HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchura stays for now - 4 more cuts announced (Denis and Henry waived)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
  #1
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,209
vCash: 597
Chipchura stays for now - 4 more cuts announced (Denis and Henry waived)

Max Pac, Weber and Denis all got cut. Henry and Carle will go down later in the week.

Carbo just said Chipchura stays...must mean Bouillon goes on IR to start.

Renaud Lavoie is connected. He called this yesterday.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
  #2
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
YES!!!

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
  #3
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,304
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thank god, Chipchura >>> Lapierre.

Not even close.

Direct quote from Erika to.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:03 PM
  #4
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500


It was wrote in the sky.. Lapierre played himself out of the line-up, out of the 4th C spot at least..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:04 PM
  #5
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Yessssssss I love this guy's game. Born leader too

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:04 PM
  #6
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Great news! It should get a couple of members pretty pissy...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:05 PM
  #7
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
IS Chips taking over Lapi?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:05 PM
  #8
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
It was wrote in the sky.. Lapierre played himself out of the line-up, out of the 4th C spot at least..
I really hope Lapierre rebounds, as much as I love seeing Chip still up.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:06 PM
  #9
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post


It was wrote in the sky.. Lapierre played himself out of the line-up, out of the 4th C spot at least..
I wouldn't even say it was Lapierre playing himself out of the lineup, I just think Chipchura played so well that he made it impossible for them to send him down.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
  #10
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
I thought that Lapierre played a great game tonight.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:08 PM
  #11
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,304
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I thought that Lapierre played a great game tonight.
Pass that ****.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
  #12
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
I think the last line will be Lapierre-Chips-Laraque with Kostopoulos replacing Laraque sometimes. Lapierre said it, he's ready to play wing this season even if he trained as a center. Lapierre doesn't know how to score but Chips know a bit better.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:11 PM
  #13
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Pass that ****.
The fourth line was one of the more consistent. They were all over Minnesota in their zone.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:11 PM
  #14
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,209
vCash: 597
We start off with 3 games in 4 nights, all on the road. I expect a rotation of bodies throughout that 4th line. Then Bouillon should be back and a decision will have to be made, unless someone else goes down with an injury.


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-04-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
  #15
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,304
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
The fourth line was one of the more consistent. They were all over Minnesota in their zone.
They were, but as I was saying to someone in an MSN conversation. With a team as clinical on defence as Minnesota, all the cutesy fancy pantsy artsy **** we were trying was never going to work. Our over-passing killed us, our reluctance to shoot and grind out on the boards killed us. The fourth line had success because they played the type of game needed to beat Minnesota.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
  #16
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Lapierre pissed me off tonight. I don't like having centermen with no awareness of where his teammates are. I understand it's a crash-and-bang 4th line... but pass the damn puck every now and then. The guy should clearly be a winger.

I want to see Chips start a couple regular season games centering BGL and Kostopoulos.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:21 PM
  #17
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They were, but as I was saying to someone in an MSN conversation. With a team as clinical on defence as Minnesota, all the cutesy fancy pantsy artsy **** we were trying was never going to work. Our over-passing killed us, our reluctance to shoot and grind out on the boards killed us. The fourth line had success because they played the type of game needed to beat Minnesota.
Which brings me back to my original point that Lapierre played a good game tonight.

And that coming from someone who prefers Chipchura to Lapierre. But I can recognize when he plays well and what he brings to the table.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:23 PM
  #18
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Lapierre pissed me off tonight. I don't like having centermen with no awareness of where his teammates are. I understand it's a crash-and-bang 4th line... but pass the damn puck every now and then. The guy should clearly be a winger.

I want to see Chips start a couple regular season games centering BGL and Kostopoulos.
Lapierre pass.... I've never seen it.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:26 PM
  #19
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,304
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Lapierre pass.... I've never seen it.
Like a Gainey smile and a Sergei Kostitsyn shot.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
  #20
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Like a Gainey smile and a Sergei Kostitsyn shot.
True... though i've seen Sergei shoot once....

They did this thing with the rangers last year where they made all the other players from both teams stand by the bench for some reason, and then they let Sergei have the puck and let him go in on lundqvist.

They had to get rid of everyone on both teams so he had no choice but to shoot... and then he scored. It was amazing.


Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
  #21
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Thank god, Chipchura >>> Lapierre.

Not even close.

Direct quote from Erika to.
Chipchura easily has the upside, but Lapierre is currently the better player.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:30 PM
  #22
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Chipchura easily has the upside, but Lapierre is currently the better player.
I disagree. I feel that Chipchura is the better player at this point. He also was the better player when he was sent packing last year to work on his face-offs.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:32 PM
  #23
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,304
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
True... though i've seen Sergei shoot once....

They did this thing with the rangers last year where they made all the other players from both teams stand by the bench for some reason, and then they let Sergei have the puck and let him go in on lundqvist.

They had to get rid of everyone on both teams so he had no choice but to shoot... and then he scored. It was amazing.

It made my panties wet.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:33 PM
  #24
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
Chips has earned it. Hopefully he keeps playing the way he has been, cause he will not have to worry about going back to Hamilton if he does.

Be afraid lapierre, be very afraid. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I disagree. I feel that Chipchura is the better player at this point. He also was the better player when he was sent packing last year to work on his face-offs.
exactly!!


also Chips was a way better player in Hamilton when they won the championship. I was there...for game 5 baby WOot Woot....

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:38 PM
  #25
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
exactly!!


also Chips was a way better player in Hamilton when they won the championship. I was there...for game 5 baby WOot Woot....
I was there too... but he was even better in game 4.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.