HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oct 4th - Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild - [19h00] - CKAC, CJAD, RDS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2008, 02:15 AM
  #376
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
A.Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Higgins
S.Kost - Lang - Lats
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopolous
Laraque/Pacioretty/Chipchura

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Boullion
Gorges - Brisebois
Weber

Now read carefully because it's not your strong suit. I didn't say waiving Dandenault had anything to do with having Pacioretty up. Got it? There we go into the season with 24 players. We save whatever cap space on Dandenault (2 million or something) and we get the players who are ready for the nhl some games. Now where are we missing a roster player? These aren't the set lines obviously as they will shift all season long. Where Pacioretty will fit in I dont see sitting Lats and putting him on the 3rd to be a problem.

I see that Pacioretty doesn't have to be sent down before a certain amount of games, thats good. But it's pretty obvious Dandenault doesn't have a place anymore. Kostopolous, Begin and Laraque could take turns warming the pressbox



Yeah whatever champ.



Hi kettle.
You clearly don't understand league rules

1) max roster size is 23 players not 24.... Fail.
2) you must waive dandenault to get him off your roster; you have just lost him for nothing... all for the sole purpose of keeping MaxPac on the team... that would be fine with me if MaxPac outplayed someone in the top 9 but.....
3) you have a 20 year old with no pro experience sitting in your pressbox.... FAIL.

TERRIBLE ASSET MANAGEMENT... IS YOUR NAME REGGIE HOULE??


Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 02:40 AM
  #377
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
****ING AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
ENJOY!

I remember this! ****ING AWESOME AS WELL!

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 06:34 AM
  #378
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,627
vCash: 500
so much for my first game in HD, I passed out 2 minutes into the game and just woke up.
at least i got a good 12 hours of sleep for the first time in a long time.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 07:07 AM
  #379
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
Hey guys, i heard that the fans booed the Canadiens during this game?

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 07:35 AM
  #380
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Hey guys, i heard that the fans booed the Canadiens during this game?
Generally happens when you pay a lot of money for a game and the team doesn't score or compete very hard.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 07:35 AM
  #381
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Hey guys, i heard that the fans booed the Canadiens during this game?
I heard Steven Stamkos was -1 in his first game.

Boulette Cannon is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 07:37 AM
  #382
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
The Hate of Sergei Kostitsyn is getting pathetic around here. He clearly did his job tonight, Lang and Latendresse missed golden chances created by Sergei. I don't think I watch the same as most people then...


The only reason people are advocating any kind of hate against Sergei is because your over-the-top prepubescent crush on him is turning our stomachs. Face the facts, Sergei is a talented player and ate a bulldog when he was younger. But until he learns to use his shot and not make the pass all the time he's gonna get shut down by defencemen very quickly. He's gotta be able to throw different looks or he's not gonna be able to produce.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 08:16 AM
  #383
shredder11
Registered User
 
shredder11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Holy **** that csst ad is harsh.
yes it is
I work in ashop like that and would love that vid.
Could anyone you tube it for me?
I would love to show it to the guys at work,so they can see just how dangerous what they do can be.

shredder11 is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 08:43 AM
  #384
Louis Houde
Registered User
 
Louis Houde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trois-rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder11 View Post
yes it is
I work in ashop like that and would love that vid.
Could anyone you tube it for me?
I would love to show it to the guys at work,so they can see just how dangerous what they do can be.
hold on, i'm uploading the video

Louis Houde is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 08:47 AM
  #385
shredder11
Registered User
 
shredder11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Houde View Post
hold on, i'm uploading the video
thanks I ended up getting it form a previous page

shredder11 is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
  #386
Louis Houde
Registered User
 
Louis Houde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trois-rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4QWl_8ceI

Louis Houde is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 08:54 AM
  #387
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
If that game was any indication, the wild are going to be a force this year. I underestimated their team speed. Of course, we know what to expect from them from a team defense standpoint, but their team speed adds a whole new and dangerous dimension to their counterattack. We could be looking at the NW division champs here.

Gaborik looks inspired
Sheppard contiues to progress
Burns is one of the most underrated players in the league
PM Bouchard is a sparkplug

Those are just a few that their fans can be excited about
Anyways, about the habs, we know they are a supremely talented bunch that looks for the fancy goal. This is all fine and dandy but when it comes to well coached teams like Lemaire and when it comes to the playoffs, fancy goals are at an absolute premium. I hope the habs forwards can simplify their game when the time calls. It is my only real concern about the habs going into the playoffs... besides a bridge d-man for the top 3

Hackett is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 09:06 AM
  #388
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,048
vCash: 500
I'm scared. Are habs fans actually criticising the team/coaches/GM after one lost preseason game against a team playing great hockey and where the only thing at stake was 'don't get injured before the season starts' ?

And then, they were booing their team???? "we paid money and we want to see the show" ... That's so cheap - go see wrestling guys -plenty of show there.

Remember the word "fan" comes from "fanatic" - whoever boos his team after a midlevel performance in a preseason game does not deserve this title.

Newhabfan is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 09:14 AM
  #389
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I'm scared. Are habs fans actually criticising the team/coaches/GM after one lost preseason game against a team playing great hockey and where the only thing at stake was 'don't get injured before the season starts' ?

And then, they were booing their team???? "we paid money and we want to see the show" ... That's so cheap - go see wrestling guys -plenty of show there.

Remember the word "fan" comes from "fanatic" - whoever boos his team after a midlevel performance in a preseason game does not deserve this title.
Everyone has a right to show their displeasure to a product that they pay a lot of money to see.

If I see a hockey game and my team gets shut out, blown out and doesn't perform, I will boo.

If I pay to see a concert and the sound is bad, the band messes up a lot and the singer is off key. I will boo, I will be dissapointed.

If I go to a highly touted restaurant and the food is garbage, I will complain, I will tell other people not to go.

Those are my rights as a paying customer, I get to show my displeasure if the services or the product is not up to par. Just as you would return something that didn't work properly and most likely not go back to a store that treated you like garbage and did not value your business nor did they give you a sufficient product.

So get off your high horse. Your holier-than-thou attitude is quite lame and I'm sure if you were paying and in attendance in the game you would be frustrated and booing to. So don't give me anymore of that garbage.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
  #390
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
A.Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Higgins
S.Kost - Lang - Lats
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopolous
Laraque/Pacioretty/Chipchura

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Boullion
Gorges - Brisebois
Weber

Now read carefully because it's not your strong suit. I didn't say waiving Dandenault had anything to do with having Pacioretty up. Got it? There we go into the season with 24 players. We save whatever cap space on Dandenault (2 million or something) and we get the players who are ready for the nhl some games. Now where are we missing a roster player? These aren't the set lines obviously as they will shift all season long. Where Pacioretty will fit in I dont see sitting Lats and putting him on the 3rd to be a problem.

I see that Pacioretty doesn't have to be sent down before a certain amount of games, thats good. But it's pretty obvious Dandenault doesn't have a place anymore. Kostopolous, Begin and Laraque could take turns warming the pressbox



Yeah whatever champ.



Hi kettle.
So you propose we change league rules? why didnt you say so first! Makes total sense now.

Learn the league rules before you start throwing **** around.

znk is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
  #391
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Hey guys, i heard that the fans booed the Canadiens during this game?
Hey, I heard that the sun rose this morning....

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
  #392
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Speaking of "throwing in the towel", it's the ****ing preseason. Alex Tanguay has yet to play a single game for us that counts towards the standings and you're ready to say we overpaid for him and we should be ready to throw in the towel?

Get serious.
I guess your humour detector is defective.

Stll, my point is: we paid handsomely to rent this player for one year. For the love of God, can't we play him in the position he established himself as a star at? Is there any reason to put him behind sophomore Andrei Kostitsyn in the pecking order of LWs on the team?

Besides, Andrei too is playing his off-wing. Perhaps last year, at season's start, he needed the help from Kovy and Pleks, but now he should have enough confidence to move back to RW and give a boost to Koivu and Higgins playing his natural side.

BaseballCoach is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
  #393
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I guess your humour detector is defective.

Stll, my point is: we paid handsomely to rent this player for one year. For the love of God, can't we play him in the position he established himself as a star at? Is there any reason to put him behind sophomore Andrei Kostitsyn in the pecking order of LWs on the team?

Besides, Andrei too is playing his off-wing. Perhaps last year, at season's start, he needed the help from Kovy and Pleks, but now he should have enough confidence to move back to RW and give a boost to Koivu and Higgins playing his natural side.

It's Carbo, man.

ZOMG 2 OF 3 GOALS WERE BLOCKER SIDE.

Careyy is weakk blockaaaaa side


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 12:39 PM.
WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
  #394
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
you guys thought that that ad was graphic?

i've come across this German safety video about a guy named "Hans". It was probably the most graphic thing i've ever seen. It was unreal.

ENJOY!

LMAO, my god thats exactly what i needed after seeing that terrible ad.

JAVO16 is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 11:09 AM
  #395
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Everyone has a right to show their displeasure to a product that they pay a lot of money to see.

If I see a hockey game and my team gets shut out, blown out and doesn't perform, I will boo.

If I pay to see a concert and the sound is bad, the band messes up a lot and the singer is off key. I will boo, I will be dissapointed.

If I go to a highly touted restaurant and the food is garbage, I will complain, I will tell other people not to go.

Those are my rights as a paying customer, I get to show my displeasure if the services or the product is not up to par. Just as you would return something that didn't work properly and most likely not go back to a store that treated you like garbage and did not value your business nor did they give you a sufficient product.

So get off your high horse. Your holier-than-thou attitude is quite lame and I'm sure if you were paying and in attendance in the game you would be frustrated and booing to. So don't give me anymore of that garbage.
You are right to some extend. But this qualifies you to the title of "sport consumer" - nothing really bad about it and less of "Habs fan(atic)". You go to a game to see a show and the players on the ice are paid entertainers. And there are a lot more like you in the Bell Centre (probably the majority since prices are that high).

And then you ask for players to have "the CH tattooed on their heart".

This is the part I find the hardest to digest in north american sports. Everything has to be a show.

Newhabfan is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
  #396
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
As I wrote, Lats was not good in carrying the puck. In this I would say Lang first, SKost second and Lats third. What I deplore is the lack of SKost to deliver the puck in this game, to other players after carrying it.
Today, there was three lines: Plekanec, Lang and Lapierre.
Lack of finishing touch and the first period was absolutely awfull. Tremblant definitively didn't help...

Edit: This was the last pre-season game. It showed the bad side of the team.
I do remember one time where Lats made a good rush from our zone all the way to the other side and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to do so last year before his powerskating workout.

That said, I don't think it's Lats job to carry the puck on that line anyway. Like you, I think SKost and Lang are more suited for that job although Lang is a little bit slow for it. SKost did have a couple of pretty good passes in this game but was definitaly the worse player on his line.

However, he'll need to get better in his decison making when entering the offensive zone because I clearly remember a couple of times when he should have simply dumped the puck and went after it and instead tried to do a Kovalev-esque zone entry. Otherwise, if learns to shoot the puck more, he'll have a great year with Lang and Latendresse who are both underrated passers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I guess your humour detector is defective.

Stll, my point is: we paid handsomely to rent this player for one year. For the love of God, can't we play him in the position he established himself as a star at? Is there any reason to put him behind sophomore Andrei Kostitsyn in the pecking order of LWs on the team?

Besides, Andrei too is playing his off-wing. Perhaps last year, at season's start, he needed the help from Kovy and Pleks, but now he should have enough confidence to move back to RW and give a boost to Koivu and Higgins playing his natural side.
The Koivu line didn't play well last game but let's give them the time to develop chemistry. If they do, we'll basically have 2 first line and a good second line with the Akost-Plek-Kovy, Higgy-Koivy-Tangs and Lats-Lang-Skost respectively. One of the reasons why the Kovy line works so well is that Akost and Kovy are both very strong in the corners which prevents Plek from having to fight too much by the boards. I'm not sure this line would work so well with Tanguay who is more of a perimeter player.

However, I do like the idea of having Akost on Koivu's right side if Tanguay can't find chemistry with Koivu and, in any case, we have lots of options if it comes down to dismantling the Akost-Plek-Kovy line.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 12:39 PM.
JAVO16 is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 12:40 PM
  #397
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
I do remember one time where Lats made a good rush from our zone all the way to the other side and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to do so last year before his powerskating workout.

That said, I don't think it's Lats job to carry the puck on that line anyway. Like you, I think SKost and Lang are more suited for that job although Lang is a little bit slow for it. SKost did have a couple of pretty good passes in this game but was definitaly the worse player on his line.

However, he'll need to get better in his decison making when entering the offensive zone because I clearly remember a couple of times when he should have simply dumped the puck and went after it and instead tried to do a Kovalev-esque zone entry. Otherwise, if learns to shoot the puck more, he'll have a great year with Lang and Latendresse who are both underrated passers.



The Koivu line didn't play well last game but let's give them the time to develop chemistry. If they do, we'll basically have 2 first line and a good second line with the Akost-Plek-Kovy, Higgy-Koivy-Tangs and Lats-Lang-Skost respectively. One of the reasons why the Kovy line works so well is that Akost and Kovy are both very strong in the corners which prevents Plek from having to fight too much by the boards. I'm not sure this line would work so well with Tanguay who is more of a perimeter player.

However, I do like the idea of having Akost on Koivu's right side if Tanguay can't find chemistry with Koivu and, in any case, we have lots of options if it comes down to dismantling the Akost-Plek-Kovy line.
If we have to split the lines, I'd prefer to move Higgins to the Kovy line

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy
Tang - Koivu - AKost.

But i agree for now lets see if the second line can build chemistry.... I'd rather not break up the ATAK line since they work so well together.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
  #398
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
You clearly don't understand league rules
1) max roster size is 23 players not 24.... Fail.
Ever hear of the injured reserve list? "Fail" What are you 13 years old?

Quote:
2) you must waive dandenault to get him off your roster; you have just lost him for nothing... all for the sole purpose of keeping MaxPac on the team... that would be fine with me if MaxPac outplayed someone in the top 9 but.....
Dandenault has a poor salary and he is taking up a roster spot. If he can be traded then that would be preferrable.

Quote:
3) you have a 20 year old with no pro experience sitting in your pressbox.... FAIL.
Wow, seriously go read. Moderators even.

Quote:
TERRIBLE ASSET MANAGEMENT... IS YOUR NAME REGGIE HOULE??
Hey someone found the caps lock key, good for you.

Quote:


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-05-2008 at 02:57 PM.
OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
  #399
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
If we have to split the lines, I'd prefer to move Higgins to the Kovy line

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy
Tang - Koivu - AKost.

But i agree for now lets see if the second line can build chemistry.... I'd rather not break up the ATAK line since they work so well together.
Exactly my thought, the Kovy line will evidently loose some skill with the swap between Higgins and AKost but I think that Chris can replace Andrei in the role of the hard forechecker. Higgins will also provide some good corner work like AKost and has some chemistry with Plekanec from their AHL days. Finally, I think that the Koivu line would benefit a lot from this since they would be getting a more adept scorer to finish their plays.

JAVO16 is offline  
Old
10-05-2008, 02:31 PM
  #400
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
"Fail" What are you 13 years old?
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...1&postcount=48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble
Go watch 2 fast 2 furious, you fail.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.