HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchura stays for now - 4 more cuts announced (Denis and Henry waived)

Old
10-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
RDS says Chips is still likely to start in Hamilton.

Kyle Chipchura a échappé au couperet. Pour l'instant seulement puisqu'il devrait lui aussi prendre le chemin de Hamilton avant le départ de l'équipe pour Buffalo.

"Ca ne regarde pas trop bien pour moi. En attendant, je vais me concentrer sur le hockey."

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/261046.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
"Chipchura avoided the cut, but for now only since he'll be going to Hamilton before the team travels to Buffalo."

"It's not looking very good for me. For now, I'll concentrate on my hockey".

So, according to this, Chip is not staying in Montreal.
Sorry, but that's a terrible translation. "Il devrait" means "He should be", far from "He will be"...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Seriously people, was Chipchura on the lineup yesterday? You know that I prefer by a mile to have Chip at center and Lapierre on his wing, but that won't be the case. Chip is staying until we know how serious Bouillon's injury is. As soon as Bouillon comes back, Chip is gone. Sadly but that's just the way it. The way the 4th line played yesterday guaranteed a spot for Lapierre. And I'm obviously not talking about his hockey sense 'cause he doesn't have any. I'm talking about the hussling and the chances that line created. Lapierre is staying and will be playing on the 4th.

The way RDS reports that news about Chip, and I'm obviously reading way too much about that, Chip will be asking to be move. He obviously understand that a 3rd line spot will mostly be occupied by an offensive centerman. And then he understands the man crush Carbo and Co have for Lapierre at the center position on the 4th. Chipchura starts to understand that there's just no room for him in Montreal.

I hate this and we'll regret this (though it always depends on who we get) but it might be time for a trade prospect for prospect....

Chipchura for Benoit Pouliot? And we transform again Pouliot into a centerman, his position when he was in junior?

Again, not something I want to do but might as well benefit from the camp that Chipchura had (with the numerous scouts that saw him) and trade while his value might never be that high.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seriously people, was Chipchura on the lineup yesterday? You know that I prefer by a mile to have Chip at center and Lapierre on his wing, but that won't be the case. Chip is staying until we know how serious Bouillon's injury is. As soon as Bouillon comes back, Chip is gone. Sadly but that's just the way it. The way the 4th line played yesterday guaranteed a spot for Lapierre. And I'm obviously not talking about his hockey sense 'cause he doesn't have any. I'm talking about the hussling and the chances that line created. Lapierre is staying and will be playing on the 4th.

The way RDS reports that news about Chip, and I'm obviously reading way too much about that, Chip will be asking to be move. He obviously understand that a 3rd line spot will mostly be occupied by an offensive centerman. And then he understands the man crush Carbo and Co have for Lapierre at the center position on the 4th. Chipchura starts to understand that there's just no room for him in Montreal.

I hate this and we'll regret this (though it always depends on who we get) but it might be time for a trade prospect for prospect....

Chipchura for Benoit Pouliot? And we transform again Pouliot into a centerman, his position when he was in junior?

Again, not something I want to do but might as well benefit from the camp that Chipchura had (with the numerous scouts that saw him) and trade while his value might never be that high.
Interesting reasoning, but if that were the case, one would think that we would have played him last night to showcase him to the scouts, no?

Old
10-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
If that were the case, one would think that we would have played him last night to showcase him to the scouts, no?
No, 'cause scouts didn't just happen to be there just yesterday. They were there a couple of games before. Carbo prefers preparing his team to showcasing players. Anyway, where in that post I am saying that the Habs want to get rid of him? I'm saying that it might be Chipchura's decision to want to move on since there doesn't seem to be opening for him. Habs might want to retain him 'cause it gives them a better team in Hamilton and Chipchura becomes the first callup at the centerman position as much as people would like Maxwell to be.

Old
10-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good for Chips,it sucks that Max Pax got cut but in the end I think a year in Hamilton will be the best thing for him.I liked Chips even last year and still didn't understand why he was sent down but anyways,he had a great camp and deserves to be here

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Why would we trade him?

He's 22 ****ing years old! It's not because he likely didn't make the team that he's finished with the team.

He'll play between both leagues this year, get more experience, get better defensively and next year (or even maybe this year) he'll get the 3rd or 4th spot.

You're talking as there's never going to be any room for him and they don't want him. I repeat, he's 22yo!!!

He's exactly in the right track for his developpement, I don't get the need everyone has to rush him?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Why would we trade him?

He's 22 ****ing years old! It's not because he likely didn't make the team that he's finished with the team.

He'll play between both leagues this year, get more experience, get better defensively and next year (or even maybe this year) he'll get the 3rd or 4th spot.

You're talking as there's never going to be any room for him and they don't want him. I repeat, he's 22yo!!!

He's exactly in the right track for his developpement, I don't get the need everyone has to rush him?
Where did I stated that the Habs want to move him? I made a prediction that Chips, HIMSELF, might want to move? Why? 'Cause despite the numerous UFA's next year, are we going to be in a rebuilding mode? I don't think so. If not, who will be centering the 3rd and 4th next year. Let's say we don't re-sign Lang, are we seriously considering moving Lapierre up on the 3rd? He has no hockey sense on the 4th, imagine on the 3rd...if not Chipchura will then go from the minors to the 3rd? Possible but I don't think it will happen, we might want to stick with the identity of having 3 offensive lines makes up search for another centerman if Lang doesn't comeback. If so, where does Chipchura fits in there...another battle with Lapierre for the 4th.....and we'll know who win.

The only chance Chipchura has, in my opinion, is if they wake up and make Lapierre a winger. Cause as young as Chip is, Lapierre is not that old either. And Chip needs a 4th line spot to start his career in the NHL so he can after graduate in the 3rd which I think it would be his ceiling. Until Lapierre is there and at center, and until we keep our 3 offensive lines rolling, there's no room for Chip. But of course the Habs want to keep him, he still is their best insurance policy at that position.

Old
10-05-2008, 11:24 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Where did I stated that the Habs want to move him? I made a prediction that Chips, HIMSELF, might want to move? Why? 'Cause despite the numerous UFA's next year, are we going to be in a rebuilding mode? I don't think so. If not, who will be centering the 3rd and 4th next year. Let's say we don't re-sign Lang, are we seriously considering moving Lapierre up on the 3rd? He has no hockey sense on the 4th, imagine on the 3rd...if not Chipchura will then go from the minors to the 3rd? Possible but I don't think it will happen, we might want to stick with the identity of having 3 offensive lines makes up search for another centerman if Lang doesn't comeback. If so, where does Chipchura fits in there...another battle with Lapierre for the 4th.....and we'll know who win.

The only chance Chipchura has, in my opinion, is if they wake up and make Lapierre a winger. Cause as young as Chip is, Lapierre is not that old either. And Chip needs a 4th line spot to start his career in the NHL so he can after graduate in the 3rd which I think it would be his ceiling. Until Lapierre is there and at center, and until we keep our 3 offensive lines rolling, there's no room for Chip. But of course the Habs want to keep him, he still is their best insurance policy at that position.
Chipchura has absolutely no say in this regard... he could do a Grabovski and get everyone angry, plus getting a bad rep, but I highly doubt he's this kind of person.

He's still part of the future, we'll see what Lapierre will do (I personally like Lapierre as the center of the 4th line... I want them to be an energy line, not a scoring one... him, Begin and Laraque/Kosto will be a major pain in the ass for the other teams) and he might bump him if he can't deliver, just like SK did last year with Grabovski and Ryder.

Chipchura has to earn a spot by being better than the others and proving he can bring something else that the coach want. So far, Chips's good at everyting, but great at nothing, he'll have to find a way to be more than what he is right now... Personally, I see his niche as a shutdown center, so he has to become one... work harder in the defensive zone, cut down on the mistakes and improve drastically in PK abilities.

Old
10-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Chipchura has to earn a spot by being better than the others and proving he can bring something else that the coach want. So far, Chips's good at everyting, but great at nothing, he'll have to find a way to be more than what he is right now... Personally, I see his niche as a shutdown center, so he has to become one... work harder in the defensive zone, cut down on the mistakes and improve drastically in PK abilities.
He has done that. He's a better player than Lapierre.

Old
10-05-2008, 11:46 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
He has done that. He's a better player than Lapierre.
We'll see, but all indications point to the contrary, but maybe you know better than Carbonneau, Muller and Jarvis? (you could also add Gainey)

But, wait, I forgot that we HF posters are all better than them combine...

Old
10-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Chipchura has absolutely no say in this regard... he could do a Grabovski and get everyone angry, plus getting a bad rep, but I highly doubt he's this kind of person.

He's still part of the future, we'll see what Lapierre will do (I personally like Lapierre as the center of the 4th line... I want them to be an energy line, not a scoring one... him, Begin and Laraque/Kosto will be a major pain in the ass for the other teams) and he might bump him if he can't deliver, just like SK did last year with Grabovski and Ryder.

The bad rep of Grabovski gave him a spot in the first 2 lines and getting him tons of icetime 'cause he's given a real chance. Seems to me that what's Chipchura could be looking for as well. As far as Lapierre, well if you like him as a 4th line, you automatically mean that Chipchura's spot is the 3rd line center. So if Chipchura develops all of a sudden an offensive side to his game, maybe. If not, he won't be part of the identity of having 3 offensive lines. So if you don't have a shutdown line and you want Chipchura to be at the center of it, is there really any openings? You said you don't want a scoring 4th line....clearly putting Chipchura at the center of that line doesn't make it more offensive....but it might gives you the idea that on a line you could have the pest (Lapierre), the brains (Chip) and the tough guy on one line. Not too bad.

Old
10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
The bad rep of Grabovski gave him a spot in the first 2 lines and getting him tons of icetime 'cause he's given a real chance. Seems to me that what's Chipchura could be looking for as well. As far as Lapierre, well if you like him as a 4th line, you automatically mean that Chipchura's spot is the 3rd line center. So if Chipchura develops all of a sudden an offensive side to his game, maybe. If not, he won't be part of the identity of having 3 offensive lines. So if you don't have a shutdown line and you want Chipchura to be at the center of it, is there really any openings? You said you don't want a scoring 4th line....clearly putting Chipchura at the center of that line doesn't make it more offensive....but it might gives you the idea that on a line you could have the pest (Lapierre), the brains (Chip) and the tough guy on one line. Not too bad.
Yep... in 2009-2010... if Chips proves to the coaches and the GM that his brain doesn't have anymore cramps... It might actually happen this year, but so far it doesn't look like he impressed Carbo enough to bump, Lapierre, Begin, Kostopoulos and even Dandy...

Old
10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
JTWymanFan*

I think its pretty simple really. It's either Chipper or Lappy. My vote is 100% Chipper.
Lappy hasn't proven anything really. His faceoff % is horendous. He has a big trap but no couillones. He has better speed but thats about it. Chipper has a much better shot and has hockey vision Lappy could only dream about.

Quote:
Yep... in 2009-2010... if Chips proves to the coaches and the GM that his brain doesn't have anymore cramps... It might actually happen this year, but so far it doesn't look like he impressed Carbo enough to bump, Lapierre, Begin, Kostopoulos and even Dandy...

Because Lappy doesn't have any of these himself ?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 12:29 PM.
JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
We'll see, but all indications point to the contrary, but maybe you know better than Carbonneau, Muller and Jarvis? (you could also add Gainey)

But, wait, I forgot that we HF posters are all better than them combine...
Who's the best hockey player is arguable. But you do know that there are other things to consider than just the hockey skills right? Lapierre can't be send down, Chipchura can and so on....doesn't necessarilly mean that Lapierre is so much better.....they just have less options with him....

Old
10-05-2008, 11:56 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Who's the best hockey player is arguable. But you do know that there are other things in a decision like that than just the hockey skills right? Lapierre can't be send down, Chipchura can and so on....doesn't necesarilly mean that Lapierre is so much better.....they just have less options with him....

This is a great point.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 12:03 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Because Lappy doesn't have any of these himself ?
Yes, but they don't ask Lapierre to be a shutdown center, his qualities are his grit, speed and annoyance, 3 things (well, let say 2) that Chips doesn't have...

Look, I don't get why you guys are all putting Lappy down instead of Chip, they're 2 different kind of player and it seems that Carbo and cie prefer Lappy as the 4th line center, what's the problem? It's not like having Lappy instead of Chips will cost this team a great deal of losses?

As for the idea that it's only business that let Lappy in and chips down, come on... I know it's in the equation, but do you really think that Carbo and Gainey would put up with "losers" instead of "winners" for CBA consideration? All of that on the 100th season while being one of the favorites?

Come on, unlike some of you, these guys are patient and know that a season is long and it's not the decision to keep a 23yo 4th line center instead of a 22yo at the beginning of the season that will cost them the Cup...

Old
10-05-2008, 12:14 PM
tacocat

Denis and Henry on waivers

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/261073.html

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere.

Believe it or not, I hope Denis does not get claimed.

tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsoluteFate

Denis and Henri on waiver

if they dont get picked up they will be in Hamilton...

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Yes, but they don't ask Lapierre to be a shutdown center, his qualities are his grit, speed and annoyance, 3 things (well, let say 2) that Chips doesn't have...

Look, I don't get why you guys are all putting Lappy down instead of Chip, they're 2 different kind of player and it seems that Carbo and cie prefer Lappy as the 4th line center, what's the problem? It's not like having Lappy instead of Chips will cost this team a great deal of losses?

As for the idea that it's only business that let Lappy in and chips down, come on... I know it's in the equation, but do you really think that Carbo and Gainey would put up with "losers" instead of "winners" for CBA consideration? All of that on the 100th season while being one of the favorites?

Come on, unlike some of you, these guys are patient and know that a season is long and it's not the decision to keep a 23yo 4th line center instead of a 22yo at the beginning of the season that will cost them the Cup...
Unless things change 'cause we have 3 offensive lines, our 4th line in Carbo's system still plays more than any other 4th line in the league so their importance is obviously higher.

As far as all the other comments, well that typical of the black and white philosophy on this board. If we prefer Chip to Lappy, it makes one a winner and the other one a loser. And if we prefer Chip to Lappy, we automatically mean that with him we'll win a cup and with the other we won't make the playoffs. The gap doesn't need to be that big to actually prefer a player over another. And in this board, we just give our opinion. Of course, they prefer Lapierre, they chose him. But I'm not here to say who they prefer, that's pretty evident, one is one the ice, the other one isn't. And while it might not only be about business, funnily when they were able to send Lapierre down last year, they did. And don't tell me 'cause he improved 'cause I'm sorry but that's not true. He's good at what he's doing but didn't show me any improvement from last year. Chipchura on the other end, the more the camp progressed, the more he not only progressed during the camp but also compared to last year. And again, doesn't mean that those 2 still don't have flaws to correct.

Anyway, it just comes down to opinions.

Old
10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
HabsDood

Denis and henry waived..

Sent to Hamilton, must be waved 1st.. I haven't thought of that

Per RDS

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I hope Denis clears, he'll be awesome in the Hammer

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I haven't thought of that in either's case. They could be of some interest but I'm not saying they are.....(I don't want Blind Guardian to come in here and challenge me again....)

Old
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Well I wouldnt be surprised if Denis is picked up. He was actually decent in the preseason.

Old
10-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Blades 0f Steel

I've heard somewhere that Denis and Henry were waived to go to Hamilton, can anyone confirm?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Denis didn't have to be put on waivers due to his AHL salary (RDS TV) and Henry isn't sent down yet I think... or maybe he is (just saw the link - http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/261073.html)

KILLger is offline   Reply With Quote