HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Q: Availability of old Rankings (Red Line, CSS, etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2004, 11:24 PM
oilswell

vCash: 500
Q: Availability of old Rankings (Red Line, CSS, etc.)

I am preparing to do a comparative analysis of different team drafting records. I can compare how they drafted against the expected draft results based on historical data.

It occurs to me that I'd really like to see how CSS, Red Line, etc. have done over the years, and for certain particular years.

However, I need access to those older ones, especially from the 90s and prior. Are any of them online? If not, does anyone have old copies they can send, lend, or sell? The more ranking data I have the more comparisons I can report.

Thanks in advance for any pointers. You can PM me if its not generally interesting to others.

Old
06-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Lowetide

The Summer Hockey News Yearbooks starting in 1998 had the picks in order with CSB numbers included. Hockey News Draft Issues also have them of course if you can find them.

there is a site that might be helpful in future, it's called hockeydraftcentral.com and they're in 1983 I think. They list the HN numbers so far and will likely list the others as they come(came) onstream.

Old
06-29-2004, 04:35 PM
igor*

You're a clever bugger :lol

I think we both know what you'll find. But what purpose served here?

We really should make a new messageboard exclusively for crazy fokks like ourselves. And the pure math guys too. :lol

Old
06-29-2004, 05:17 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
We really should make a new messageboard exclusively for crazy fokks like ourselves. And the pure math guys too. :lol
Most of us want to visit HF anyway and I'm guessing some people like the results even if they're not interested in the specifics.

But I'm all for your proposal it if a forum could be found that would attract readers and posters such as these people.

Old
06-29-2004, 05:30 PM
igor*

oilswell:

There are a lot of links there. None of them that I tried seem to lead to anything specific about hockey, tonnes of baseball stuff though.

Old
06-29-2004, 05:49 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
There are a lot of links there. None of them that I tried seem to lead to anything specific about hockey, tonnes of baseball stuff though.
Baseball pays their bills I suspect. I've looked through the academic literature some and there's few studies of hockey.

But they know stats and they know sports studies. And I'd like to figure out some way to entice these sorts of people to turn their eye towards hockey (not necessarily the Sports section of the ASA, but the knowledgeable people in general).

Closed Thread