HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Parent out 12-14 weeks

Old
10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Not true. We would have been on the hook for the full amount. We would have only had half of the cap it if it were RE-ENTRY waivers...meaning he was sent to the AHL, and then attempted to be brought back to the NHL. You must go on waivers both ways.

A Flyers example...we waived Gauthier last year and if he were claimed they would have had the entire 3.25 (or whatever it was). Then he was stashed in the AHL. We couldn't bring him back up because then he would have had to go through waivers again, and probably would have been claimed at 1.75. Then we would have been stuck paying 1.75 for a player on another team.
That sounds much more correct. Thanks for clearing that up.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Call D.Markov.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
mercury

Call Berard back up. I am sure he would have no hard feelings about being let go from the tryout. This isn't bad for the first two weeks:

Timonen-Coburn
Vaananen-Berard
Sbisa/Kukkonen-Eminger

When is Jones going to be 100%?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 11:12 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Call D.Markov.
wants too much money and we'd need to ship another contract out to fit him. though i would love to get him, he was great in 03-04.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Call Berard back up. I am sure he would have no hard feelings about being let go from the tryout. This isn't bad for the first two weeks:

Timonen-Coburn
Vaananen-Berard
Sbisa/Kukkonen-Eminger

According to Tim P.'s blog, Jones isn't practicing today nor is Richards. Link is posted on the Cannon thread.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Wait wait...I thought Sbisa made the team no matter what happened to Parent?

Mr. Holmgren, please stop taking pages out of Andy Reid's playbook. Some of us are not fooled.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 12:11 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

Mr. Holmgren, please stop taking pages out of Andy Reid's playbook. Some of us are not fooled.
All that matters is that Sbisa is fooled. The confidence levels of you and me don't really mean much to the team's fortunes.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
wants too much money and we'd need to ship another contract out to fit him. though i would love to get him, he was great in 03-04.
Used to want too much money. If he is smart he will take a pay cut and finds his way back to NHL. (that is if he wants to play here)

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

The Flyers have no reason to be honest about these things. The more honest they are; the bigger of a disadvantage it is.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
turkinaa

Now with Jones hurt and out, Berard seems like the best choice. Don't need to trade someone for him and we can try to get his salary on the cheaper side to stay under cap.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 09:52 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:

Timonen-Coburn
Vaananen-Berard
Sbisa/Kukkonen-Eminger

I agree. Unless Homer's got some great deal in the works, I say we give Berard a shot.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Used to want too much money. If he is smart he will take a pay cut and finds his way back to NHL. (that is if he wants to play here)
you've got me there. i have no idea how much he wants now, but prior reports the last time he tried to make the nhl, he wanted a pretty decent amount of money. if he would take a drastic paycut and come back to philly, i'd be all for it. i love danny markov.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
mikedifr

This hurts Parent more than the team in my opinion....I would just split Coburn and Timonen up for now and go with

Vaananen Timonen
Coburn Eminger
Sbisa Kukkonen

If we can get a veteran cheap fine, but I dont want to pull another Justin Williams panic move....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 03:23 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
This hurts Parent more than the team in my opinion....I would just split Coburn and Timonen up for now and go with

Vaananen Timonen
Coburn Eminger
Sbisa Kukkonen

If we can get a veteran cheap fine, but I dont want to pull another Justin Williams panic move....
rhett warriner was waived but i thought he was then put on LTIR??? might have been a nice stop gap

any up date on hatch?

nolan baumgartner, anyone???

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Shoeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post

Vaananen Timonen
Coburn Eminger
Sbisa Kukkonen

that is the first thing i thought of. they have plenty of options. just none that make the team better. i would def split coburn and timonen, just like id split the top line. balance is what made the team successful last year.

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 10:01 PM
chris39bong

How would you guys feel about picking up Kyle McLaren from the Sharks? $2.5M salary for this year, but a solid replacement and veteran presence. Also ads a bit more size and toughness to the blueline. McLaren is actually a very solid #4 defender when his knees feel good, but you can expect that by the end of the season he'll be hobbling around a bit. Still, if the Flyers limit his minutes and give him the occasional day off, that could (hopefully) allow his knees to hold up a bit longer than the past two seasons when he had knee surgery during the Allstar break.

chris39bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrickshockey2 View Post
How would you guys feel about picking up Kyle McLaren from the Sharks? $2.5M salary for this year, but a solid replacement and veteran presence. Also ads a bit more size and toughness to the blueline. McLaren is actually a very solid #4 defender when his knees feel good, but you can expect that by the end of the season he'll be hobbling around a bit. Still, if the Flyers limit his minutes and give him the occasional day off, that could (hopefully) allow his knees to hold up a bit longer than the past two seasons when he had knee surgery during the Allstar break.
I thought he was pretty awful last year. Just about as worn down as Hatcher

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 10:22 PM
phlocky

we only have about 700k in cap space as it sits right now. We will most likely have to deal salary to get anything decent in return. I think this might just force them to do something they didn't want to have to do and that's move Knuble. Personally I'd keep Mike, split Timonen and Coburn as someone here stated (I actually raised this possibility earlier this summer and nobody seemed in favor of it) and play Sbisa and Kukkonen on the 3rd pairing. If Sbisa doesn't play lights out in the first 9 games (and most likely he won't) then send him back to juniors and call up either Ratchuk or Guenin. The roster needs to be kept as thin as possible with us being so colse to the limit so we can't keep back-ups or reserves on the active roster.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 10:58 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
we only have about 700k in cap space as it sits right now. We will most likely have to deal salary to get anything decent in return. I think this might just force them to do something they didn't want to have to do and that's move Knuble. Personally I'd keep Mike, split Timonen and Coburn as someone here stated (I actually raised this possibility earlier this summer and nobody seemed in favor of it) and play Sbisa and Kukkonen on the 3rd pairing. If Sbisa doesn't play lights out in the first 9 games (and most likely he won't) then send him back to juniors and call up either Ratchuk or Guenin. The roster needs to be kept as thin as possible with us being so colse to the limit so we can't keep back-ups or reserves on the active roster.
Did anyone else hear of this supposed JVR + roster player for Jack Johnson rumor?

*runs away*

Old
10-10-2008, 11:00 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Did anyone else hear of this supposed JVR + roster player for Jack Johnson rumor?

*runs away*
hmmmmmmmmmm...... I love JvR but EJ is also special

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 11:03 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
hmmmmmmmmmm...... I love JvR but EJ is also special
You mean JJ?

Old
10-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
You mean JJ?
not to mention EJ is done for the year.

i'll pass.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 11:25 PM
mm6492

Quote:
You mean JJ?
yea

And I know he is done for the year, and I know JvR is gonna be good, but I would at least consider thsi. i would probally end up saying no, but it would be interesting

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:07 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
yea

And I know he is done for the year, and I know JvR is gonna be good, but I would at least consider thsi. i would probally end up saying no, but it would be interesting

Wait, I think you are getting confused. ERIC Johnson is done for the season. JACK Johnson is the one who the rumor trade is for us to be interested in. Supposedly (this according to ESPN radio) it's JVR and a roster player for JACK Johnson. To make the cap work the roster player would probably have to be someone over a 2 mil salary so probably either Randy Jones or Mike Knuble.

Personally, I think that Homer MAY have inquired about JJs availability and when he was told nothinkg less that JVR Homer ran away as fast as he could.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:20 AM
ELab2

I like JJ a lot and the value is probably good but I wouldn't do that deal. I'm no longer in the boat where I think we need to acquire another very very good for the future and if i'm moving JVR it's for Bouwmeester, Burns, EJ, or someone that's a little more solid than JJ.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote