HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #8 -- Flyers at New Jersey -- 10/04/08 -- 7:00 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2008, 08:23 PM
  #51
Ri hards
Registered User
 
Ri hards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Briere Goal?

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:23 PM
  #52
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,057
vCash: 1071
Briere goal.

Yeah, Charlie, it sounded like he pulled a Laforest. ;-)

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
  #53
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
Kaktus, I think Briere may have heard you.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:25 PM
  #54
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Kaktus, I think Briere may have heard you.
It is about time he pulls his own weight.

Anyway Stevens better kick Hartnells, Upshall and Carters *****... Not doing anything on the ice really.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-04-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
  #55
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Gordie Howe for cannon?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
  #56
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Gordie Howe for cannon?
Never thought of it, but yes he did.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 10:54 PM
  #57
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Seems like the only guy that is playing is Mike Richards.. Where the **** is Briere? 6.5 million plays with no responsibilites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
It is about time he pulls his own weight.

Anyway Stevens better kick Hartnells, Upshall and Carters *****... Not doing anything on the ice really.
According to the box score, Briere had three points. I know it's not all about the points and scoring in hockey, but Danny Briere was signed to this team to put up points--and that is what he did.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 11:16 PM
  #58
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers
 
six sigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
According to the box score, Briere had three points. I know it's not all about the points and scoring in hockey, but Danny Briere was signed to this team to put up points--and that is what he did.
I think people are too hard on Briere sometimes. We'd all like to have a squad full of two-way forwards but that's just not his bag. Lined up with Gags and Richards he is going to put up a crapload of points this year.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 07:00 AM
  #59
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Seems like the only guy that is playing is Mike Richards.. Where the **** is Briere? 6.5 million plays with no responsibilites.
Yeah three points tonight. Total **** right. He's doing his job putting up numbers. He's not a defenseman and he never will be a two way player. He will however put up a boat load of points with regular linemates. It was miraculous that he even put up 70 points last year.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 08:41 AM
  #60
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah three points tonight. Total **** right. He's doing his job putting up numbers. He's not a defenseman and he never will be a two way player. He will however put up a boat load of points with regular linemates. It was miraculous that he even put up 70 points last year.
He is not?

He is minus 3 in 2 games with 2G and 2A. That includes one empty net goal on PP against Washington, one fluke assist when Richards scored and second fluke assist on a a goal scored by Gagne. The rest of the time he was invisible. He does not check players because he is too small, he does not play good in his own zone 5 on 5 because I do not know why, he also does not PK. If not for Mike Richards (who always pushes and leaves everything on the ice) Danny would not have a good game. So nothing really changed and that is unacceptable. Now go back to stats list and yap all you want.

He plays with Gagne and Richards. I hope he would show some d-vse abilities..

And I said it before he actually scored that 3 goal. I am waiting for him to step up as well as other players Hartnell & Upshall and their dumb penalties as well Carter.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-05-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:29 AM
  #61
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
He is not?

He is minus 3 in 2 games with 2G and 2A. That includes one empty net goal on PP against Washington, one fluke assist when Richards scored and second fluke assist on a a goal scored by Gagne. The rest of the time he was invisible. He does not check players because he is too small, he does not play good in his own zone 5 on 5 because I do not know why, he also does not PK. If not for Mike Richards (who always pushes and leaves everything on the ice) Danny would not have a good game. So nothing really changed and that is unacceptable. Now go back to stats list and yap all you want.

He plays with Gagne and Richards. I hope he would show some d-vse abilities..

And I said it before he actually scored that 3 goal. I am waiting for him to step up as well as other players Hartnell & Upshall and their dumb penalties as well Carter.
I think you are missing one of the reasons why he is playing with Gagne and Richards. He is playing with them for precisely the reason you say, because they will pick up the defensive slack.

Again, Danny Briere was not signed to this team because of his two-way ability. He was signed to score goals, set-up other players and help our dismal powerplay--which he did. They went from last in the league to second in the league on the PP. Having Briere on the top unit of said PP unit was a huge reason for that improvement.

He averaged 2 pts. per game in the pre-season. I hardly call that dismal and 'not stepping it up.'

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:47 AM
  #62
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
I think you are missing one of the reasons why he is playing with Gagne and Richards. He is playing with them for precisely the reason you say, because they will pick up the defensive slack.
I think you are forgetting how he played in playoffs. He played center and played well. Which means he can do it.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:09 AM
  #63
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
He is not?

He is minus 3 in 2 games with 2G and 2A. That includes one empty net goal on PP against Washington, one fluke assist when Richards scored and second fluke assist on a a goal scored by Gagne. The rest of the time he was invisible. He does not check players because he is too small, he does not play good in his own zone 5 on 5 because I do not know why, he also does not PK. If not for Mike Richards (who always pushes and leaves everything on the ice) Danny would not have a good game. So nothing really changed and that is unacceptable. Now go back to stats list and yap all you want.

He plays with Gagne and Richards. I hope he would show some d-vse abilities..

And I said it before he actually scored that 3 goal. I am waiting for him to step up as well as other players Hartnell & Upshall and their dumb penalties as well Carter.
Yeah fella, you have no clue at all do you. Fluke assists ha. Did he not win the faceoff clean creating a chance? Thats possibly the most stupid thing i have heard all year. He doesn't PK because he doesn't have too. We have a big range of players that can do it so why should we put a horrible defensive player out there. Are you retarded? So if briere has 150 assists next year and they are all "flukey" are you going to moan?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:17 AM
  #64
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah fella, you have no clue at all do you. Fluke assists ha. Did he not win the faceoff clean creating a chance? Thats possibly the most stupid thing i have heard all year. He doesn't PK because he doesn't have too. We have a big range of players that can do it so why should we put a horrible defensive player out there. Are you retarded? So if briere has 150 assists next year and they are all "flukey" are you going to moan?
I say stupid things?

He does not go into corners because he does not have to, he does not play D because he does not have to, he does not PK because he does not have to, he does not throw checks because he does not have to (actualy I do not hold this one against him he is small). How about playing with some spank? Nope, he does not have to. How about hustling like Brian Gionta who is also small.. Nope he does not have to.

So what does he have to do? He was ****ing booed in W center last season. I wonder why was that? You are one delusional fan. All I heard yesterday was Mike RIchards this and Mike Richards that before Danny scored that ES goal.

Briere was a much better player before he came here and as a fan I want to see effort especially against Devils.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-05-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
  #65
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I think you are forgetting how he played in playoffs. He played center and played well. Which means he can do it.
1-No where did I say he can't play center. In fact, I was one of the few here who wanted to see him stay at center.

2-More importantly, I think you disputed your own point. You admitted he played well in the playoffs, he had three points, including a goal, last night. I think you may be setting your expectation of Briere a wee bit too high. I really don't know what you expect of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I say stupid things?

He does not go into corners because he does not have to, he does not play D because he does not have to, he does not PK because he does not have to, he does not throw checks because he does not have to (actualy I do not hold this one against him he is small). How about playing with some spank? Nope, he does not have to. How about hustling like Brian Gionta who is also small.. Nope he does not have to.
I disagree, I think Briere often plays with a lot a spunk for someone his size.

Quote:
So what does he have to do? He was ****ing booed in W center last season. I wonder why was that? You are one delusional fan. All I heard yesterday was Mike RIchards this and Mike Richards that before Danny scored that ES goal.
Flyers fans are tough, no doubt about it. I love them for it. Danny hit a rough patch in the middle of the season and got booed for it. But you need to take into consideration the revolving door of linemates he had during that stretch. Early in the season when he had the consistency of playing with Gagne, Briere did well. Late in the season and in the playoffs, he had the consistencey of playing with Prospal, Briere did well. Again, he is just getting to learn his linemates. Forget Buffalo, Briere's own history in Philadlephia proves that when he has at least one consistent winger with him, he will excel.

Quote:
Briere was a much better player before he came here and as a fan I want to see effort especially against Devils.
Briere played a whopping two pre-season games at a position he is not entirely used to. Let's give him some time to get familiar with a new position and somewhat new linemates before we send him off to the firing squad.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 01:21 PM
  #66
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
If anyone against him playing on RW it’s me.

I am not going back and fourth with you on this again.. You like the way he played in last two games (even know it means nothing because it is still pre-season) fine by me. Enjoy and have a beer. Two fluke assist and then I made a comment about him playing well and a friend from UK was all over me.

I did not see spank last regular season from him. No idea wtf you were watching.

I have my standards high after I saw his performance in playoffs. He can do it and he must do it this season. Show us (fans) something. Not mediocre regular season I do not want to see it again. It is about time Flyers fans get a UFA who will outperform his contract. Now when was the last time it happen for us in Philly? I do not even remember.

He has Gagne now and I hope our retarded head coach can find a RW for him and I want to see effort. I want to see 80pts plus minus 10 I am ok with minus 10 even.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 01:27 PM
  #67
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Enjoy and have a beer. Two fluke assist and then I made a comment about him playing well and a friend from UK was all over me.
AND there it is. Get over yourself. Your american, i'm from the UK. It means jack **** when it comes to hockey. Stop being a bitter little freak.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 01:31 PM
  #68
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
AND there it is. Get over yourself. Your american, i'm from the UK. It means jack **** when it comes to hockey. Stop being a bitter little freak.
Right...

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 01:38 PM
  #69
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
AND there it is. Get over yourself. Your american, i'm from the UK. It means jack **** when it comes to hockey. Stop being a bitter little freak.
??

the **** is going on

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 02:10 PM
  #70
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
Enough.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 02:11 PM
  #71
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
??

the **** is going on
Funny thing that he said it to a 100% wrong guy. I actually loled

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.