HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Upcoming waivers open Saturday

Old
10-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
If you claim murphy, how do you get rid of breezy??

If you put him on waivers and he clears them, he could go to hamilton, but because he was over 35 when he signed his contract he would still count on the cap.
He just signed a one year deal this year, am I right?

That 35 and up clause applies to players on the second year or later of a multi-year deal, I think you'd be in the clear in regards to ditching his cap hit, hypothetically.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs don't have the best fourth line center. The Devils have a fourth line of Rupp-Holik-Zubrus. That's bigger and better than anything the Habs can put out. They average 6'4" and 228 pounds and they offer more offesnsive skill, playmaking, faceoff ability, and toughness. Can anyone imagine Brisebois or even Markov breaking up their cycling?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Habs don't have the best fourth line center. The Devils have a fourth line of Rupp-Holik-Zubrus. That's bigger and better than anything the Habs can put out. They average 6'4" and 228 pounds and they offer more offesnsive skill, playmaking, faceoff ability, and toughness. Can anyone imagine Brisebois or even Markov breaking up their cycling?
Markov... absolutely.....

Markov is so positionally sound and his ability to pokecheck is amazing.....

You really think a line featuring those three is gonna dominate markov.... really??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
I don't get what's your point, but please then, what's our solution to counter the Devils 4th line?

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Markov... absolutely.....

Markov is so positionally sound and his ability to pokecheck is amazing.....

You really think a line featuring those three is gonna dominate markov.... really??
Markov will take the puck away from them? Once they have the puck in the Habs end they'd have to make a pass that's intercepted or a shot that's stopped for them to lose possession. Talk leads nowhere. Let's see how it develops when the two teams face each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I don't get what's your point, but please then, what's our solution to counter the Devils 4th line?
I don't know, but Lapierre isn't the answer.

I still think the Habs will finish ahead of the Devils because they have better Dmen but I'm beginning to get a bit concerned about their face-to-face games now that NJ has added Rolston and Holik.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-07-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Markov will take the puck away from them? Once they have the puck in the Habs end they'd have to make a pass that's intercepted or a shot that's stopped for them to lose possession. Talk leads nowhere. Let's see how it develops when the two teams face each other.
Seriously? I mean...seriously?

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:19 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
I understand what you are getting at here, but you make it sound like this line is going to be a dominant force when in all reality Holik is washed up (except in the faceoff circle), Zubrus never really was and Rupp shouldn't be dressed most nights. This line can make it tough to get the puck away the same way any team's 4th line does. The problem is how do 4th lines get a cycle started? dump and chase, that means these guys would have to either beat Markov to the puck or intercept a pass. I think I would put my money on Markov every time.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Beakermania*

I never thought this day would come, the day a poster was concerned about the offensive potential of the devils fourth line.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 04:22 PM
AD

Quote:
Why use the Devils 4th line as an example.

What about the Flyers or Penguins top line. Or Detroit.. or an actually scary line.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote