HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT-New lows from Rejean Tremblay

Old
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
With some of the journalists, I tend to judge by how I react to them personally. I kind of like Gagnon. He's feisty and right or wrong, he gets his hands dirty.

He jsut can't let it go when it comes to Kovalev. I was listening to his segment on the Team this morning and you could tell the pain it causes him to say nice things about him. I don't buy into everything he says, but if I see him on somewhere, I make a point to listen, which I suppose is all a guy like him can ask for.
I agree. I just thought that after his Habs prediction last year when he was the center of attention all year but not for the good reasons, that he would take some kinda of a break in the risky predictions department....seems that he loves the attention.

I listen to Team 990 a lot and like Gagnon. It's great to see him talking english like that and is really good doing so. But I can't stand his "quote-unquote" he keeps saying every freakin segment....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
there is a difference between criticizing one particular french journalist and lumping together everyone as the "french media"

the generalizations and assumptions you make in this post are just as bad as those who you are railing against... those who generalize the "french media"

The OP is talking specifically about Rejean Tremblay.... I see nothing wrong with that.
sorry to the OP i was reacting to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
French medias are really going to piss me off. When you're going to an exhibition game, YOU HAVE TO EXPECT that it's an exhibition game... Players are not going to givve it all, and chemestry is not the same as it was back in April after a couple of months off. I watched 110% yesterday, they were all saying the same stuff, and it may be the last time for a while I watch this bunch of clowns.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
With some of the journalists, I tend to judge by how I react to them personally. I kind of like Gagnon. He's feisty and right or wrong, he gets his hands dirty.

He jsut can't let it go when it comes to Kovalev. I was listening to his segment on the Team this morning and you could tell the pain it causes him to say nice things about him. I don't buy into everything he says, but if I see him on somewhere, I make a point to listen, which I suppose is all a guy like him can ask for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree. I just thought that after his Habs prediction last year when he was the center of attention all year but not for the good reasons, that he would take some kinda of a break in the risky predictions department....seems that he loves the attention.

I listen to Team 990 a lot and like Gagnon. It's great to see him talking english like that and is really good doing so. But I can't stand his "quote-unquote" he keeps saying every freakin segment....

Abotu a year ago, I loathed Gagnon. Mainly for his tirades against Kovalev or going plain nuts over the salary cap which for him didn't work, yet he understood nothing about it. Anyway, seems he has toned down a bit. He's more level headed then he used to. Guess that's how he got the job at rds.... or am I making a contradiction here... anyway, he's more pleasant to listen to nowadays.

Still, I can't believe Tremblay put the Habs in 9th. This has so much more to do with wishful thinking than an actual prediction.

I can easily imagine Réjaune playing darts on a Habs logo.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I never read the articles that are posted, it's easier to let people I've never met paraphrase the content so that I can immediately fly into a rage.
You're my idol.

Quote:
I totally did. And it's nothing more than what he repeats on the radio almost every single day. If he would've won against the Wild and gave a hell of a show, would he then have wrote that article? Great show or bad show, are the ticket prices the same? Who cares if it was good or not? To prove a point, he was waiting for something like that to happen and he did. There's a demand for the Habs right now. That's how it is. You don't like it. You don't go. Habs are doing more than enough in the community right now, strangely Tremblay rarely talks about that. But then when it comes to beer and tickets, it's a big ripoff? Who is Gillett ripping off the most really? The guys who have bought season tickets? I guess those guys cannot afford to pay a little more for preseason games do they????

Guess what's going to be Tremblay's next subject? Gillett-Evernham just announced that Carpentier is no longer their driver......Another Gillett bashing coming up in a newspaper near you....
He likes to do so. Why d'you think he keeps on ranting about Gillett and the Organization? 'Cuz it makes people react. If nobody would give a tiny rat's arse about his whining, he'd probably stop. Don't misunderstand me, I agree with most of what you said. I just think you give too much attention to what he writes.

Be an "esprit libre". You really need journalists to tell you what to think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well, I've read it and it seems he's yet again just looking for reasons to whine about the Habs. He's more and more like the radio DJ in the last Lance et Compte series, the one who was constantly on Dan Lambert's kid's case.

Bah, just regular Réjaune.

Although to the OP, where did Réjaune say the Habs would finish 9th in the east? In a previous article, maybe? If he did so, we can assume Réjaune does indeed whipe his face, hmmm, I mean, his ass, with TP that has the Habs logo on every sheet.

This guy is becoming soooo predictable.
It was in another article, yes. He's always looking for reasons to whine. Nothing new there. But again, giving too much importance to what he said.

All in all, I agree that RT can be a really good columnist when he wants to. He knows how to "soulever les passions", whether it is in the good or the bad way. I guess that on this one, his opinion not being the most popular, it could still be what a minority think.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
rocketlives

Rejean Tremblay should stick to Formula One and tennis women. I can see he doesn't mind eating crow pie if the Habs do well this season, but if they do miss the playoffs for some reasons, he'll beat his chest no end claimimg he's a hockey genius. What a self-centered bombastic jerk he is!

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:00 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Rejean Tremblay should stick to Formula One and tennis women. I can see he doesn't mind eating crow pie if the Habs do well this season, but if they do miss the playoffs for some reasons, he'll beat his chest no end claimimg he's a hockey genius. What a self-centered bombastic jerk he is!
r., I have a question for a man of your experience [diplomatic,ehh]. Years ago, there was a hockey pool wherein you'd buy a ticket with the object being that you wanted to have the correct time of the last goal scored. You get, 03, the goal's scored at 11.03, you win. They existed on a large scale, or in individual offices. I belive there was a scandal involving the Forum's timer being manipulated for pool results.

What was it called ? It wasn't pool, sweepstake,tirage, there was a name for it and I can't remember what it was and it's driving me crazy. [crazier].

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
DCL72

Quote:
I've always thought that the pre-season should be what it used to be, a chance for people to attend games who normally couldn't. I'm dispaointed that the Habs, Als and probably every other sports franchise does the same. Teams maximize every inch of advtg. space, sell eevry ticket for the most that they can squeeze out of it and are free to do it because people are willing to drive 5 hours from Lac St. Jean for the event, knowing that pre season games are often insufferably boring.

Rejean doesn't like it, neither do I, but I understand why they do it, and I'm sure RT does too.

Not being a regular La P reader, from what you guys say, RT seems to have an issue with the Habs. On what level ? Ownership ? Gainey ? Carbo ?

I have another view. The season tickets already get the tickets at a discount (25%), as well as with no additional service charges. I just consider having to buy the preseasons as the cost of getting the additional benefits. FWIW, I use them in the way they describe. I bring friends who are casual fans, and save the regular season tickets for my friends who are more hardcore fans.

DCL72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Kriss E

Did he really say he believes Habs will finish 9th?..

This can't possibly be a rational prediction.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:22 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL72 View Post
I have another view. The season tickets already get the tickets at a discount (25%), as well as with no additional service charges. I just consider having to buy the preseasons as the cost of getting the additional benefits. FWIW, I use them in the way they describe. I bring friends who are casual fans, and save the regular season tickets for my friends who are more hardcore fans.
I remember my Dad bringing my brother and I to a pre season game in the early 60's. The habs against their farm team, the Quebec Aces, coached by the Boomer. Middle class families seldom budgeted hockey tickets. It's just a bit of nostalgia on my part. I wish it was a situation where fans under 18 or even 16 were getting in cheap, or a one time only family night was involved, but it's not realistic. I could see kids buying up tickets and turning them over to scalpers.

I'm not really faulting them for maximizing every buck, just wish it could be a bit different.

Old
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Be an "esprit libre". You really need journalists to tell you what to think?
How reading him and the other journalists automatically means that they are dictating me what to think? I have my own opinions thank you, but sometimes, I still like to think that those "professionnals" might shed some light on things I would not have thought about or give me some new pieces of information I wouldn't have access to.

I should know better.

Old
10-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I've read it in the newspaper where every LaPresse "experts" are predicting their standings of the East, West, winners of different trophies and stanley cup winners.

Most are predicting Habs from 1st to 3rd. And François Gagnon predicts that the Vezina trophy will go to................Jose Theodore!!!!
Gagnon predicted Habs to finish last in the East last year

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:54 PM
IcE ColD

Quote:
How reading him and the other journalists automatically means that they are dictating me what to think? I have my own opinions thank you, but sometimes, I still like to think that those "professionnals" might shed some light on things I would not have thought about or give me some new pieces of information I wouldn't have access to.

I should know better.
I know you know better.

Just be aware, journalists and columnists are not the same.

Old
10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
French medias are really going to piss me off. When you're going to an exhibition game, YOU HAVE TO EXPECT that it's an exhibition game... Players are not going to givve it all, and chemestry is not the same as it was back in April after a couple of months off. I watched 110% yesterday, they were all saying the same stuff, and it may be the last time for a while I watch this bunch of clowns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
Another thread against the french media...

man i love HF sometime
Quote:
They are a joke... It's nobody's fault but theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Christ the OP didn't say anything about "french medias". He specified the name of the writer and the paper it was from (like we're supposed to do on HF) instead of making broad generalizations and you still get pissy about it? So I guess we're not allowed to criticize anything anybody who happens to write for La Presse, JDM, etc says?
The OP didn't say nothing about " french Medias " but there's always a poster that will do it ; HamrlikTheStud did it this time before Jason gave his comment ; so yes , it was turn into another thread about the french medias ...

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I know you know better.

Just be aware, journalists and columnists are not the same.
Well most journalists who are just reporting the news during their day job, are now giving their opinions on their night job. And with the new show that RDS will be having, seems to me that all the journalists out there will end up giving their opinions anyway.....With all those blogs going, everybody likes to pretend they're columnists after all....I guess they like pretending that they could be Réjean Tremblay too....

Old
10-07-2008, 03:04 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
This is me staying out of this topic.

Edit: How constructivist and introspective of me.
this should be the end of that thread !

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Well most journalists who are just reporting the news during their day job, are now giving their opinions on their night job. And with the new show that RDS will be having, seems to me that all the journalists out there will end up giving their opinions anyway.....With all those blogs going, everybody likes to pretend they're columnists after all....I guess they like pretending that they could be Réjean Tremblay too....

Lord please NO!!!!!!!!

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:21 PM
IcE ColD

Quote:
I do agree. The more it goes, the thiner the line gets.

Anyways, I always read/take old-timers journalists/ columnists like RT with a grain of salt. Too much reminiscing of the Révolution Tranquille, the old forum, the regular-SC days, etc.

While it's important to remember where you come from, it's also important to look ahead and see where you're heading.

Old
10-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
While it's important to remember where you come from, it's also important to look ahead and see where you're heading.
Cannot agree more....I just.....can't....

Old
10-07-2008, 03:26 PM
jpguy13

A couple of clarifications. Sports journalism (or commentary, really in this case) is like political commentary, or artistic commentary: all that you need for it is to scream louder, more often, or say more outrageous than anyone else. Bill O'Reilly anyone? So that's point 1.

Point 2, refers to Whitesnake's comment that Réj is somehow jealous of someone else's money: he isn't. That guy is freaking loaded. He wrote 3 or 4 hugely successful TV series in Québec, and is just moneyed like you wouldn't believe.

Point 3, Reggie's just pissed 'cause he can't be on the planes anymore and because they don't draft Latendresse in the first round instead of Price.

Point 4, many of the french media are actual journalists, and do a great job. Among those, Mathias Brunet and Martin Leclerc are absolute must-reads, but aren't very popular because they spend their time reporting instead of commenting.

Totally right, though, Réj is SOUR, SOUR, SOUR grapes! He's like an old man yellin' at a kid to cut their hair "You damn hippie!".

jpguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:28 PM
rocketlives

Quote:
r., I have a question for a man of your experience [diplomatic,ehh]. Years ago, there was a hockey pool wherein you'd buy a ticket with the object being that you wanted to have the correct time of the last goal scored. You get, 03, the goal's scored at 11.03, you win. They existed on a large scale, or in individual offices. I belive there was a scandal involving the Forum's timer being manipulated for pool results.

What was it called ? It wasn't pool, sweepstake,tirage, there was a name for it and I can't remember what it was and it's driving me crazy. [crazier].

I remember that pool very well and the scandal involving the forum's time keeper but I also forgot the name of that pool.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Megaforce

I didn't even know that insufferable old school separatist was even wasting trees with his crapola, but I can understand feeling annoyed at attending a dud of a game. The only game I've attended at the New Forum (whatever they call it) was a 1-0 Pittsburgh victory last January that was even duller than the Minnesota game. No crowd involvement whatsoever and everybody seemed so sober and polite. I recall how badly Higgins sucked that game, and the rest of the non-event was totally forgettable.

Oh and the timekeeper scandal was in 1968, timekeeper was Andre Dandurand and the person who sniffed it out was a cop's kid watching on TV. I googled it and found the result from a book that I myself wrote.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Oh and the timekeeper scandal was in 1968, timekeeper was Andre Dandurand and the person who sniffed it out was a cop's kid watching on TV. I googled it and found the result from a book that I myself wrote.

But.... what was the Pool called??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 06:35 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post

So I googled it and it turns out that the cop's whose son is mentionned is none other than Steve Olynyk, former mayor of GPK, neighbour, and associate of some family members, small world. I still don't know what they called the damn thing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
The OP didn't say nothing about " french Medias " but there's always a poster that will do it ; HamrlikTheStud did it this time before Jason gave his comment ; so yes , it was turn into another thread about the french medias ...
The way the team is covered, I find to be unique. The team has to accomodate 2 journalistic groups, with different realities. The level of competition is different on the French side, as is the depth of talent. I find the whole media circus around the team fascinating. I find it to be a topic on its own. I find it kind of sad that we can't often talk about it, without the silly generalizations that tend to close most conversation.

I find how we react to the written word intersting in itself. That was my point in the Red Fisher thread, the uproar over an old man re-counting an old story.

btw, while we're talking about how the team is covered, it seems that the Gazette may be working in Stephanie Myles into their hockey coverage. She covered the Expos during their last years, does tennis, sports book reviews and has done some hockey stories during camp.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-07-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old
10-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Houde View Post
Each time i read 'Rejean Tremblay' , i think of http://radioego.com/ego/listen/608
LoL. This is just awesome. How hypocrite is that ****face.

Quote:
True, and it sucks.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Kriss E

Apparently, he placed the Habs 9th because our veterans are getting ''old''..and by elimination when he looked at all the teams that should make the POs, we weren't in the top 8.
He named, NYR-PHI-OTT-NJ-WSH-BOS-PIT, and stopped there.

I fail to see how this means Habs would finish 9th. I don't see how all these teams are more favored than us.

What a ******.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote