anyone who claims to know.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I just see overreaction there, you want to quit your NHL career because someone told you something mean in the locker room ? That's pathetic.
I think there was a little bit more involved then that Spree.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:03 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Yes, that's what I suspect but from the way Red puts it, that's how it sounds like. In my personal opinion, he should either give more details about the Roy-Schneider confrontation and background or not mention it at all because that article is pathetic.

SpreeEndaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
goalchenyuk

french medias

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:25 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
he wanted to quit the team, not his career...

BTW, Roy was an a-hole back then. He's still one.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:30 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg4ever View Post
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...3-68b003e61aa7

This could be one of the reasons he was traded soon after despite his great production. Its hard to imagine such an incident going down between periods of a game but if what Roy said is true it was very disrespectful and hardly the time or place to sort out any issues he had with Schneider.
THis is what I love and hate about Red Fisher. Why bring this up now? Really, what is the point? What do you accomplish?

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes, that's what I suspect but from the way Red puts it, that's how it sounds like. In my personal opinion, he should either give more details about the Roy-Schneider confrontation and background or not mention it at all because that article is pathetic.
+1

No debate from me.

Old
10-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Agreed. I don't like Roy's temper, but there was a lot more to it than what's been reported...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 04:46 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

man Roy was always a jerk, huh..

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Please keep your comments to what is written in the article. Anything posted without proper proof is considered Libel.

Old
10-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Toro

Quote:

completely agree, Red is completely out there. What the hell is this article? why does he bring this up now? just dumb.

Schneider reads this article and goes why did red bring that up? fracken a- hole can't write anything nice? Nope red's gotta make it look like he saved schneiders career and now look at how much money he makes.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:04 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
completely agree, Red is completely out there. What the hell is this article? why does he bring this up now? just dumb.

Schneider reads this article and goes why did red bring that up? fracken a- hole can't write anything nice? Nope red's gotta make it look like he saved schneiders career and now look at how much money he makes.
I agree that Fisher never misses a chance to show where he was part of the story.

otoh, do you think that we collectively over react a bit here ? He recounts an instance nearly 15 years ago when a guy was really pissed. These things happen. There was no article, it was an aside in his weekly page.

Toro did you read the article, lots of nice things about lots of people, in fact he didn't say a negative word about Roy or Schneider, just that they had a dressing room confrontation. The confrontation was general knowledge after both left the team. It had been mnetionned in most papers.

So Scheider gets mad and vents, Fisher listens, Scheider settles down and probably does what he would've done anyways, got back to work. So Fisher has enough of an ego to show his involvement, that's what he does.

It seems we hinge on every word written these days. This mention doesn't demonize either guy. Does anyone think differently of either guy ? If so, there's a lot of naivete going around and I'd like to inquire about your long distance provider.

Old
10-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Turboflex*

People still read Red Fisher?? That guy shoulda retired 15 years ago.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
People still read Red Fisher?? That guy shoulda retired 15 years ago.
Why ? He writes an overview type of column, just weekly, does a few home game reports a year, a bit of historical stuff ? Other than taste, what's the problem. He can grate on the nerves of some, the way he inserts himself into a story, butr I figure that iof you can have a link to the 50's teams, pretty weel the team's entire modern era, you preserve it.
Some don't lik ethe guy, I get why, but I don't get how we seem to hate 99% of everyting in media when in reality we're the ones being served, and frankly, buying the papers.

Old
10-05-2008, 02:40 PM
JrHockeyFan

Red quit? Why should he? Roy is fair game with his controversial number retirement coming up. Please note that the controversy is not about how he played in net

Of course there is more to the story. But adding it is not going to make Roy out any less of a jerk. If you doubt that compare Schneider's history to that of Roy

Roy was a great goalie. The guy is a gold plated jerk though.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 06:47 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Red quit? Why should he? Roy is fair game with his controversial number retirement coming up. Please note that the controversy is not about how he played in net

Of course there is more to the story. But adding it is not going to make Roy out any less of a jerk. If you doubt that compare Schneider's history to that of Roy

Roy was a great goalie. The guy is a gold plated jerk though.
It seems all Fisher did was tell a little story about an instance that he had 1st hand knowledge of. He has enough ego going on to make sure that he's in the story.

There's harm in this ? Geez we've become a bunch of old women. No offence to old women of course.

Old
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I remember when red fisher looked like death 10 years ago. He's still kicking around?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 06:53 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I remember when red fisher looked like death 10 years ago. He's still kicking around?
Apparently, unless they haven't announced it and he left a lot of notes lying around.

Announce 2 for 1 night at a Cote St. Luc eatery and if he doesn't show, you could be onto something.

Old
10-05-2008, 06:55 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Yes he is. Most of his columns are good, but he tends to repeat the same stories over and over again. For example the story of Roy staying after practice to play goaltender against a sick kid and letting the kid score over and over, I've read like 5-6 times. The story of how Bowman and him never got along and how he claims Bowman said one of the reasons he left iwas because of media bias (specifically by Red himself) also heard it over and over.

Red reminds me of my grandparents in the years before they passed away. They had a lot of amazing stories which were great to hear, just not 10-15 times. He tends to involve himself in almost everything he writes ...

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
mcphee

What's there to agree with ? One guy gets mad, the other guy gets mad, the other guy wants to leave, calms down, then gets traded a year later.

It seems that a simple aside in a column, not an article, just a little aside, has caused positions to be taken.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old
10-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
i think speculation was that one of them was bangin the others wife.
LOL.......agree 100 %

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
french medias
oooh, that Rouger Pecheur makes me so mad

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote