HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

How about this UFa signing idea!

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
How about this UFa signing idea!

How about signing Lindros to a 3 year 7.5 million dollar deal with up to 1 mill per year in statistical bonuses with all the bonuses only kicking in if the oil make the playoffs.

100k for 50 points

100k for 25 goals

150 k for 70 points

150 k for 35 goals

100k for top 4 plus/minus

100k for 72 games played

150 k for 35 goals

150 k for 85 points.

even at 3.5 million he would be steal if he put up those kind of numbers and at 2.5 it worth a risk especially at his age.

Look at this line and think mmm. Sure he is fragile but we play a more up tempo game and there should be less wear and tear on him in the west.

Smyth Lindros York
Torres Nedved Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Isbister
Horcoff Stoll Hemsky

BG Rita

Old
06-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Loweball

This is Edmonton. Let's worry about signing Petr Nedved first. To have both players on our team is just a dream. we have lots of others who need to be qualified and that means 10% raises minimum. We need to get guys like Brewer , Dvorak and Smith under contract first..

Then again, Lindros could be our worst nightmare. Can you say Jiri Dopita? Another gamble that failed.

Maybe Lindros for the same cash we are paying Invisibister ...I would think about it then.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Loweball

I do like your lines though Cayos1...except BG would play ahead of Invisibister on my team...

maybe the Rags would trade Lindros for Isbister? hmmm

Old
06-29-2004, 11:14 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Or we could sign Conroy. I'd bet he could be had for 2.5million and we could ice this lineup:

Torres - Nedved - Dvorak
Smyth - Conroy - York
Moreau - Reasoner - Hemsky
Horcoff - Stoll - Isbister

plus, it would just kill Calgary fans to see Conroy in Oilers silks.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
Or we could sign Conroy. I'd bet he could be had for 2.5million and we could ice this lineup:

Torres - Nedved - Dvorak
Smyth - Conroy - York
Moreau - Reasoner - Hemsky
Horcoff - Stoll - Isbister
I think Conroy's looking for more money. Bob McKenzie said that Sutter had offered a two year deal to Conroy at the same salary that he earned this season and Conroy had rejected it. Conroy will test the UFA market to see how much he can get. And I think some team out there might offer him a 3+ million a year deal.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:21 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned
I think Conroy's looking for more money. Bob McKenzie said that Sutter had offered a two year deal to Conroy at the same salary that he earned this season and Conroy had rejected it. Conroy will test the UFA market to see how much he can get. And I think some team out there might offer him a 3+ million a year deal.
Oh, I heard Sutter wanted him to take a pay cut. That's why I figured he could be had for around 2.5

Old
06-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Oh, I heard Sutter wanted him to take a pay cut. That's why I figured he could be had for around 2.5
Hmm, he still might sign for that. If no teams are willing to offer him above 3 mil he may have to settle for 2.5, or even less. Unfortunately I think there will be some teams that will offer him what he wants.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund Oiler
Then again, Lindros could be our worst nightmare. Can you say Jiri Dopita? Another gamble that failed.
Different kind of gamble. When healthy Lindros proves why he was considered the league's next Superstar 13 years ago. The guy is only 31 years old, and if he could go a season or two without a damn concussion the guy would be a phenominal signing guarenteed. It won't be a risk because no team will sign him to anything but an incentive loaded contract. Top 5 player in the game if he was ever healthy. You know what I love is the fact that Roenick has two more concussions then Eric, yet between the two of them people see Eric as the risk.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Chayos

Quote:

While i like Conroy he is similar to what we have n horcoff, stoll and reasoner. I think Lindros would fill a role we haven't had for a while, power forward center. While i am not 100% sold on Lindros lowe must be as he made a pitch for ahim a while back. Given the chance he may excel and we may get some good value for a couple of years. i would be willing to take the risk imo.

How else can you get a ppg player. either draft them or take chances like this.

Closed Thread