HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oct 4th - Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild - [19h00] - CKAC, CJAD, RDS

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
A.Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Higgins
S.Kost - Lang - Lats
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopolous
Laraque/Pacioretty/Chipchura

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Boullion
Gorges - Brisebois
Weber

Now read carefully because it's not your strong suit. I didn't say waiving Dandenault had anything to do with having Pacioretty up. Got it? There we go into the season with 24 players. We save whatever cap space on Dandenault (2 million or something) and we get the players who are ready for the nhl some games. Now where are we missing a roster player? These aren't the set lines obviously as they will shift all season long. Where Pacioretty will fit in I dont see sitting Lats and putting him on the 3rd to be a problem.

I see that Pacioretty doesn't have to be sent down before a certain amount of games, thats good. But it's pretty obvious Dandenault doesn't have a place anymore. Kostopolous, Begin and Laraque could take turns warming the pressbox

Yeah whatever champ.

Hi kettle.
You clearly don't understand league rules

1) max roster size is 23 players not 24.... Fail.
2) you must waive dandenault to get him off your roster; you have just lost him for nothing... all for the sole purpose of keeping MaxPac on the team... that would be fine with me if MaxPac outplayed someone in the top 9 but.....
3) you have a 20 year old with no pro experience sitting in your pressbox.... FAIL.

TERRIBLE ASSET MANAGEMENT... IS YOUR NAME REGGIE HOULE??

Old
10-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
****ING AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
ENJOY!

I remember this! ****ING AWESOME AS WELL!

Old
10-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

so much for my first game in HD, I passed out 2 minutes into the game and just woke up.
at least i got a good 12 hours of sleep for the first time in a long time.

Old
10-05-2008, 07:07 AM
la25ecoupe

Hey guys, i heard that the fans booed the Canadiens during this game?

Old
10-05-2008, 07:35 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Generally happens when you pay a lot of money for a game and the team doesn't score or compete very hard.

Old
10-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
I heard Steven Stamkos was -1 in his first game.

Old
10-05-2008, 07:37 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
The Hate of Sergei Kostitsyn is getting pathetic around here. He clearly did his job tonight, Lang and Latendresse missed golden chances created by Sergei. I don't think I watch the same as most people then...

The only reason people are advocating any kind of hate against Sergei is because your over-the-top prepubescent crush on him is turning our stomachs. Face the facts, Sergei is a talented player and ate a bulldog when he was younger. But until he learns to use his shot and not make the pass all the time he's gonna get shut down by defencemen very quickly. He's gotta be able to throw different looks or he's not gonna be able to produce.

Old
10-05-2008, 08:16 AM
shredder11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Holy **** that csst ad is harsh.
yes it is
I work in ashop like that and would love that vid.
Could anyone you tube it for me?
I would love to show it to the guys at work,so they can see just how dangerous what they do can be.

Old
10-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder11 View Post
yes it is
I work in ashop like that and would love that vid.
Could anyone you tube it for me?
I would love to show it to the guys at work,so they can see just how dangerous what they do can be.
hold on, i'm uploading the video

Old
10-05-2008, 08:47 AM
shredder11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Houde View Post
hold on, i'm uploading the video
thanks I ended up getting it form a previous page

Old
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4QWl_8ceI

Old
10-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

If that game was any indication, the wild are going to be a force this year. I underestimated their team speed. Of course, we know what to expect from them from a team defense standpoint, but their team speed adds a whole new and dangerous dimension to their counterattack. We could be looking at the NW division champs here.

Gaborik looks inspired
Sheppard contiues to progress
Burns is one of the most underrated players in the league
PM Bouchard is a sparkplug

Those are just a few that their fans can be excited about
Anyways, about the habs, we know they are a supremely talented bunch that looks for the fancy goal. This is all fine and dandy but when it comes to well coached teams like Lemaire and when it comes to the playoffs, fancy goals are at an absolute premium. I hope the habs forwards can simplify their game when the time calls. It is my only real concern about the habs going into the playoffs... besides a bridge d-man for the top 3

Old
10-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Newhabfan

I'm scared. Are habs fans actually criticising the team/coaches/GM after one lost preseason game against a team playing great hockey and where the only thing at stake was 'don't get injured before the season starts' ?

And then, they were booing their team???? "we paid money and we want to see the show" ... That's so cheap - go see wrestling guys -plenty of show there.

Remember the word "fan" comes from "fanatic" - whoever boos his team after a midlevel performance in a preseason game does not deserve this title.

Old
10-05-2008, 09:14 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I'm scared. Are habs fans actually criticising the team/coaches/GM after one lost preseason game against a team playing great hockey and where the only thing at stake was 'don't get injured before the season starts' ?

And then, they were booing their team???? "we paid money and we want to see the show" ... That's so cheap - go see wrestling guys -plenty of show there.

Remember the word "fan" comes from "fanatic" - whoever boos his team after a midlevel performance in a preseason game does not deserve this title.
Everyone has a right to show their displeasure to a product that they pay a lot of money to see.

If I see a hockey game and my team gets shut out, blown out and doesn't perform, I will boo.

If I pay to see a concert and the sound is bad, the band messes up a lot and the singer is off key. I will boo, I will be dissapointed.

If I go to a highly touted restaurant and the food is garbage, I will complain, I will tell other people not to go.

Those are my rights as a paying customer, I get to show my displeasure if the services or the product is not up to par. Just as you would return something that didn't work properly and most likely not go back to a store that treated you like garbage and did not value your business nor did they give you a sufficient product.

So get off your high horse. Your holier-than-thou attitude is quite lame and I'm sure if you were paying and in attendance in the game you would be frustrated and booing to. So don't give me anymore of that garbage.

Old
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
znk

Quote:
A.Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Higgins
S.Kost - Lang - Lats
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopolous
Laraque/Pacioretty/Chipchura

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Boullion
Gorges - Brisebois
Weber

Now read carefully because it's not your strong suit. I didn't say waiving Dandenault had anything to do with having Pacioretty up. Got it? There we go into the season with 24 players. We save whatever cap space on Dandenault (2 million or something) and we get the players who are ready for the nhl some games. Now where are we missing a roster player? These aren't the set lines obviously as they will shift all season long. Where Pacioretty will fit in I dont see sitting Lats and putting him on the 3rd to be a problem.

I see that Pacioretty doesn't have to be sent down before a certain amount of games, thats good. But it's pretty obvious Dandenault doesn't have a place anymore. Kostopolous, Begin and Laraque could take turns warming the pressbox

Yeah whatever champ.

Hi kettle.
So you propose we change league rules? why didnt you say so first! Makes total sense now.

Learn the league rules before you start throwing **** around.

Old
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Hey, I heard that the sun rose this morning....

Old
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Speaking of "throwing in the towel", it's the ****ing preseason. Alex Tanguay has yet to play a single game for us that counts towards the standings and you're ready to say we overpaid for him and we should be ready to throw in the towel?

Get serious.
I guess your humour detector is defective.

Stll, my point is: we paid handsomely to rent this player for one year. For the love of God, can't we play him in the position he established himself as a star at? Is there any reason to put him behind sophomore Andrei Kostitsyn in the pecking order of LWs on the team?

Besides, Andrei too is playing his off-wing. Perhaps last year, at season's start, he needed the help from Kovy and Pleks, but now he should have enough confidence to move back to RW and give a boost to Koivu and Higgins playing his natural side.

Old
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

Stll, my point is: we paid handsomely to rent this player for one year. For the love of God, can't we play him in the position he established himself as a star at? Is there any reason to put him behind sophomore Andrei Kostitsyn in the pecking order of LWs on the team?

Besides, Andrei too is playing his off-wing. Perhaps last year, at season's start, he needed the help from Kovy and Pleks, but now he should have enough confidence to move back to RW and give a boost to Koivu and Higgins playing his natural side.

It's Carbo, man.

ZOMG 2 OF 3 GOALS WERE BLOCKER SIDE.

Careyy is weakk blockaaaaa side

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old
10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
you guys thought that that ad was graphic?

i've come across this German safety video about a guy named "Hans". It was probably the most graphic thing i've ever seen. It was unreal.

ENJOY!

LMAO, my god thats exactly what i needed after seeing that terrible ad.

Old
10-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Everyone has a right to show their displeasure to a product that they pay a lot of money to see.

If I see a hockey game and my team gets shut out, blown out and doesn't perform, I will boo.

If I pay to see a concert and the sound is bad, the band messes up a lot and the singer is off key. I will boo, I will be dissapointed.

If I go to a highly touted restaurant and the food is garbage, I will complain, I will tell other people not to go.

Those are my rights as a paying customer, I get to show my displeasure if the services or the product is not up to par. Just as you would return something that didn't work properly and most likely not go back to a store that treated you like garbage and did not value your business nor did they give you a sufficient product.

So get off your high horse. Your holier-than-thou attitude is quite lame and I'm sure if you were paying and in attendance in the game you would be frustrated and booing to. So don't give me anymore of that garbage.
You are right to some extend. But this qualifies you to the title of "sport consumer" - nothing really bad about it and less of "Habs fan(atic)". You go to a game to see a show and the players on the ice are paid entertainers. And there are a lot more like you in the Bell Centre (probably the majority since prices are that high).

And then you ask for players to have "the CH tattooed on their heart".

This is the part I find the hardest to digest in north american sports. Everything has to be a show.

Old
10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
As I wrote, Lats was not good in carrying the puck. In this I would say Lang first, SKost second and Lats third. What I deplore is the lack of SKost to deliver the puck in this game, to other players after carrying it.
Today, there was three lines: Plekanec, Lang and Lapierre.
Lack of finishing touch and the first period was absolutely awfull. Tremblant definitively didn't help...

Edit: This was the last pre-season game. It showed the bad side of the team.
I do remember one time where Lats made a good rush from our zone all the way to the other side and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to do so last year before his powerskating workout.

That said, I don't think it's Lats job to carry the puck on that line anyway. Like you, I think SKost and Lang are more suited for that job although Lang is a little bit slow for it. SKost did have a couple of pretty good passes in this game but was definitaly the worse player on his line.

However, he'll need to get better in his decison making when entering the offensive zone because I clearly remember a couple of times when he should have simply dumped the puck and went after it and instead tried to do a Kovalev-esque zone entry. Otherwise, if learns to shoot the puck more, he'll have a great year with Lang and Latendresse who are both underrated passers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

The Koivu line didn't play well last game but let's give them the time to develop chemistry. If they do, we'll basically have 2 first line and a good second line with the Akost-Plek-Kovy, Higgy-Koivy-Tangs and Lats-Lang-Skost respectively. One of the reasons why the Kovy line works so well is that Akost and Kovy are both very strong in the corners which prevents Plek from having to fight too much by the boards. I'm not sure this line would work so well with Tanguay who is more of a perimeter player.

However, I do like the idea of having Akost on Koivu's right side if Tanguay can't find chemistry with Koivu and, in any case, we have lots of options if it comes down to dismantling the Akost-Plek-Kovy line.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old
10-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
I do remember one time where Lats made a good rush from our zone all the way to the other side and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to do so last year before his powerskating workout.

That said, I don't think it's Lats job to carry the puck on that line anyway. Like you, I think SKost and Lang are more suited for that job although Lang is a little bit slow for it. SKost did have a couple of pretty good passes in this game but was definitaly the worse player on his line.

However, he'll need to get better in his decison making when entering the offensive zone because I clearly remember a couple of times when he should have simply dumped the puck and went after it and instead tried to do a Kovalev-esque zone entry. Otherwise, if learns to shoot the puck more, he'll have a great year with Lang and Latendresse who are both underrated passers.

The Koivu line didn't play well last game but let's give them the time to develop chemistry. If they do, we'll basically have 2 first line and a good second line with the Akost-Plek-Kovy, Higgy-Koivy-Tangs and Lats-Lang-Skost respectively. One of the reasons why the Kovy line works so well is that Akost and Kovy are both very strong in the corners which prevents Plek from having to fight too much by the boards. I'm not sure this line would work so well with Tanguay who is more of a perimeter player.

However, I do like the idea of having Akost on Koivu's right side if Tanguay can't find chemistry with Koivu and, in any case, we have lots of options if it comes down to dismantling the Akost-Plek-Kovy line.
If we have to split the lines, I'd prefer to move Higgins to the Kovy line

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy
Tang - Koivu - AKost.

But i agree for now lets see if the second line can build chemistry.... I'd rather not break up the ATAK line since they work so well together.

Old
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
You clearly don't understand league rules
1) max roster size is 23 players not 24.... Fail.
Ever hear of the injured reserve list? "Fail" What are you 13 years old?

Quote:
2) you must waive dandenault to get him off your roster; you have just lost him for nothing... all for the sole purpose of keeping MaxPac on the team... that would be fine with me if MaxPac outplayed someone in the top 9 but.....
Dandenault has a poor salary and he is taking up a roster spot. If he can be traded then that would be preferrable.

Quote:
3) you have a 20 year old with no pro experience sitting in your pressbox.... FAIL.
Wow, seriously go read. Moderators even.

Quote:
TERRIBLE ASSET MANAGEMENT... IS YOUR NAME REGGIE HOULE??
Hey someone found the caps lock key, good for you.

Quote:

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
If we have to split the lines, I'd prefer to move Higgins to the Kovy line

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy
Tang - Koivu - AKost.

But i agree for now lets see if the second line can build chemistry.... I'd rather not break up the ATAK line since they work so well together.
Exactly my thought, the Kovy line will evidently loose some skill with the swap between Higgins and AKost but I think that Chris can replace Andrei in the role of the hard forechecker. Higgins will also provide some good corner work like AKost and has some chemistry with Plekanec from their AHL days. Finally, I think that the Koivu line would benefit a lot from this since they would be getting a more adept scorer to finish their plays.

Old
10-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
"Fail" What are you 13 years old?
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...1&postcount=48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble
Go watch 2 fast 2 furious, you fail.

Closed Thread