HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Request for Bmoak: Prospects Poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
Request for Bmoak: Prospects Poll

We fully understand the HF rules.
However, I think it's really necessary for us to include Blackburn in the poll.
I'm extremely interested to see how we rank him in comparisson to Montoya and Lundqvist.

Ditto on Jan Marek, a true "sleeper" who could find himself on Broadway in a season or two.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:47 AM
dropthegloves

vCash:
How is Marek a sleeper if he can't make the NHL before 27? He's like what now? 24 or 25? If he can't make the team this year he probably isn't any good.

Old
06-29-2004, 02:37 PM
vbox81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropthegloves
If he can't make the team this year he probably isn't any good.
Don't confuse talent with willingness to uproot and move to a new country. Don't forget about Max Kondratiev....

Old
06-29-2004, 03:18 PM
bmoak

Blackburn has finished two pro seasons and has played more games than Jed Ortmeyer. Right now, he's a young NHL player who has lost a year to injury. If he's in, we might as well include Lundmark and Ortmeyer.

Marek was drafted as an overage veteran, not as a development prospect. What you see is what you get. Either he comes over and immediately lands an NHL job or he stays in the Czech Republic.

Old
06-29-2004, 03:40 PM
BLACKBURN

Dont include him, he not a prospect and this is a prospect poll. He lost his calder elegibilty a long time ago, which to me is the difference between a "prospect" and a "young" NHL player. If you included him in the poll it would lose its purpose imo.

"If he's in, we might as well include Lundmark and Ortmeyer."

Exactly.

Old
06-29-2004, 04:06 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
Blackburn has finished two pro seasons and has played more games than Jed Ortmeyer. Right now, he's a young NHL player who has lost a year to injury. If he's in, we might as well include Lundmark and Ortmeyer.
I see your point, but theres a difference between Blackburn and those two. Lundmark and Ortmeyer are both done with minor league hockey. Their development is at the point where if they dont make it in the NHL, they're done. The only direction to go for them is up. Anything else is considered a setback. Blackburn, OTOH, despite playing two seasons with the Rangers, is still far behind Lundmark in development. He's going to need at least a year or two in Hartford just to work on his technique before he sees the light of day in New York again. He's also a full year younger than Lundqvist.

When I think of 'prospects', I dont try to boggle myself with technicalities. I understand the kid is officially not considered a prospect anymore by HF standards, but he is still very young and health-willing he still has a very promising future ahead of him. He shouldn't be separated from the ranks of Montoya and Lundqvist just because he had a cup of water with the Rangers already. Sometimes you have two take one step back to take three steps forward.

Closed Thread