HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Henrik Tallinder

Old
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
sbarnes41

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sbarnes41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
One season and a playoff run does not make one a "legit #1 defender". Although maybe you and I have different opinions of what a legit #1 is. I see players such as Nick Lidstrom, Chris Pronger, Sergei Zubov, Andrei Markov, Tomas Kaberle, Dion Phaneuf, Zdeno Chara as legit #1 d-men, players who would be the defensive leader on the majority of NHL teams. Players such as Mattias Ohlund, Michal Rozsival, Dan Hamhuis, Roman Hamrlik and the aforementioned Henrik Tallinder are guys I would consider strong #2's, but wouldn't be the defensive leader on most squads around the NHL.

I guess you are correct in that regard. But then again, that's what separates the "legit #1's" from the rest, consistency.
I agree Tallinders a strong #2 but not a legit #1 D-man.

sbarnes41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 01:58 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnes41 View Post
Who/where was it said Tallinders on the outs? I'm sure they'd waive Paetsch to get rid of a dman instead of trading Tallinder.
Buffalo Sabres beat writer asked Paul Hamilton:

"According to your pairings today, Is Tallinder not in your top 6?"

Ruff responds: "We haven't decided who is in our top 6 yet"

Thats where the speculation is right now. I don't think Buffalo dumps Tallinder, esp now when his value is low.

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Buffalo Sabres beat writer asked Paul Hamilton:

"According to your pairings today, Is Tallinder not in your top 6?"

Ruff responds: "We haven't decided who is in our top 6 yet"

Thats where the speculation is right now. I don't think Buffalo dumps Tallinder, esp now when his value is low.
If his value is low.

Considering the affordability of his contract, Regier should be loathe to move him and leave them leaning no even more blueline youth. It's foolish on many levels....