HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roloson To Be Waived

Old
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Doesn't Colorado still need another goalie? Roloson to the Avs for a 2nd rounder and a possible cap dump.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Flinch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthliner View Post
Doesn't Colorado still need another goalie? Roloson to the Avs for a 2nd rounder and a possible cap dump.
Roloson/Raycroft tandem would be hilarious.

Yes, I know that the Avs would be insane to go with that and Budaj has the starting job and blah blah blah. But still.

Flinch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Who do the Oilers need this magical cap space for?

What? No one?

Then why the hell would we do it? What happens if Garon goes down? I don't understand some Oilers fans obsession with dumping Roloson.... yes, he's overpaid... we have cap space right now (~$3,000,000 I believe), so what's the point? He's a good backup plan if something were to happen to Garon, especially in a stretch drive/in the playoffs....

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 02:02 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthliner View Post
Tyler Arnason + 5th for Roloson seems like a decent deal, though I'm not sure where Arnason plays for Edmonton. If you really need a ****** backup you can have Raycroft too.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Who do the Oilers need this magical cap space for?

What? No one?

Then why the hell would we do it? What happens if Garon goes down? I don't understand some Oilers fans obsession with dumping Roloson.... yes, he's overpaid... we have cap space right now (~$3,000,000 I believe), so what's the point? He's a good backup plan if something were to happen to Garon, especially in a stretch drive/in the playoffs....
Carrying 3 goaltenders in my mind is a big negative for a team. Not only that but if the oilers want to add someone at the trade deadline or even midseason then they are able to. As long as it doesn't cost us anything important to dump him then I think the capspace could be worth it.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
If you want to trade Roloson, you need to take someone else's negative-value player back, very likely a goalie.

No one wants Roloson.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If you want to trade Roloson, you need to take someone else's negative-value player back, very likely a goalie.

No one wants Roloson.
Exactly. Which is why the Oilers should just sit on Roloson. They've got some cap space and there isn't a pressing need for the extra roster spot. They might waive him and see if someone claims him, and when no one does they'll keep him with the team.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
dem

The Oilers will be stuck with him until the trade deadline... and at that point they might just want to hang on to him.

Going into the playoffs he could have some value. He's performed there before.. and some team will want a little insurance.

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemmersaJemmer View Post
With Jeff-Drouin Deslauriers being a standout in the presason and Garon stealing last nights game against the stars it would appear that Dwayne Roloson is on the block. If he was to be waived would he have any interest. Obviously, the market is looking like crap (Khabby not being picked up, Pavelec being set to the minors). Would your team want to pick up his final year at 3.6M or do the oilers have to bundle roloson with some picks/prospects to make room?

Before just saying "No, he is old, overpaid, and garbage", if you believe that would there be a deal such as the below one that would make sense?

To *Insert Team*:

Dwayne Roloson
Denis Grebeshkov

To Edmonton:

2nd Round Pick
Prospect
You forgot to add the first coming from Edmonton in any of these deals

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
Tyler Arnason + 5th for Roloson seems like a decent deal, though I'm not sure where Arnason plays for Edmonton. If you really need a ****** backup you can have Raycroft too.
I would do that trade simply for the fact that Arnason can't score against us anymore.... It seems like the Oilers are the only team he can score against.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
You forgot to add the first coming from Edmonton in any of these deals
And you forgot the after your statement. Rolosons negative value isn't so high that a first round pick comes into play. The overpayment comes in giving Grebs for a lessser prospect and second rounder. Notice how it doesn't say a high end prospect...equal prospect...just prospect.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Heist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 View Post
I would do that trade simply for the fact that Arnason can't score against us anymore.... It seems like the Oilers are the only team he can score against.
He absolutely kills us

Heist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
The Depahted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
The Oilers will be stuck with him until the trade deadline... and at that point they might just want to hang on to him.

Going into the playoffs he could have some value. He's performed there before.. and some team will want a little insurance.
Like the Bruins

But seriously, if the oilers would take Manny Fernandez or Peter Schaefer maybe midseason he would be a great insurance policy (IMAO) for Tim Thomas and/or Tuukka Rask down the stretch.

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

Tambellini and MacTavish are going to start the season with 3 goaltenders. It's not going to work out, as Garon will get the bigger workload, but it'll be a big shuffle in goaltending through the first bit of the season. Roloson should be waived, but he won't be.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Brownies

I would be really happy for Jeff Drouin Deslauriers if he gets some games this year. I tought he was an HFboard labelled bust.

Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 10:00 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Carrying 3 goaltenders in my mind is a big negative for a team. Not only that but if the oilers want to add someone at the trade deadline or even midseason then they are able to. As long as it doesn't cost us anything important to dump him then I think the capspace could be worth it.
It might be a negative come the end of the season, but there nothing negative about having insurance with a guy like Rollie incase Garon goes down. Not too mention it could be a negative situation if we did trade Rollie and JDD isn't ready for the 20 plus games in the NHL. That means another wasted year and no playoffs all because of being too anxious to get rid of Rollie.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Martyros

No, the kings have no need for Roloson.....

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Is this just your speculation or are there actual rumors in Edmonton to that effect? Title's kinda misleading...
pure speculation at this point in time

The theory is that if the oilers send down JDD--someone will pick him up

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:12 AM
oilerbear

Quote:
With Jeff-Drouin Deslauriers being a standout in the presason and Garon stealing last nights game against the stars it would appear that Dwayne Roloson is on the block. If he was to be waived would he have any interest. Obviously, the market is looking like crap (Khabby not being picked up, Pavelec being set to the minors). Would your team want to pick up his final year at 3.6M or do the oilers have to bundle roloson with some picks/prospects to make room?

Before just saying "No, he is old, overpaid, and garbage", if you believe that would there be a deal such as the below one that would make sense?

To *Insert Team*:

Dwayne Roloson
Denis Grebeshkov

To Edmonton:

2nd Round Pick
Prospect
First Klowe said Grebeshkov has the chance to be our most complete defensman. Your nuts to dump him right now.

As for Roloson last year:

The first 15 games the team played like ***** in front of him. It skewed his stats
in that time he had a 3.00 GAA and a .890 Save %.

The rest of the year 2.85 GAA with .906 SV%
When garon went down at the end of the year he had a 2.78GAA with a .913 SV%.

Even if he is a back-up. He allways has a good run at the end of the year and is great in his two playoff runs. I sure many teams have goalies that fit that bill.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote