HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Player sticks

Old
10-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 500
Player sticks

Alright, so I play hockey mostly just for fun. I play street hockey on foot every week. We don't take it all that seriously. However, over the past year, I've been experimenting with different sticks (I mostly buy cheaper wooden ones, under $50), and I found one type that worked particularly well for me. I don't know much about the curve of a stick and stuff, but I know the name on the stick was Tony Amonte. I haven't been able to find anymore sticks like it and its getting pretty close to unusable.

So, my question is: Is there a player with a similar curve and lie, or a site I can find that could tell me this? I've tried google, but haven't found anything remotely useful.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 01:01 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
That's a Reebok Stick, with the Amonte blade pattern, which is now known as the Bergeron.
http://hockeymonkey.com/rbk-blade-patterns.html

As for what model stick, probably the 1k, that's the only wood stick I can think of them making.

It looks like they don't make them with that pattern anymore though. It's a generic or the crosby, which is nothing like that pattern.

Oh, that pattern is referred to as a mid curve, which means the bend is in the middle of the blade, deep, which means that it has a lot of curve on it, and closed. that means it has no upward twist. Lie on that is 6- pretty generic.

CCM's Thornton is exactly the same in terms of stat line, but leans forward a little more. But that should do you pretty well.
http://hockeymonkey.com/ccm-vector--...-patterns.html

Shame Koho doesn't exist anymore- the Jagr was virtually identical.

Sherwood Coffey is about the same thing too.

Last edited by cptjeff: 10-05-2008 at 01:07 AM.
cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
That's a Reebok Stick, with the Amonte blade pattern, which is now known as the Bergeron.
http://hockeymonkey.com/rbk-blade-patterns.html

As for what model stick, probably the 1k, that's the only wood stick I can think of them making.

It looks like they don't make them with that pattern anymore though. It's a generic or the crosby, which is nothing like that pattern.

Oh, that pattern is referred to as a mid curve, which means the bend is in the middle of the blade, deep, which means that it has a lot of curve on it, and closed. that means it has no upward twist. Lie on that is 6- pretty generic.

CCM's Thornton is exactly the same in terms of stat line, but leans forward a little more. But that should do you pretty well.
http://hockeymonkey.com/ccm-vector--...-patterns.html

Shame Koho doesn't exist anymore- the Jagr was virtually identical.

Sherwood Coffey is about the same thing too.
Cheers, this was exactly what I was looking for.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote