HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official: "Alexei Cherepanov" Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
The Official: "Alexei Cherepanov" Thread

STATS: 13GP-7G-5A-P12
Next Game: ??

I guess to get right to the point. Should I be worried. I've been dreaming about a future line of Anisimov, Zherdev, and Cherepanov for a while. Kind of like a Russian GAG line. Sorry guy/ladies. I messed up. Just pretend there is a lock on this thread and refer to the "official Cherepanov thread."

Last edited by FLYLine24: 10-09-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old
10-06-2008, 10:57 PM
broadwayblue

what's there to be worried about? Zherdev is already here...Cherry likely will be next year, and AA has a great shot as well. Obviously NZ has to re-sign, and Cherry come over, and AA make the team, but I'd say the chances are pretty good that all take place.

Old
10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
If you're going to start a thread at least elaborate as to why you're "worried." Cherepanov will play out his contract at Omsk and will be a New York Ranger next year. 99.9% sure.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:00 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Actually, to be frank..i've been waitng for a Cherry thread......this will be the "OFFICIAL CHEREPANOV" Thread.....any GDT info will be welcomed in this thread (Lev, I'm hoping a lot of info from you )

ALL CHEREPANOV Info here!!

(And JAGR as well, again all Game Day info is welcomed here)

Old
10-06-2008, 11:00 PM
D713B

EDIT: Nevermind, my post is now irrelevant since this has become the official Cherry thread.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:13 PM
gravytrain6t

The new official Cherepanov thread. sorry..

I messed up and started a thread and hit a wrong button. I'm worried that Cherepanov will be offered a ton of cash like Jagr was by some Russian owner and want to stay there. But he is property of the NY Rangers right? Is this why the Isles didn't draft Filatov (forgive the spelling. Don't feel like looking it up.) I've been dreaming of a Russian GAG line including Cherepanov, Zherdev and Anisimov but I don't know where Cherepanov's head is. Does he want to come here. I never hear a thing. Does anyone else?

Old
10-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Good call Fly.

Wow, 12 points in 12 games? Can't say that I'm not happy about that.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Unk

Not only 12 pts in 12 games, but 3rd on the team in scoring too. I just wanna see him extend that goal scoring streak so he can break Omsk's record but consistancy is wonderful.

So I see the bandwagon's back!

Old
10-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Are there secondary assists in the KHL? Iirc there wasn't in the RSL.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:45 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Doesnt the KHL season end early? Its a much shorter season right? Is he free to come over after their last game?

10-07-2008, 12:46 AM
LyNX27

There are a few things I pray for every night... For food on the table, my family to be safe, world peace, and for Cherepanov to play in MSG... as a Ranger.

To be honest though, the guy has to buff up... A LOT before he can safely play in the NHL. He has a tendency of cutting across the slot a lot... and I would hate for him to run into a player like... Pronger or something. Besides that hes got a world full of skills, but not like... open ice dekeing skills. Hands down one of the smartest players seen with the puck for a long time. His decisions on the ice with the puck are always smart and are always cycling moving, and making scoring chances. For him to come next year would be a dream come true for a lot of us.

I'll drink to Cherepanov coming over

Old
10-07-2008, 12:48 AM
TheZherdev

can we restart the tread so that the op would be updated constantly through out the year? Fly maybe you want to spear head this?

Old
10-07-2008, 01:14 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I messed up and started a thread and hit a wrong button. I'm worried that Cherepanov will be offered a ton of cash like Jagr was by some Russian owner and want to stay there. But he is property of the NY Rangers right? Is this why the Isles didn't draft Filatov (forgive the spelling. Don't feel like looking it up.) I've been dreaming of a Russian GAG line including Cherepanov, Zherdev and Anisimov but I don't know where Cherepanov's head is. Does he want to come here. I never hear a thing. Does anyone else?
This is what I really wanted to say. Even on the HF boards list of top prospects. He's listed as number one. But they are unsure if he will be enticed to stay in his home land for the big bucks. So I guess what I'm asking is what do you guys/ladies think? Is he coming or staying?

Old
10-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Does he want to come here. I never hear a thing. Does anyone else?
He has said he wants to come to the NHL, but will play out his current contract. Beyond that, who knows for sure if he'll stick to that plan or not? We can gather from interviews that he's talked to Jagr about the NHL and what it takes to make it, and has started working harder towards that end. We also have a quote from him talking about the Rangers/Metallurg game and how he was "probably cheering for the Rangers because they're closer" to him.

I'm pretty sure it's in his longterm plans to play in the NHL, but a lot can happen between now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Are there secondary assists in the KHL? Iirc there wasn't in the RSL.
There is, you just have to be directly involved in the play, and you don't get assists for certain plays that you would in the NHL (like those weird points where they pass the puck all around and somehow one guy ends up with an assist because it went through another guy twice and blah blah)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
To be honest though, the guy has to buff up... A LOT before he can safely play in the NHL. He has a tendency of cutting across the slot a lot... and I would hate for him to run into a player like... Pronger or something.
[/FONT]
This concerns me a bit too, because you can get away with being more careless in the slot, since KHL players won't make you pay for it the way they do in the NHL. But he'll learn

When's the next game?

Old
10-07-2008, 09:45 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
PPG in Russia? We should be super stoked... that is absolutely insane!

Old
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
When's the next game?
Thursday: http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/...partakavangard

Old
10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Celestial Black

I'm surprised my friend didn't make this thread...he has a mancrush on him like you wouldn't believe.

Old
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
can we restart the tread so that the op would be updated constantly through out the year? Fly maybe you want to spear head this?
I can edit the top post, so i'll do that after every game.

Old
10-08-2008, 01:32 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I already have an Omsk Cherepanov Jersey, and needless to say, it's my favorite jersey. I've had a few people notice it while I was playing some pickup roller at an outdoor rink, and it's been a real attention/compliment grabber.

I'll definitely be wearing it to games this year and for years to come, hopefully.

Old
10-08-2008, 01:55 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I already have an Omsk Cherepanov Jersey, and needless to say, it's my favorite jersey. I've had a few people notice it while I was playing some pickup roller at an outdoor rink, and it's been a real attention/compliment grabber.

I'll definitely be wearing it to games this year and for years to come, hopefully.
You know what jersey would look better? One that says that in the back Cherepanov... and has those colors... um... red white and blue

Old
10-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
You know what jersey would look better? One that says that in the back Cherepanov... and has those colors... um... red white and blue
columbus?

Old
10-09-2008, 08:19 AM
squishy

Cherepanov tries to keep his scoring streak alive today at 11:30 NY time. You can watch here:
http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/...partakavangard

Old
10-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
You know of any live streams? I have off today and I'd love to catch one of his games.

edit: wow I should've looked at the post right infront of me. thanks anyway

Old
10-09-2008, 09:03 AM
squishy

The KHL completed a video review of goals scored between the start of the season and October 6th and changed the scoring on a number of them. Of most note: Jaromir Jagr has been given an assist on Anton Malishev’s goal at 8:11 of the second period in Avangard’s game vs. Lada Togliatti on September 9th, while Alexei Cherepanov lost his assist on Alexei Bondarev’s goal in the final seconds of the second period in Avangard’s 6-0 win over Metallurg Magnitogorsk. The assist was instead credited to his linemate, Anton Kuryanov.

Old
10-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Levitate

So he's 11 points in 12 games now?

Closed Thread