HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-New lows from Rejean Tremblay

Old
10-07-2008, 12:26 PM
habfan4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Your cute naivety is what make us like you. Don't change.
[Sally Field]I haven't had an orthodox posting career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me![/Sally Field]

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:27 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
What? They only spent 1 hour at the strip club?
They were asked to leave. People from that region are notoriously bad tippers.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
They had no more money after buying beers at the Bell Center

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Not being a regular La P reader, from what you guys say, RT seems to have an issue with the Habs. On what level ? Ownership ? Gainey ? Carbo ?
No need to be a regular Presse reader. Tremblay is doing a segment on 98,5fm every morning with Paul Arcand and a segment on the Villeneuve's show at 4.50. And EVERYTIME he can, he disses Boivin and Gillett. So it's totally against ownership. Will never be, or rarely, against Carbo 'cause Carbo is the owner for his favorite junior team, Chicoutimi Sags....so he'll never say anything about him 'cause he has too much sucking up to do.

Gainey and Timmins also 'cause they don't draft Quebec born players. Thing is Tremblay is totally not aware of who's available and he just bashed them based on the fact that he doesn't know the guys that we're picking but he does know that some Quebec players were available without even seeing them play.

But most of his attacks are against the ticket prices, the beer, the hot-dogs, the fact that Carbo and Gainey are not as available as it once was, that everything is scheduled, that they are not on the same plane anymore, that there's not enough frenchies......and that's almost 3 days out of 5 that he says something bad about the franchise.

And then he has the audacity to call the "fafans" the people wro write to him and don't agree with him. He just laugh at the ones who reads him and listens to him for being too Pro-Habs.....He's just your typical pro-employees, against employers, who hates to seem them having more money than he has.

Problem with him is that as soon as he writes about something else than the Habs, he could write the most brillant articles day in day out.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

They had nothing more (of themselves) to give.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
[Sally Field]I haven't had an orthodox posting career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me![/Sally Field]
I've always had a thing for Sally Field, ever since The Flying Nun. I like you, but in a different way.

Old
10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Newhabfan

I've actually took the time to read the article in question here

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-gros-prix.php

I must say I find it a lot less irritating then it seemed initially. If you think about it, preseason games are less spectacular (for obvious reasons) and players do not get paid so maybe indeed, prices could be lower then the ones in the regular season. He went overboard at some point when bashing the ownership (maybe some left wing convictions) but the starting point was not that absurd.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
They were asked to leave. People from that region are notoriously bad tippers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
They had nothing more (of themselves) to give.
So they spent all their money at the Bell Center, had none left for tips and got thrown out when trying to make up for it by getting on stage themselves...

Now THIS is a story worth writing about!

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Ignore the trolls, it really is a waste of time answering them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
lol...good one.

10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
The Habs are so overrated on this board it's not even funny. I could very easy see them finishing 9th, there is no need to dog on someone for an opinion
I don't think it's a matter of being over rated as writers are free to express opinions and say why, if they have credibility regarding the actual play on ice. Tremblay has gottn away from doing this and does social commentray sort of columns about sports in general.

He doesn't seem to stoop very often to talking about the 4th d man spot or whether A.Kostitsyn should be used on the right side.

Old
10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No need to be a regular Presse reader. Tremblay is doing a segment on 98,5fm every morning with Paul Arcand and a segment on the Villeneuve's show at 4.50. And EVERYTIME he can, he disses Boivin and Gillett. So it's totally against ownership. Will never be, or rarely, against Carbo 'cause Carbo is the owner for his favorite junior team, Chicoutimi Sags....so he'll never say anything about him 'cause he has too much sucking up to do.

Gainey and Timmins also 'cause they don't draft Quebec born players. Thing is Tremblay is totally not aware of who's available and he just bashed them based on the fact that he doesn't know the guys that we're picking but he does know that some Quebec players were available without even seeing them play.

But most of his attacks are against the ticket prices, the beer, the hot-dogs, the fact that Carbo and Gainey are not as available as it once was, that everything is scheduled, that they are not on the same plane anymore, that there's not enough frenchies......and that's almost 3 days out of 5 that he says something bad about the franchise.

And then he has the audacity to call the "fafans" the people wro write to him and don't agree with him. He just laugh at the ones who reads him and listens to him for being too Pro-Habs.....He's just your typical pro-employees, against employers, who hates to seem them having more money than he has.

Problem with him is that as soon as he writes about something else than the Habs, he could write the most brillant articles day in day out.....
There's no denying he has talent and intelligence. Unfortunately, his emotions lead him into dark places.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I've actually took the time to read the article in question here

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-gros-prix.php

I must say I find it a lot less irritating then it seemed initially. If you think about it, preseason games are less spectacular (for obvious reasons) and players do not get paid so maybe indeed, prices could be lower then the ones in the regular season. He went overboard at some point when bashing the ownership (maybe some left wing convictions) but the starting point was not that absurd.
I would really like to know the percentage of users who replied to this thread that actually have read the articles. I'm pretty sure that most reply are based on automatic generalizations.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
mcphee

Quote:

I don't disagree with som eof those positions. I can't take him too seriously though when he puts himself on a higher level than those he attepts to defend.

I've spoken before about how the team isn't particularly fan and media friendly. They've taken advantage of the post lockout mania and imo have been very fortunate, things have been very well timed in terms of public perception.

I think Ganey and Carbo have gone to lengths to avoid situations where certain columnists are insiders and part of the goings on. Different world, different rules. The hatchet job done on Mario Tremblay changed everything,imo. That, though Tremblay and Houle weren't competent, was the low point of local journalism.

Ganiey and Carbo can like certain media memebers, can reminisce with Fisher and Raymond about the old days, but the old days are gone. No one gets preference anymore.

Old
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
habfan4

Quote:
I would really like to know the percentage of users who replied to this thread that actually have read the articles. I'm pretty sure that most reply are based on automatic generalizations.
I never read the articles that are posted, it's easier to let people I've never met paraphrase the content so that I can immediately fly into a rage.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
on another note, Gilbert Brule did not make the final cuts in the Oilers camp.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251935

Starting to smell funky aint it.
hmmm...
I hope this means they'll keep tough guy Steve "Big Mac" MacIntyre. One day he could be a heavyweight champ caliber fighter. If he isn't already.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Each time i read 'Rejean Tremblay' , i think of http://radioego.com/ego/listen/608

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I totally did. And it's nothing more than what he repeats on the radio almost every single day. If he would've won against the Wild and gave a hell of a show, would he then have wrote that article? Great show or bad show, are the ticket prices the same? Who cares if it was good or not? To prove a point, he was waiting for something like that to happen and he did. There's a demand for the Habs right now. That's how it is. You don't like it. You don't go. Habs are doing more than enough in the community right now, strangely Tremblay rarely talks about that. But then when it comes to beer and tickets, it's a big ripoff? Who is Gillett ripping off the most really? The guys who have bought season tickets? I guess those guys cannot afford to pay a little more for preseason games do they????

Guess what's going to be Tremblay's next subject? Gillett-Evernham just announced that Carpentier is no longer their driver......Another Gillett bashing coming up in a newspaper near you....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-07-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old
10-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
Another thread against the french media...

man i love HF sometime
there is a difference between criticizing one particular french journalist and lumping together everyone as the "french media"

the generalizations and assumptions you make in this post are just as bad as those who you are railing against... those who generalize the "french media"

The OP is talking specifically about Rejean Tremblay.... I see nothing wrong with that.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Joe Cole

I listen to him every time I get the chance, because he is definitely an opinion maker. Not my opinion, ever, but the opinion of many. I think is important to know what influences those around me.

Unfortunately, is it mostly just a stream of venom and bad karma. Only once did I ever hear him talk in glowing terms, it was with Michel Villeneuve, when they were talking about the early years of the Expos. I caught after it had already started, and I honestly could not tell it was RT. He sounded so happy, nostalgic and without and negativity.

My only real problem with Rejean Tremblay is that he often wants to make news with often inflammatory remarks, just to stir the pot, without any real solutions. Just lighting fires....

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post
he says the best show they got for their money was the hour they spent at the strip joint
Well, duh!

10-07-2008, 01:16 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Most season ticket holders end up making a profit on them by selling all their pre-season tickets on great margins to people who missed out on season tickets.
Don't think this was the case...scalpers were practically giving away tickets for preseason games. Reds for $50, blues for less than $20.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Well, I've read it and it seems he's yet again just looking for reasons to whine about the Habs. He's more and more like the radio DJ in the last Lance et Compte series, the one who was constantly on Dan Lambert's kid's case.

Bah, just regular Réjaune.

Although to the OP, where did Réjaune say the Habs would finish 9th in the east? In a previous article, maybe? If he did so, we can assume Réjaune does indeed whipe his face, hmmm, I mean, his ass, with TP that has the Habs logo on every sheet.

This guy is becoming soooo predictable.

Oh the last part of the article, the part about the Kovy posters, and how Kovy would make a great captain, just proves that Réjaune's deductive process has gone completely missing. Just another diss at the present captain. As if making college girls all giggly is the foremost quality any captain should have. OMG, I am starting to wonder what those people who say that if it wasn't for his hatred he'd write intelligent articles, I'm starting to doubt that, seriously.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 10-07-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Although to the OP, where did Réjaune say the Habs would finish 9th in the east? In a previous article, maybe? If he did so, we can assume Réjaune does indeed whipe his face, hmmm, I mean, his ass, with TP that has the Habs logo on every sheet.

This guy is becoming soooo predictable.
I've read it in the newspaper where every LaPresse "experts" are predicting their standings of the East, West, winners of different trophies and stanley cup winners.

Most are predicting Habs from 1st to 3rd. And François Gagnon predicts that the Vezina trophy will go to................Jose Theodore!!!!

Old
10-07-2008, 01:33 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I've read it in the newspaper where every LaPresse "experts" are predicting their standings of the East, West, winners of different trophies and stanley cup winners.

Most are predicting Habs from 1st to 3rd. And François Gagnon predicts that the Vezina trophy will go to................Jose Theodore!!!!
With some of the journalists, I tend to judge by how I react to them personally. I kind of like Gagnon. He's feisty and right or wrong, he gets his hands dirty.

He jsut can't let it go when it comes to Kovalev. I was listening to his segment on the Team this morning and you could tell the pain it causes him to say nice things about him. I don't buy into everything he says, but if I see him on somewhere, I make a point to listen, which I suppose is all a guy like him can ask for.

Old
10-07-2008, 01:35 PM
AD

This is me staying out of this topic.

Edit: How constructivist and introspective of me.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote